• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry you got killed for your land. I'd say that that guy had been petty, but, from what I've read, landowning was a bigger deal in those days than it is now. " He offered a small smile. "So, what do ylu do with your time since you are dead?"

"I've been an indentured serf for English death reapers & guardian angels for around 80 years before I got a position in mining for soul gems in the underworld serving wealthy wizards & Demonic landowners who always had a million pounds to their name. I'm not skilled in anything other than farming so that's where I stuck, unskilled labour. I was also involved in the industrialization of magic in the 1800's helping install steam powered dark magic generators for the various dark lords in the area. Finally I became what I am now, a dressing dummy for Mancers and the penniless." The skeleton reacalled

"I've been an indentured serf for English death reapers & guardian angels for around 80 years before I got a position in mining for soul gems in the underworld serving wealthy wizards & Demonic landowners who always had a million pounds to their name. I'm not skilled in anything other than farming so that's where I stuck, unskilled labour. I was also involved in the industrialization of magic in the 1800's helping install steam powered dark magic generators for the various dark lords in the area. Finally I became what I am now, a dressing dummy for Mancers and the penniless." The skeleton reacalled

"Woah, quite the resume. Do you like what you do at all? It seems like it was hard work even if you're dead."

"Woah, quite the resume. Do you like what you do at all? It seems like it was hard work even if you're dead."

"When your undead there is no hard work, your body can never feel fatigued or energized, the only injuries that happen are when me bones fall off whitch doesn't happen often." The skeleton said strokinking his chin.

"When your undead there is no hard work, your body can never feel fatigued or energized, the only injuries that happen are when me bones fall off whitch doesn't happen often." The skeleton said strokinking his chin.

Darnall nodded at his response. "Do you at least find your work interesting?" Then a thought occurred to him. "Why are you undead anyway? Shouldn't you have moved on to heaven or whatever?"

Darnall nodded at his response. "Do you at least find your work interesting?" Then a thought occurred to him. "Why are you undead anyway? Shouldn't you have moved on to heaven or whatever?"

"Initially yes" the skeleton said "but colonial pergatpey was a complicated affair, it was unknown if I went to god's heaven or the indian's heaven since Christianity had limited power over celestial territories there. If I was judged for my sins by the Christian standard or by the Indian standard since god didn't have a lot of power here. Scottish were also judged differently, in between our use of Indian land and occasional serfdom of those peoples, it was actually unknown if I'd go to satan's hell or the Wolverine's underworld realm.

My time in limbo was upwards of a few months before going to a fringe and desolate version of christian heaven with few angels and plenty of Indian deities who seldom understood English & most of the angels spoke French or very slurred English. Canadian heaven was a very weird and desolate place back then lacking any palaces, diamonds or gold and the amenities were comparable to French earth at the time. That's why I became a servant, it was more familiar to me and I wouldn't have to put up with strange dieties."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Initially yes" the skeleton said "but colonial pergatpey was a complicated affair, it was unknown if I went to god's heaven or the indian's heaven since Christianity had limited power over celestial territories there. If I was judged for my sins by the Christian standard or by the Indian standard since god didn't have a lot of power here. Scottish were also judged differently, in between our use of Indian land and occasional serfdom of those peoples, it was actually unknown if I'd go to satan's hell or the Wolverine's underworld realm. My time in limbo was upwards of a few months before going to a fringe and desolate version of christian heaven with few angels and plenty of Indian deities who seldom understood English &a most of the angels spoke French or very slurred English. Canadian heaven was a very weird and desolate place lacking any palaces, diamonds or gold and the amenities were comparable to French earth at the time. That's why I became a servant, it was more familiar to me and I wouldn't have to put up with strange dieties."

"I see. No boom on relihion ever tells you how screwed it is in the real world. Are you going to be a servant for the rest of eternity, or will you get another shot at heaven? I'm sure that it's a lot nicer there now that things have settled."

"I see. No boom on relihion ever tells you how screwed it is in the real world. Are you going to be a servant for the rest of eternity, or will you get another shot at heaven? I'm sure that it's a lot nicer there now that things have settled."

"Maybe I will try heaven again, altheough when I went to heaven for the first time I was actually allowed to traverse into the Indian heaven & it was absolutely gorgeous. Infinite amount of oak trees with ethereal bears and deer, corn fields, infinitely deep lakes and oceans brimming with every spiecies of fish & large as far as the eye could see. The Indian heaven is probably gone now though" the skeleton said disappointingly "maybe the Canadian Christian heaven is more comparable to other heavens in the world now"

"Maybe I will try heaven again, altheough when I went to heaven for the first time I was actually allowed to traverse into the Indian heaven & it was absolutely gorgeous. Infinite amount of oak trees with ethereal bears and deer, corn fields, infinitely deep lakes and oceans brimming with every spiecies of fish & large as far as the eye could see. The Indian heaven is probably gone now though" the skeleton said disappointingly "maybe the Canadian Christian heaven is more comparable to other heavens in the world now"

"Yeah, you never know. It doesn't even have to be someone else's heaven either. Plenty of people believe that good people get their own personal heaven when they die. You can even decide to be reincarnated and try your hand at life again."

"Yeah, you never know. It doesn't even have to be someone else's heaven either. Plenty of people believe that good people get their own personal heaven when they die. You can even decide to be reincarnated and try your hand at life again."

