• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

After a good ten minutes, the receptionist called out "Darnall Delver"

Darnall rose out of his meditation carefully and opened his eyes. "On my way." He raised his voice to match the nurses before disengaging the brakes, and wheeling himself, slowly, towards the receptionist. "Here I am." He called out calmly. Once he'd reached the desk.

Darnall rose out of his meditation carefully and opened his eyes. "On my way." He raised his voice to match the nurses before disengaging the brakes, and wheeling himself, slowly, towards the receptionist. "Here I am." He called out calmly. Once he'd reached the desk.

"Doctor McCullough wants to see you now, he's in evaluation room 12" the nurse said opening the automatic door with a push of a keyboard button.

"Doctor McCullough wants to see you now, he's in evaluation room 12" the nurse said opening the automatic door with a push of a keyboard button.

"Thank you." A little more sure of his control and strength, Darnall wheeled through the opened door at a slightly increased pace. Keeping an eye on the room numbers as he rolled along, Darnall slowed down just as he reached the 12. Seeing as the door was already open, he rolled in without hesitation. "Hello?"

"Thank you." A little more sure of his control and strength, Darnall wheeled through the opened door at a slightly increased pace. Keeping an eye on the room numbers as he rolled along, Darnall slowed down just as he reached the 12. Seeing as the door was already open, he rolled in without hesitation. "Hello?"

Dr. McCullough, a green skinned orc with short balding grey hair wearing a purple button down shirt and slacks as he sat in an office chair saying "Ah, nice to see you, Darnall I've learned so much about you, glad to finally see you here"

"well, I should be going, I'm very busy today, so, I'm gonna have to say goodbye for now."Bartley said wanting to get at Joshua.

"Okay, goodbye, Bartley." Aura smiled and walked back to her apartment.

Joshua was downtown, searching for a certain witch he'd been hired to find.

Bartley teleported to his appartment and summoned two of his henchmen, two hired guns, one human, one orc. He briefed them and told them to use grunts to hunt down a witch hunter named Jacob before teleporting them away. 

Swaths of people walk in varying directions and the witch is hiding herself amongst the moving crowds.

Dr. McCullough, a green skinned orc with short balding grey hair wearing a purple button down shirt and slacks as he sat in an office chair saying "Ah, nice to see you, Darnall I've learned so much about you, glad to finally see you here"

I'm just getting all kinds, ain't I? Darnall mused to himself as he looked orc up and down. "Well aren't you a big boy, Good Doctor." Though his tone was patently indecent, Darnall was instantly mortified that that comment hadn't been mental, and it showed.

I'm just getting all kinds, ain't I? Darnall mused to himself as he looked orc up and down. "Well aren't you a big boy, Good Doctor." Though his tone was patently indecent, Darnall was instantly mortified that that comment hadn't been mental, and it showed.

The psychiatrist who had a doctorate from the university of Toronto was mildly offended, but kept the salt to himself. "right" the psychiatrist said getting Darnall out of the wheelchair and laying him on the couch. The psychiatrist sat down, got out his clipboard and readied himself to take notes of his patient before saying  "Now, i warn you some of these questions are going to be a little probing, you don't have to answer all of them if you don't want to, but get comfortable stay a while this will be all over with as soon as possible"

Last edited by a moderator:
The psychiatrist who had a doctorate from the university of Toronto was mildly offended, but kept the salt to himself. "right" the psychiatrist said getting Darnall out of the wheelchair and laying him on the couch. The psychiatrist sat down, got out his clipboard and readied himself to take notes of his patient before saying  "Now, i warn you some of these questions are going to be a little probing, you don't have to answer all of them if you don't want to, but get comfortable stay a while this will be all over with as soon as possible"

Darnall laid back on the couch, still clutching his book, and soothed the burning in his cheeks. "Probing questions? No problem. I'm just ready to see all my problems spread out neatly so I can systematically and brutally eradicate them. Especially this whole issue with the outside being too big. I want to go outside without a mental breakdown."

Darnall laid back on the couch, still clutching his book, and soothed the burning in his cheeks. "Probing questions? No problem. I'm just ready to see all my problems spread out neatly so I can systematically and brutally eradicate them. Especially this whole issue with the outside being too big. I want to go outside without a mental breakdown."

"Ahh yes, interesting" the psychiatrist said "There's may things just down the street of this hospital, there's a park, public gardens, a few restaurants & the Halifax central library is also a few blocks along the way. I digress, What is this 'outside bring too big' that you just now mentioned"

"Ahh yes, interesting" the psychiatrist said "There's may things just down the street of this hospital, there's a park, public gardens, a few restaurants & the Halifax central library is also a few blocks along the way. I digress, What is this 'outside bring too big' that you just now mentioned"

"Exactly what I said. The concept of the outside is one of my greatest desires, but it appears to also be one of my greatest fears. It... more than I expected or thought I wanted." Darnall swept his arms in an all-inclusive gesture. "There's just so much. How do I find the walls if they don't exist?"

"Exactly what I said. The concept of the outside is one of my greatest desires, but it appears to also be one of my greatest fears. It... more than I expected or thought I wanted." Darnall swept his arms in an all-inclusive gesture. "There's just so much. How do I find the walls if they don't exist?"

"Now, I've read that you were held captive for ten years, is that correct?" The psychiatrist asked while taking notes.

"Now, I've read that you were held captive for ten years, is that correct?" The psychiatrist asked while taking notes.

"Yes, by warlocks who wanted to steal my powers, my magic." Darnall clutched his booked harder briefly before relaxing his grip completely.

