• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

Bartley now yelled "SHE WAS ON THE FUCKEN STREET, WHY WOULD WANT TO BRING HER BACK" while charging up a firedball with his staff!

"That is if your subconscious permits it, We also have scheduled an appointment with a psychiatrist today at 11:00 who will help you out with all that" the nurse said.

Bartley now yelled "SHE WAS ON THE FUCKEN STREET, WHY WOULD WANT TO BRING HER BACK" while charging up a firedball with his staff!

"Fuck." Joshua groaned. He turned around and picked up Aura, who was too shocked to struggle, and took off with her in his arms. He didn't know of her supernatural heritage, or he would have just left her with the skeleton.

"That is if your subconscious permits it, We also have scheduled an appointment with a psychiatrist today at 11:00 who will help you out with all that" the nurse said.

"Yay, a psycho-analyst to crack open my skull and fish around for the juicy bits." His voice was hollow with false enthusiasm. "Until then, would you be able to find me some books on magic? I might as well get started."

Bartley walked slowly behind as he was charging up a huge concentrated ball of flame energy before blasting it at Joshua and once it was released, he shaded after Joshua.

"I'll get the mage on it" the nurse said before walking out of the room to fetch the mage. She walked back with a half-elf neurologist and a female mage with a wrinkly face.

Bartley walked slowly behind as he was charging up a huge concentrated ball of flame energy before blasting it at Joshua and once it was released, he shaded after Joshua.

Joshua narrowly avoided the flame. Aura finally got ahold of herself and started squirming. "Lemme go!" Aura growled, and Joshua glared. "Calm it, kid, I'm saving you." Aura rolled her eyes and bit into Joshua's arm. Josh yelped and dropped Aura. She scrambled to her feet and ran away from Joshua.

"I'll get the mage on it" the nurse said before walking out of the room to fetch the mage. She walked back with a half-elf neurologist and a female mage with a wrinkly face.

"Hi Hi!" Darnall smiled and waved. "Maybe I should get injured more often; the service here is amazing." He was obviously not serious about getting injured.

"I'LL HAVE MY HENCHMEN DEAL WITH YOU, I CAN DETECT SOULS, JOSHUA!" Bartley yelled out in Joshua's direction

"Come and get me, freakshow, I'll turn your boney ass over to the police." Joshua yelled at Bartley. Aura sprinted off into the city. She was confused and scared.

"In your condition, Magic is a very dangerous ordeal" said the mage before the neurologist piped in "We haven't done any scans since you've been consious l, but your Ravdium is ruptured in such a way that it cris crosses into neural tissue, some spells may cause seizures and worse yet you may never gain the ability to walk.

((I know the scenes meant to be intense, but I can't help but look at i in a humorous light. An oblivious witch hunter saving a half-angel from her ally who's a skeleton in a nice suit. In my head, this entire procession is just hilarious.))

((I know the scenes meant to be intense, but I can't help but look at i in a humorous light. An oblivious witch hunter saving a half-angel from her ally who's a skeleton in a nice suit. In my head, this entire procession is just hilarious.))

(Joshua needs five chill pills and a hug)

"In your condition, Magic is a very dangerous ordeal" said the mage before the neurologist piped in "We haven't done any scans since you've been consious l, but your Ravdium is ruptured in such a way that it cris crosses into neural tissue, some spells may cause seizures and worse yet you may never gain the ability to walk.

"It is not lie I'm going to be casting any spells. I don't even want a spell book. I just want to read about what magic is, where mine comes from, and why someone would keep me locked up for 10 years to get mine when there are probably hundreds of other people who actually know how to give their magic up, and would do so willingly without the need or torture." Darnall's voice raised slightly near the end; he was going in circles. "I'd just like to know; I know I'm not ready to try anything. OK?" He sighed heavily and flicked some hair out of his face.

Bartley summoned a Wiccan pentacle on the ground and teleported directly where Joshua was walking to as he was feeling small things roll around in his shoes restricting most of his walking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
"It might carry corrupt power, causing your buddies to put you into a fit of submission" the mage said before the neurologist stated "and these fits can lead to a number of conditions from paralysis to chronic depression"

Bartley summoned a Wiccan pentacle on the ground and teleported directly where Joshua was running to as he was feeling small things roll around in his wingtips restricting most of his running. 

(What? Whose wingtips? And Joshua isn't running? Did you mean Aura?)

(Apologies & also Bartley's suit wouldn't be complete with out the proper shoes)

Bartley was now in front of Joshua

"It might carry corrupt power, causing your buddies to put you into a fit of submission" the mage said before the neurologist stated "and these fits can lead to a number of conditions from paralysis to chronic depression"

"So, what I'm hearing is that just by becoming more aware of what magic is, I am opening myself to the possibility of working magic, which as you've stated multiple times, could have undesired effects, like seizures, depression, and an inability to ever walk again." Darnall intoned bleakly as a contemplative look graced his face. "So, the best possible way for me to recover is to be a magic free as possible? That's gonna be kinda hard when some things just happen on their own, with or without my initiative." To demonstrate, he waved his left hand towards his Robert Frost book on a table across the room. It opened to his last read page, and jumped into his hand smoothly.

(Apologies & also Bartley's suit wouldn't be complete with out the proper shoes)

Bartley was now in front of Joshua

Joshua growled and readied his knife. "What were you doing with the human, you scumbag?" Joshua demanded, itching to hurt this skeleton.

The mage than conjured a hardcover book (and not an ancient book neither) with the cover depicting a young woman with a Wiccan pentagram on the door of a microwave with the title reading "Contemporary witchcraft in the modern age" the mage put it on Darnall's bed seeing how Darnell's lack of magical understanding was to his psychological detriment.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Human? She's part Angel! The boss took her in and I plan on having her be my henchman!" Bartley angrily said.

"Human? She's part Angel! The boss took her in and I plan on having her be my henchman!" Bartley angrily said.

Joshua paused. He just saved a supernatural? "Doesn't matter." He growled, though to him it really did. "You're a criminal and I won't have you converting young girls into criminals as well."

The mage than conjured a hardcover book (and not an ancient book neither) with the cover depicting a young woman with a Wiccan pentagram on the door of a microwave with the title reading "Contemporary witchcraft in the modern age" the mage put it on Darnall's bed seeing how Darnell's lack of magical understanding was to his ultimate detriment.

"Thank you very much. I promise that I won't be casting any spells until I get the green light, at least not intentionally." He was genuinely excited as the Frost book returned to the table and was replaced with the witchcraft book. "Since things like randomly moving objects happen on their own, does that mean that they won't lead to seizures if I can't control them?" He bit his lip slightly in contemplation as he asked the neurologist and mage.

The neuorogist said "only if you move large objects like the chair or the tv will you be at risk of saizures, those books your still fine." The book has chapters on brewing potioions with a microwave, how to use a TV as a Chrystal ball, even an enchanted trick to give you faster internet. Oh there's also chapters going into different types of witches and their magic.

"She was already a criminal, how many street children carry a pistol, the big boss told me about her troubled past!" Bartley exclaimed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back