• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"No one forced you into anything, the countess decided to take you in and give you shelter & safety. I know her, getting you to join would come second" Bartley defended.

"Shelter and safety, and in return I would have to join, or she would have kicked me out." Aura argued. 

"You have a point." Bartley said "but do you not want to be a part of this because of god's curse or because you genuinely want no part in this?"

"Because angels get sick around sin & I really want to know, are you psychologically okay with this even though the curse says otherwise, because I know some ways around it." Said Bartley.

"I don't know!" Aura snapped. "I don't like crime, but I don't know if that's because of my angel side or if that's what I really believe!"

"I don't know!" Aura snapped. "I don't like crime, but I don't know if that's because of my angel side or if that's what I really believe!"

"Now, how much do you dislike the god with the largest area of celestial territory?" Bartley said in an attempt of persuasion.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What is do you hate or at the very least dislike god and being victim to his constructed curse his moral values?" Bartley asked

"I hate that I'm immediately judged because of him. I hate that he holds me to a higher standard than everyone else. I hate that he's cursed me with this... reaction to crime, I hate that he gave me wings, I hate it all!"

"I hate that I'm immediately judged because of him. I hate that he holds me to a higher standard than everyone else. I hate that he's cursed me with this... reaction to crime, I hate that he gave me wings, I hate it all!"

Bartley was shocked "how the Fuck was she consealing her wings" Bartley thought before ranting "It's a very human-centric model that focuses the moral compass on humans and anything above or below is within the celestial tug of war that humans face on a day to day basis. Never mind that Angels or demons have moral battles of their own, they have to be all good or all evil because humans need a moral guide outside of their head. Never mind that angels encouraged a guy's alcoholism, let people die of famine & caused a genocides of whole human ethnic groups, they're the divine bringers of goodness! I was even critical of this bullshit when I was alive, especially in Ireland at the time when angels were more condescending and tended to be English than actually being helpful!"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Right" the skeleton said handing Darnall the clothing. The mage now made a force field around Darnall as to give him privacy to get dressed.

Stripping out of his hospital robe with ease, Darnall started with the most difficult half of getting dressed: the bottom half. Though he had spent most of his captivity naked, the concept of getting dressing himself was one that Darnall was well versed in. Making sure to lock his wheels, Darnall slipped on the boxer briefs using a tugging and rocking motion. He took a moment to readjust himself before bending his right leg and threading it through the jeans, just below the knee, before switching legs and doing the same thing, following with rocking to one side and pulling up the jeans with a "scooping motion". Once he had the jeans buttoned and zipped, and had removed all uncomfortable wrinkles, folds and tightness, putting on the shirt, socks and shoes were no trouble. After a few short minutes, he was finished. "OK, I'm done."

Bartley was shocked "how the Fuck was she consealing her wings" Bartley thought before ranting "It's a very human-centric model that focuses the moral compass on humans and anything above or below is within the celestial tug of war that humans face on a day to day basis. Never mind that Angels or demons have moral battles of their own, they have to be all good or all evil because humans need a moral guide outside of their head. Never mind that angels encouraged a guy's alcoholism, let people die of famine & caused a genocides of whole human ethnic groups, they're the divine bringers of goodness! I was even critical of this bullshit when I was alive, especially in Ireland at the time when angels were more condescending and tended to be English than actually being helpful!"

"Angels aren't helpful. All they do is act as a moral goal that no one can reasonably achieve." Aura agreed. 

Stripping out of his hospital robe with ease, Darnall started with the most difficult half of getting dressed: the bottom half. Though he had spent most of his captivity naked, the concept of getting dressing himself was one that Darnall was well versed in. Making sure to lock his wheels, Darnall slipped on the boxer briefs using a tugging and rocking motion. He took a moment to readjust himself before bending his right leg and threading it through the jeans, just below the knee, before switching legs and doing the same thing, following with rocking to one side and pulling up the jeans with a "scooping motion". Once he had the jeans buttoned and zipped, and had removed all uncomfortable wrinkles, folds and tightness, putting on the shirt, socks and shoes were no trouble. After a few short minutes, he was finished. "OK, I'm done."

The mage dispelled the force field and said "good, is there anything else you want to know?"

The mage dispelled the force field and said "good, is there anything else you want to know?"

"Yeah. What do I do after this? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do besides a vague timetable that means I'll be going to a rehab center sometime in the near future. There's gonna be a lot of gray area between now and "near". I'm sure."

"Angels aren't helpful. All they do is act as a moral goal that no one can reasonably achieve." Aura agreed. 

"Exactly especially if you heard how guardian angels spoke to Irish clients back in the day!" Bartley recalled "My mother had a guardian angel that was assigned to her after an arranged marriage and her Angel would always say shit to my mother like 'oh, it's okay darling with your inherited mediocrity I understand' and when I was getting bullied as a kid, she'd tell me 'When they pick on you, just turn the other cheek' I did & they only wound up picking on me some more. It's like they'd tell humans anything just so they can receive that communion money, whitch by the way is nothing more than a glorified tip jar!"

"Yeah. What do I do after this? I have no idea what I'm supposed to do besides a vague timetable that means I'll be going to a rehab center sometime in the near future. There's gonna be a lot of gray area between now and "near". I'm sure."

"From my understanding" the mage said "you don't have any folks here in Nova Scotia, is there anyone that you met in this hospital that stands out to you, maybe they'd let you live with them until your on the welfare system."

"From my understanding" the mage said "you don't have any folks here in Nova Scotia, is there anyone that you met in this hospital that stands out to you, maybe they'd let you live with them until your on the welfare system."

"The only people I got to know somewhat were Maryl and Yaj. I really don't want to be a burden on them though. Plus, Yaj is still a patient here. I mean, I guess I could ask Maryl, but I'd prefer not having to."

"The only people I got to know somewhat were Maryl and Yaj. I really don't want to be a burden on them though. Plus, Yaj is still a patient here. I mean, I guess I could ask Maryl, but I'd prefer not having to."

"I'm sure Maryl would understand" said the mage "she knows your case and how no one here knows you"

"Sure. No use in pussyfooting around. Might as well get this over with, now." 

The mage walked over to a cordless phone and called Maryl'e cell phone before putting her on speaker phone causing the dial tone to emanate throughout the room.

The mage walked over to a cordless phone and called Maryl'e cell phone before putting her on speaker phone causing the dial tone to emanate throughout the room.

Darnall waited anxiously for Maryl to answer the phone, with baited breath. He was unsure how she would react to the situation, and that was making him nervous.

Darnall waited anxiously for Maryl to answer the phone, with baited breath. He was unsure how she would react to the situation, and that was making him nervous.

"Hello" Maryl said upon answering before the mage said "This is dr. Ryfeld of the enchanting unit & we are rehabilitating Darnell & he wanted to ask you something" Dr. Ryfeld pointed to Darnall, motioning for him to speak.

"Hello" Maryl said upon answering before the mage said "This is dr. Ryfeld of the enchanting unit & we are rehabilitating Darnell & he wanted to ask you something" Dr. Ryfeld pointed to Darnall, motioning for him to speak.

Darnall rubbed the back of his head and spoke haltingly."Uh, hey Maryl. I sorta need a place to stay and I don't know anybody here, so I was wondering if I could maybe, possibly," He took a deep breath, "stay with you until they can help me get a place of my own." The last part came out in a rush, and Darnall blushed with embarrassment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back