• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

Darnall rubbed the back of his head and spoke haltingly."Uh, hey Maryl. I sorta need a place to stay and I don't know anybody here, so I was wondering if I could maybe, possibly," He took a deep breath, "stay with you until they can help me get a place of my own." The last part came out in a rush, and Darnall blushed with embarrassment.

"My house is like really tight quarters, I almost want to say no & normally I would say no, but given your circumstances, I can come over and pick you up." Maryl said

"Exactly especially if you heard how guardian angels spoke to Irish clients back in the day!" Bartley recalled "My mother had a guardian angel that was assigned to her after an arranged marriage and her Angel would always say shit to my mother like 'oh, it's okay darling with your inherited mediocrity I understand' and when I was getting bullied as a kid, she'd tell me 'When they pick on you, just turn the other cheek' I did & they only wound up picking on me some more. It's like they'd tell humans anything just so they can receive that communion money, whitch by the way is nothing more than a glorified tip jar!"

Aura frowned. "Bartley, I'm so sorry..." aura whispered. She gently laid a hand on his shoulder. 

"Thank you, that was just something I needed to get off my chest" Bartley said while giving her a pat on the back "I'm glad you understand"

"Of course." Aura smiled gently. She understood what it was like to be looked down upon by angels. Most angels refused to talk to her. 

"My house is like really tight quarters, I almost want to say no & normally I would say no, but given your circumstances, I can come over and pick you up." Maryl said

Darnall's blush deepened as she agreed to help him. "Thanks a heap Maryl. I'm to have to ask you like this." 

Darnall's blush deepened as she agreed to help him. "Thanks a heap Maryl. I'm to have to ask you like this." 

"Oh no it's fine, I was planning on relaxing before work, but I guess it'll help my work experience by bring my work home, bye." Maryl said before hanging up. "Maryl sounds like such a beutiful maiden" the skeleton said.

Aura flinched. "Yeah. They wouldn't lend me a hand if I were an inch from death."

"They weren't interested in blessing my family during famine of whitch I was the first of the family to die, all the guardian angels went up to the landowners and politicians during that time because apparently Irish catholisim was the wrong type of Christianity." Bartley recalled before coaxing "if you do want me to flush out god's curse from your system, I know someone"

Last edited by a moderator:
Cecily listened to this conversation thoughtfully as she ate a plump strawberry. She wore a SnapBack and a scarf, concealing her flawless beauty. She hated drawing attention...it only made her feel more pathetic. Or like a piece of meat. Pick your poison I suppose... 

She nibbled on another strawberry, her curiosity officially piqued.

Half breed? I thought that was a myth. Cool...but not really. Some angel couldn't keep it in their toga, apparently. 

@Alexander Hamilton @Tonstad39

Cecily listened to this conversation thoughtfully as she ate a plump strawberry. She wore a SnapBack and a scarf, concealing her flawless beauty. She hated drawing attention...it only made her feel more pathetic. Or like a piece of meat. Pick your poison I suppose... 

She nibbled on another strawberry, her curiosity officially piqued.

Half breed? I thought that was a myth. Cool...but not really. Some angel couldn't keep it in their toga, apparently. 

Bartley (an Irish skeleton) took no notice to the fallen angel flying ouside his penthouse window

Cecily listened to this conversation peacefully from the window ledge, peering in through the window as she popped another strawberry into her mouth. 

A skeleton and a hybrid walk into a bar...

She giggled to herself as she imaged such a scenario, looking back at her sparkling downy wings.

They would turn black soon, maybe even die if she was that unlucky. 

For now though, they were beautiful.

Hard to hide, but worth it in function. 

@Tonstad39

"They weren't interested in blessing my family during famine of whitch I was the first of the family to die, all the guardian angels went up to the landowners and politicians during that time because apparently Irish catholisim was the wrong type of Christianity." Bartley recalled before coaxing "if you do want me to flush out god's curse from your system, I know someone"

"I just don't want to hurt so much." Aura mumbled. She glanced to the window and jumped. "Oh my-- Bartley!" Aura pointed at the angel. "Should we let her in?"

@Rui

"I just don't want to hurt so much." Aura mumbled. She glanced to the window and jumped. "Oh my-- Bartley!" Aura pointed at the angel. "Should we let her in?"

@Rui

"I mean, Lin's not awake, so I suppose I should" Bartley said before walking over and opening the window to let Cecily fly in.