"That's certainly not how it worked in those days." Said the skeleton "Everything was too desolate to deal with personalized heavens, I mean they had barely constructed the guardian angel recruitment centre when I was there. I wonder what my personalized heaven would be." The skeleton said with wonder.

"That's certainly not how it worked in those days." Said the skeleton "Everything was too desolate to deal with personalized heavens, I mean they had barely constructed the guardian angel recruitment centre when I was there. I wonder what my personalized heaven would be." The skeleton said with wonder.

"It's supposed to be so perfect for you, that you couldn't possibly imagine it until you were there."

"It's supposed to be so perfect for you, that you couldn't possibly imagine it until you were there."

The mage said "sorry to interrupt your conversation, but the enchanting room is off limits as other people might want to use it." The skeleton nodded before openeing the door and motioning Darnall to come out with him while the hallways were mildly crowded and people turned their heads in mild shock at the skeleton in the hospital.

The mage said "sorry to interrupt your conversation, but the enchanting room is off limits as other people might want to use it." The skeleton nodded before openeing the door and motioning Darnall to come out with him while the hallways were mildly crowded and people turned their heads in mild shock at the skeleton in the hospital.

"Oh, sorry. Thanks for the clothes, by the way." Darnall rolled through the open door. Ignoring the people staring at the skeleton he waited for his companion to follow. "I'm  probably a complete dunce, but I don't remember catching your name."

"Oh, sorry. Thanks for the clothes, by the way." Darnall rolled through the open door. Ignoring the people staring at the skeleton he waited for his companion to follow. "I'm  probably a complete dunce, but I don't remember catching your name."

"Lain" the skeleton said walking down the hallway ignoring more distressed stares "My name's Lain"

"Lain" the skeleton said walking down the hallway ignoring more distressed stares "My name's Lain"

"Nice to meet you Lain. I'm Darnall, though you probably already know that. So, when you get summoned to model clothes, how do you get back?"

(gnight) 

"Nice to meet you Lain. I'm Darnall, though you probably already know that. So, when you get summoned to model clothes, how do you get back?"

(gnight) 

"Eh, thrift stores or mages all across Nova Scotia teleport me in and out, it could be within 5 minutes or two hours really any business owner who needs me to model clothes" Lain said walking to the automatic doors that go outside the hospital.

"Eh, thrift stores or mages all across Nova Scotia teleport me in and out, it could be within 5 minutes or two hours really any business owner who needs me to model clothes" Lain said walking to the automatic doors that go outside the hospital.

"Oh, that makes more sense I guess. I was going to ask if they give you breaks, but you don't even need days off do you? Being dead and all."

"Oh, that makes more sense I guess. I was going to ask if they give you breaks, but you don't even need days off do you? Being dead and all."

"They don't summon me all that often in the evening hours, but you're correct. I have no need to sleep or eat so I wouldn't need a break" Lain said "So, what does the maiden Maryl look like?"

"They don't summon me all that often in the evening hours, but you're correct. I have no need to sleep or eat so I wouldn't need a break" Lain said "So, what does the maiden Maryl look like?"

"She has brown hair. She's pretty and that only increases when she smiles. Oh, and she's not human, a satyr I guess. She just has the warm aura that makes you want to relax and believe that everything's going to be ok."

"She has brown hair. She's pretty and that only increases when she smiles. Oh, and she's not human, a satyr I guess. She just has the warm aura that makes you want to relax and believe that everything's going to be ok."

"I wouldn't have gone with a satyr, but I suppose she's quite the pretty lass" Lain said

"I don't think the stories about satyrs apply totally to the females. The only vibes I got from Maryl were those of kindness and care."

"Well, I'm glad you found your lot, in my time, you'd have probably been bred with another slave you don't know well." Lain said admiring how far civil rights have come since the 1620's.

"Well, I'm glad you found your lot, in my time, you'd have probably been bred with another slave you don't know well." Lain said admiring how far civil rights have come since the 1620's.

Darnall was a bit confused at the skeleton's comment, and the parts he understood he didn't think he liked. "Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you, but I sincerely hope that you don't think that Maryl and I are breeding."

Darnall was a bit confused at the skeleton's comment, and the parts he understood he didn't think he liked. "Maybe I'm just misunderstanding you, but I sincerely hope that you don't think that Maryl and I are breeding."

"I'm saying that it might develop into romance and I'm also admiring how enlightened this society became whereby a black human can date a satyr." Lain said hoping it would clarify things.

"I'm saying that it might develop into romance and I'm also admiring how enlightened this society became whereby a black human can date a satyr." Lain said hoping it would clarify things.

"Ok I see what you mean, but Maryl doesn't exactly do it for me. If I'm going to get into a romantic relationship, then it has to be someone who can add a little darkness to my light. Someone who can restrain me when I go off the rails, because now that I'm free, rules and I aren't going to mesh so well."

"Ok I see what you mean, but Maryl doesn't exactly do it for me. If I'm going to get into a romantic relationship, then it has to be someone who can add a little darkness to my light. Someone who can restrain me when I go off the rails, because now that I'm free, rules and I aren't going to mesh so well."

"Free?!" Lain exclaimed as it was a very off thing for him to say, especially when slavery was abolish almost two centuries ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back