• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"It appears that you're used to abuse so you expect abuse. What I worry about is when we rehabilitate you, that you will develop acrophobia from subconsciously expecting pain when you get home" The psychiatrist said

"So what your saying is that you think that I'll just shut myself up inside and hide from the world?" Darnall was getting slightly emotional. "I don't expect pain. I like people. I like being nice and free and kind. Once I get my magic back, no one eill be able to hurt me anyway. I mean, without even trying, I killed an entire coven of 13 warlocks with a single spell and absolutely no idea what I was doing, besides a panicked call for help."

"So what your saying is that you think that I'll just shut myself up inside and hide from the world?" Darnall was getting slightly emotional. "I don't expect pain. I like people. I like being nice and free and kind. Once I get my magic back, no one eill be able to hurt me anyway. I mean, without even trying, I killed an entire coven of 13 warlocks with a single spell and absolutely no idea what I was doing, besides a panicked call for help."

"You might think that, but you're subconscious isn't easily persuaded, you might not get explicit thoughts, but there will still be that underlying fear that you wouldn't understand why you have, might not always be fear but at the very least a slight sense of apprehensiveness. The reason I say these things is that it could be endemic of a much more serious condition that a ruptured Ravdium" the psychiatrist said

"You might think that, but you're subconscious isn't easily persuaded, you might not get explicit thoughts, but there will still be that underlying fear that you wouldn't understand why you have, might not always be fear but at the very least a slight sense of apprehensiveness. The reason I say these things is that it could be endemic of a much more serious condition that a ruptured Ravdium" the psychiatrist said

"More serious" like what?" Darnall asked carefully. Something tells me that I'm not going to like the answer to that question. He swallowed silently.

"Stockholm syndrome" said the psychiatrist in a very frank fashion.

"You think that I'll romanticize the time that I was a prisoner and want to return to that? Are you daft? I hated being with those monsters. I feel nothing gor them but contempt."

"You think that I'll romanticize the time that I was a prisoner and want to return to that? Are you daft? I hated being with those monsters. I feel nothing gor them but contempt."

"That's what you say now, but when we get on the Canadian welfare system & live in a place of your own, after a while you'll kind of be sick of the outside world" the psychiatrist said "it may sound absurd, but it's a very common phenomenon with people who have been in captivity for elapsed periods of time"

"That's what you say now, but when we get on the Canadian welfare system & live in a place of your own, after a while you'll kind of be sick of the outside world" the psychiatrist said "it may sound absurd, but it's a very common phenomenon with people who have been in captivity for elapsed periods of time"

"But why? I want to be outside. I want to be a part of the world. I want to enjoy being free."

((Gotta love sleep attacks.not.))

Bartley teleported to his appartment and summoned two of his henchmen, two hired guns, one human, one orc. He briefed them and told them to use grunts to hunt down a witch hunter named Jacob before teleporting them away. 

Swaths of people walk in varying directions and the witch is hiding herself amongst the moving crowds.

Joshua saw the witch and grinned, moving towards her. He wasn't sure if he wanted to kill her or capture her as of yet. 

"But why? I want to be outside. I want to be a part of the world. I want to enjoy being free."

((Gotta love sleep attacks.not.))

"Yes you do, and you will for the first few months, but once you become used to it, your mind would divert to an older rhythm that it has done for nine maybe more years. It may not be explicit thoughts per say, it could just be implicit worries of the consciousness".

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes you do, and you will for the first few months, but once you become used to it, your mind would divert to an older rhythm that it has done for nine maybe more years. It may not be explicit thoughts per say, it could just be implicit worries of the consciousness".

Darnall eyes were beginning to well up with tears. "That's not fair. I'm finally free. I want to be happy. I don't want to wake up one morning trapped in a cage my own making." Fustrated tears began to roll down his face. "What's the point of trying if I end up locking myself away?"

Darnall eyes were beginning to well up with tears. "That's not fair. I'm finally free. I want to be happy. I don't want to wake up one morning trapped in a cage my own making." Fustrated tears began to roll down his face. "What's the point of trying if I end up locking myself away?"

"That's why I plan on putting you in the rehabilitation centre and a support forum for suppressed witches just across the street to the hospital to reduce the effects of Stockholm syndrome as much as possible" The psychiatrist said

"That's why I plan on putting you in the rehabilitation centre and a support forum for suppressed witches just across the street to the hospital to reduce the effects of Stockholm syndrome as much as possible" The psychiatrist said

Darnall just stared up at the ceiling as the tears continued to roll down his cheeks. Hadn't been able to cry this openly in years, and it felt good to do so. "Are all witches female?" He shiffed quietly before he spoke.

Darnall just stared up at the ceiling as the tears continued to roll down his cheeks. Hadn't been able to cry this openly in years, and it felt good to do so. "Are all witches female?" He shiffed quietly before he spoke.

"Witch" the psychiatrist said "is a bit of a self given label, some call themselves warlock while others call themselves witch, it depends on what they prefer to be called"

Joshua saw the witch and grinned, moving towards her. He wasn't sure if he wanted to kill her or capture her as of yet. 

An eleven warlock, a henchman of Bartley sneaks around on rooftops doing very leet parkour before stopping at the witch hunter, Joshua. The warlock catched his breath and conjured a fireball before throwing it directly at them, shocking everyone in the immediate area.

"Witch" the psychiatrist said "is a bit of a self given label, some call themselves warlock while others call themselves witch, it depends on what they prefer to be called"

Darnall nodded in understanding and seemed to calm himself somewhat. "How long will I be in the centre, do you think?" He wiped away his tears. 

"Both. I want to know how long you people plan to keep me in this cage of kindness before you leave me alone."

"Tonight at the earliest, three days at the latest to get out of this hospital. To get out of rehab, a month at the earliest, three months at the latest" the psychiatrist said "I definitely won't need to prescribe medication as you seem mentally stable & I feel this has been a productive therapy session."

"Tonight at the earliest, three days at the latest to get out of this hospital. To get out of rehab, a month at the earliest, three months at the latest" the psychiatrist said "I definitely won't need to prescribe medication as you seem mentally stable & I feel this has been a productive therapy session."

Darnall nodded sullenly. "I understand. I hope it doesn't take that long. Can I go now? This has been... tiring."

Darnall nodded sullenly. "I understand. I hope it doesn't take that long. Can I go now? This has been... tiring."

"Of course" the psychiatrist said getting up and putting Darnall into the wheelchair before opening the door for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
An eleven warlock, a henchman of Bartley sneaks around on rooftops doing very leet parkour before stopping at the witch hunter, Joshua. The warlock catched his breath and conjured a fireball before throwing it directly at them, shocking everyone in the immediate area.

Joshua just barely avoided the worst of the fireball, but still got very burned on his arm. He yelped from the pain before looking around for whoever threw it. 

"Of course" the psychiatrist said getting up and putting Darnall into the wheelchair before opening the door for him.

"Th-thanks." Darnall wheeked himself out of the room and back down the hall. His mood stayed heavy as the doors swung open, and he wheeled his way towards the elevators and waited for one to open, after pressing the button.

Joshua just barely avoided the worst of the fireball, but still got very burned on his arm. He yelped from the pain before looking around for whoever threw it. 

The elf hid behind a large vent as the witch was running away through the modest crowds, turning down a bordering street.

"Th-thanks." Darnall wheeked himself out of the room and back down the hall. His mood stayed heavy as the doors swung open, and he wheeled his way towards the elevators and waited for one to open, after pressing the button.

The right elevator opened to reveal no one in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back