Cecily looked over to see the skeleton opening the window. With a surprised yelp, she proceeded to fall off the window ledge and plummet downwards with a scream.

After a few moments of tense silence, she floated back upwards with the delicacy and grace of a bird, landing on her toes on the window sil. 

"Sorry...That was a bit jarring was all." She mumbled, sheepishly addressing the two she'd been eavesdropping on. She then realized she'd dropped her snack. 

"Damgittttt." She groaned, looking downwards. 

She sighed softly and glided into the room. 

"Uhm...hello there...people...?" 

She wasn't good with the whole "social interaction" thing yet.

Cecily looked over to see the skeleton opening the window. With a surprised yelp, she proceeded to fall off the window ledge and plummet downwards with a scream.

After a few moments of tense silence, she floated back upwards with the delicacy and grace of a bird, landing on her toes on the window sil. 

"Sorry...That was a bit jarring was all." She mumbled, sheepishly addressing the two she'd been eavesdropping on. She then realized she'd dropped her snack. 

"Damgittttt." She groaned, looking downwards. 

She sighed softly and glided into the room. 

"Uhm...hello there...people...?" 

She wasn't good with the whole "social interaction" thing yet.

Aura stumbled away. She didn't want to be too near the angel. Her own wing-stubs fluttered beneath her skin and Aura winced. "Hi..." Aura said nervously. "Wh-why were y-you eavesdropping?"

She nodded to the skeleton, then peeped at the girl.

"Because it seemed interesting...? Not to mention this is one of the few buildings with decently clean window sills." Cecily licked her lips, tasting the sweet strawberry juice. 

"I'm Cecil, and you two are...?" 

Her full name was still printed in some holy books and churches, she'd rather be known by a nickname or alias than that...

being the former apprentice and successor to the angel of life had its costs, hm? 

"Because it seemed interesting...? Not to mention this is one of the few buildings with decently clean window sills." Cecily licked her lips, tasting the sweet strawberry juice. 

Her full name was still printed in some holy books and churches, she'd rather be known by a nickname or alias than that...

being the former apprentice and successor to the angel of life had its costs, hm? 

"Aura..." Aura whispered, backing away slowly. Her skin felt like it was crawling. She didn't know how to speak to this angel.

"Name's Bartley, nice to meet you" the sharpley dressed skeleton said while holding out his bony hand thinking 'if she's fallen she might be what Aura needs'

"Oh no it's fine, I was planning on relaxing before work, but I guess it'll help my work experience by bring my work home, bye." Maryl said before hanging up. "Maryl sounds like such a beutiful maiden" the skeleton said.

"Yeah she is pretty and nice, too nice." Darnall sat there with his arms crossed and a concentrated frown. "She has to bring her work with her. That should be her escape from the hospital, and I'm just gonna be there making her life more hectic."

"Yeah she is pretty and nice, too nice." Darnall sat there with his arms crossed and a concentrated frown. "She has to bring her work with her. That should be her escape from the hospital, and I'm just gonna be there making her life more hectic."

"Ay, the healing maidens be good ones no matter how much busying they do." the skeleton said "I had a marriage with one back in 1625 before I died four years later"

"Ay, the healing maidens are good ones" the skeleton said "I had a marriage with one back in 1625 before I died four years later"

"Whatcha die from?" He let the skeleton distract him from his mood, which wasn't hard seeing as the skeleton intrigued him. Uncrossing his arms, Darnall sat up a little straighter and gave the skeleton his full attention.

"Whatcha die from?" He let the skeleton distract him from his mood, which wasn't hard seeing as the skeleton intrigued him. Uncrossing his arms, Darnall sat up a little straighter and gave the skeleton his full attention.

The skeleton shuddered and said in a sad tone of voice "An Acadian slain me in mine brest with a sword while Scotland & France was at war there. I already had a farm there. I wasn't even in combat, I was slain while driving the horse plough. I never found out until the afterlife that I was slain so he can have at my farmland, but that's left in old long past"

The skeleton shuddered and said in a sad tone of voice "An Acadian slain me in mine brest with a sword while Scotland & France was at war there. I already had a farm there. I wasn't even in combat, I was slain while driving the horse plough. I never found out until the afterlife that I was slain so he can have at my farmland, but that's left in old long past"

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry you got killed for your land. I'd say that that guy had been petty, but, from what I've read, landowning was a bigger deal in those days than it is now. " He offered a small smile. "So, what do ylu do with your time since you are dead?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back