• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"She's a street child who's too used to the street, my boss took her under her wing, but she's not ready for a higher end appartment" Bartley said before the landlord stated while looking at aura concerningly "So, like a studio appartment, correct."

"She's a street child who's too used to the street, my boss took her under her wing, but she's not ready for a higher end appartment" Bartley said before the landlord stated while looking at aura concerningly "So, like a studio appartment, correct."

"I'm not really sure what that means, but that's what Bartley said, so I think so." Aura said softly. She fidgeted nervously.

"A studio appartment is basically like a single bedroom being a whole home" the landlord explained

"Oh." Is all Aura said, looking at Bartley nervously. The longer she was around the Angel, the less secure in her choice she was.

"Oh." Is all Aura said, looking at Bartley nervously. The longer she was around the Angel, the less secure in her choice she was.

"It'll be cheap, it's like the street except safer" Bartley said before the landrod coreced "You also won't get sick often because crime doesn't happen as often downtown"

"It'll be cheap, it's like the street except safer" Bartley said before the landrod coreced "You also won't get sick often because crime doesn't happen as often downtown"

Aura looked down at her feet. "Oh, okay." She whispered. She was obviously uncomfortable.

Aura looked down at her feet. "Oh, okay." She whispered. She was obviously uncomfortable.

"Now, we can rent or purchase" The landlord said before Bartley stated "I would preffer to purchase it as the periodic bills would get in the way of business if you know what I mean."

"Now, we can rent or purchase" The landlord said before Bartley stated "I would preffer to purchase it as the periodic bills would get in the way of business if you know what I mean."

Aura sat awkwardly. She wasn't really sure what to say or do. She kind of felt unqualified to talk.

"Well, natural magic is governed by the natural world and remains constant. But when you start enchanting technology, you're limited by the equipment you're using. Like when I was a kid, we only had an antenna and how far we could take the tv was completely dependent on how skilled the caster was and the channel number, the higher the channel the greater the distance. If it was getting to the upper limits of that Channal's distance the picture would get snowey and buzzy." The nurse remembered.

"Oh, I see. That makes much more sense." Darnall nodded in understanding. "You want to try it?" He asked her much enthused.

Aura sat awkwardly. She wasn't really sure what to say or do. She kind of felt unqualified to talk.

"Do you want him to buy you an apartment or should he pay for it periodically" the landlord asked

"Oh, I see. That makes much more sense." Darnall nodded in understanding. "You want to try it?" He asked her much enthused.

"But, I don't know if flatscreens worm the same way, but I can try" the nurse said before saying to the TV "Show me the Great Wall of china"

Last edited by a moderator:
"But, I don't know if flatscreens worm the same way, but I can try" the nurse said before saying to the TV "Show me the Great Wall of china"

The screen flashed once again and suddenly a part of the winding wall was visible, before zooming out for a satellite image of the entire wall. "Ok so specifics definitely matter, but that is AWESOME!"

The screen flashed once again and suddenly a part of the winding wall was visible, before zooming out for a satellite image of the entire wall. "Ok so specifics definitely matter, but that is AWESOME!"

The nurse recalled "Wow, tv's couldn't display outer space like this when I was a kid, even when we got cable we had to have a high channel number to even get a snowey feed of this!"

"Do you want him to buy you an apartment or should he pay for it periodically" the landlord asked

"Dunno I mean it's his money..." aura mumbled. 

"Dunno I mean it's his money..." aura mumbled. 

"I would like to purchase, now what do you have available?" Bartley asked and the landlord answered while looking at his flatscreen computer monitor "well, we've got 2 studio apartments available on the first floor, appartment number 10 & apartment number 2. So, what would it be?"

"I would like to purchase, now what do you have available?" Bartley asked and the landlord answered while looking at his flatscreen computer monitor "well, we've got 2 studio apartments available on the first floor, appartment number 10 & apartment number 2. So, what would it be?"

"10." Aura said. "Is that alright?"

The nurse recalled "Wow, tv's couldn't display outer space like this when I was a kid, even when we got cable we had to have a high channel number to even get a snowey feed of this!"

"Well, according to the book, a novice do this with a simple cantrip and an untuned TV should only be able to go as far up as the peak of Everest. The Great Wall from the stratosphere, crystal." The picture zoomed in drastically, but there were still clouds floating by. "So, you must not do magic often to only have memories of scrying from your childhood."

"10." Aura said. "Is that alright?"

"It's a decent place that would be $10,000 to purchase" Bartley said "It's a deal" before shaking the landlord'shand. The landlord smiled at Aura and gave her the keys saying "it isn't furnished, but they'll come with time."

"Well, according to the book, a novice do this with a simple cantrip and an untuned TV should only be able to go as far up as the peak of Everest. The Great Wall from the stratosphere, crystal." The picture zoomed in drastically, but there were still clouds floating by. "So, you must not do magic often to only have memories of scrying from your childhood."

"That book wasn't published around the time I was into magic as a kid, I just kinda sorta moved on to other things" the nurse said

"It's a decent place that would be $10,000 to purchase" Bartley said "It's a deal" before shaking the landlord'shand. The landlord smiled at Aura and gave her the keys saying "it isn't furnished, but they'll come with time."

"That book wasn't published around the time I was into magic as a kid, I just kinda sorta moved on to other things" the nurse said

"Oh no, I won't need furniture." Aura mumbled. "I'm used to sleeping on the floor." Aura took he keys and examined them with real interest. 

The first floor directory next to the leasing office read

"<---- APTS. 1-18

APTS. 19-32 ---->"

Aura walked down the hall and found her door. She unlocked the door to apt 10 and walked inside. She looked around. Empty. Completely empty. She smiled and started unpacking her bags. 

"Oh ok. I was just wondering." With a heavy sigh, he released his spell and sat back roughly. "That was a lot more... than I thought. I need a rest." There was a bright sheen of sweat on his forehead as he leaned back.

"Oh ok. I was just wondering." With a heavy sigh, he released his spell and sat back roughly. "That was a lot more... than I thought. I need a rest." There was a bright sheen of sweat on his forehead as he leaned back.

"I recommend you rest before your psychiatrist, okay" the nurse said walking out of the room

Users who are viewing this thread

Back