"Yes, by warlocks who wanted to steal my powers, my magic." Darnall clutched his booked harder briefly before relaxing his grio completely.

"So I'm getting the impression that maybe you are perhaps used to this state of captivity that the outside or anywhere that isn't a confined space is overwhelming" the psychiatrist said taking notes.

"So I'm getting the impression that maybe you are perhaps used to this state of captivity that the outside or anywhere that isn't a confined space is overwhelming" the psychiatrist said taking notes.

"Well yeah, but it's not just that last ten years. Its been like this since I was a baby. My family couldn't handle what they thought I was; they'd keep me isolated in fear that I'd cause some disaster." He spoke evenly, as if he was detailing the plot of a book he'd just read.

"Well yeah, but it's not just that last ten years. Its been loke this since I was a baby. My family couldn't handle what I was; they'd keep me isolated in fear that I'd cause some disaster." He spoke evenly, as if he was detailing the plot of a book he'd just read.

"So were they religious by any chance?" The psychiatrist asked.

"So were they religious by any chance?" The psychiatrist asked.

"I was born in Arkansas to the two youngest saints in the congregation at Christ the King, a catholic church. "Religious" doesn't even begin to describe. Their wonderfully stoic catholicism was influenced by the fanatical bible thumping tendencies of religious bigots in the Bible Belt."

"I was born in Arkansas to the two youngest saints in the congregation at Christ the King, a catholic church. "Religious" doesn't even begin to describe. Their wonderfully stoic catholicism was influenced by the fanatical bible thumping tendencies of religious bigots in the Bible Belt."

The psychiatrist said "This is a very common theme with religious families, more so than you think. Religions oftentimes preach that witchcraft is a product of the devil or is innately soul destroying, so they shelter them in hope of not using demonic powers on innocent people. There even was a study published essentially saying that witches from religious families tend to be more likely to turn to the occult than those who weren't because of the intense isolation associated with it. This isn't just Catholicism, I get witches who were raised by Protestants, muslims, Hindus & occasionally buddhists who spend a childhood in near isolation and see devils or Jin or whatnot more kind than any god. That is common, what isn't common is captivity now all that said, do you think you're in danger of being possessed when you become discharged from this hospital?"

The psychiatrist said "This is a very common theme with religious families, more so than you think. Religions oftentimes preach that witchcraft is a product of the devil or is innately soul destroying, so they shelter them in hope of not using demonic powers on innocent people. There even was a study published essentially saying that witches from religious families tend to be more likely to turn to the occult than those who weren't because of the intense isolation associated with it. This isn't just Catholicism, I get witches who were raised by Protestants, muslims, Hindus & occasionally buddhists who spend a childhood in near isolation and see devils or Jin or whatnot more kind than any god. That is common, what isn't common is captivity now all that said, do you think you're in danger of being possessed when you become discharged from this hospital?"

Darnall laughed at the doctor's question. It was a harsh sound, full of scorn, disdain and rebellion. "I may be afraid to go outside, but I will never be caged. Any demon that tries will wish that they'd never been spawned." There was a fierce determination in his eyes.

Darnall laughed at the doctor's question. It was a harsh sound, full of scorn, disdain and rebellion. "I may be afraid to go outside, but I will never be caged. Any demon that tries will wish that they'd never been spawned." There was a fierce determination in his eyes.

"Good, good" The psychiatrist said while taking notes "Now, I hate to ask, but why did they kidnap you? Did they ever abuse you?"

"Good, good" The psychiatrist said while taking notes "Now, I hate to ask, but why did they kidnap you? Did they ever abuse you?"

"They kidnapped me because one of the warlocks could sense magic power, and apparently I shine like a beacon in the night, even if I was surrounded my other casters." Darnall took a calming breath before continuing. "They used to torture me a lot. Beatings, whippings, brandings you name it. One of them had stolen the power to heal, but it was incomplete. He'd heal the injury but the pain would persist for half as long as it took to heal naturally. Otherwise, my flawless skin would be nothing but a mass of scars wrapped in more scars."

"They kidnapped me because one of the warlocks could sense magic power, and apparently I shine like a beacon in the night, even if I was surrounded my other casters." Darnall took a calming breath before continuing. "They used to torture me a lot. Beatings, whippings, brandings you name it. One of them had stolen the power to heal, but it was incomplete. He'd heal the injury but the pain would persist for half as long as it took to heal naturally. Otherwise, my flawless skin would be nothing but a mass of scars wrapped in more scars."

The psychiatrist shuddered at the abuse, cringing before nervously taking notes saying "W-Wow, I feel so bad for you, do you wince whenever you go outside or anything of the sort?!"

The psychiatrist shuddered at the abuse, cringing before nervously taking notes saying "W-Wow, I feel so bad for you, do you wince whenever you go outside or anything of the sort?!"

"Most of my time outside is in short bursts, so I don't even get to think about it before I'm back inside, but earlier this morning, I probably spent about 15 minutes outside before I had my nurse take me back inside. I got real nervous and scared was wringing my wrists until we got back inside. It felt like someone's heartless idea of a cruel joke."

"Most of my time outside is in short bursts, so I don't even get to think about it before I'm back inside, but earlier this morning, I probably spent about 15 minutes outside before I had my nurse take me back inside. I got real nervous and scared was wringing my wrists until we got back inside. It felt like someone's heartless idea of a cruel joke."

"It appears that you're used to abuse so you expect abuse. What I worry about is when we rehabilitate you, that you will develop acrophobia from subconsciously expecting pain when you get home" The psychiatrist said

Users who are viewing this thread

Back