• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Farmhouse Dream { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews and Carlos Price
Former Firefly, Aspiring Artist | 21, 25 | Current location ;; Oregon

There was a large part of Carlos that felt like it was okay to go galavanting off on his own. However, that large portion was being squashed down by the part that remembered how many close calls he had in that single building alone before they were run out of that town by the many, many infected. He did not go too far ahead,and as soon as he hit the streets of the town, and slowed. He loved the towns that were covered in vegetation. Maybe not all of it was like that, but many of them were. He liked to walked the streets that were more grass and nature than whatever it was that roads used to be. The degradation and revival of life was fascinating. He twirled around and waved at Kaleb before slipping towards a building. He did not go in until Kaleb was closer. Nate, who never did let go of Alex’s hand, squeezed it with a smile. “I would love to join you.”

Alexander Brennan and Kaleb Price
Former Seraphite, Former FEDRA officer | 19, 27 | Current location ;; Oregon

Kaleb entered the town and made his way to the building Carlos was slipping towards. He followed him in, smiling as he moved and looked around. He didn’t see anything, until he pushed open the bathroom door and stumbled backwards as a runner came screeching out after him. Kaleb all but ran backwards until he tripped over his feet. He searched for a melee weapon, not having one before.

Alex smiled at the squeeze to his hand from Nate and made his way in. It was a simple store building. A few rags and a bottle but nothing much in the front. “Back room?”
Alex suggested quietly, looking at Nate.

This building was looking a little sparse for Carlos’ liking. There were a lot of things that he would have loved to have found, but they were not going to be in this room. He moved around the building when he heard the screech. He whipped around and ran towards it. Oh absolutely not. He rammed the runner with full force back into the bathroom and slammed it up against the wall. He shoved his arm around its neck, pulled it against him, and very slowly worked until pop! and the runner fell. He bent down and grabbed what appeared to be a letter opener from him. “Aww, baby he had a present for us.” He slipped that into his pack and moved to Kaleb. “Are you okay, love?” he asked as he helped him up.

More rags were always good, especially with how much they liked to do things that got themselves hurt. He was shocked that he had not had to do more than he had in the past couple of days. He nodded towards the back room and stepped that way. He paused at the door to listen first before slowly opening it and stepping inside.

Last edited:

Kaleb looked up as Carlos rammed into the runner full force, back into the bathroom. He heard the slam into the wall and then eventually the pop. Kaleb had managed to calm his breathing by the time Carlos walked out. “Oh how kind of him to have a present for us.” Kaleb commented as he took help up to his feet. “I’m fine love.” Kaleb told him, kissing his cheek. “My savior.” He added as he turned away from the bathroom. He didn’t want to check that area now. Kaleb stumbled as he went to walk. “Ow.. what?” He asked confused, and ran a hand down the leg that hurt, it was the same one that had been injured two years ago, and ah, yep. “I twisted it. Must’ve sprained the muscles. I might need my support.” Kaleb said, looking at Carlos.

Alex walked with Nate and waited while he listened to the door. He didn’t hear anything either and then they entered the back room. Alex grabbed Nate’s hand, pulled slightly to catch his attention and pointed. Over in the far corner was a runner, hunched over and silent. Alex moved over towards him, grabbing him from behind and slit their throat, dropping them. He looked around and didn’t see anything else. “Clear.” He said, moving to search.

“I know,” Carlos grinned as he disappeared into the bathroom to check it out. With any luck, he would find one of those miracle pills that Nate gave him before. Those were very helpful. He made it a whole couple of steps when he heard Kaleb. Concerned, he turned around again, and made the same steps back to support him even before Kaleb said anything. “My dearest, sweetest love, did you manage to hurt yourself in the same spot? Why do I let you move on your own? I should carry you everywhere. Hand you a gun or maybe one of those fancy crossbows and that’s where you stay.” He shook his head but smiled. “Alright, where to next? I am your additional legs.”

Nate paused when Alex grabbed his attention. He hated when the runners were huddled in corners. He hated how he did not hear them. He watched carefully and nodded as the runner dropped. He took moved to search. This room had slightly more but not too much. It was enough to make his first aid selection a little nicer.

Kaleb’s face turned red from embarrassment. “I did. I didn’t do it on purpose. And yes, carry me everywhere and I’ll keep the infected away from you.” Kaleb told him, putting his arm around Carlos’ shoulders for the support. “Well, I think this place is pretty picked over, shall we continue to the next building?” Kaleb suggested.

Alex looked around after he got rid of the runner but not much else was there. “Next building?” Alex suggested as he turned to Nate, ready to head out of this one and onto the next one.

“Don’t tempt me,” Carlos teased. “You know that I will gladly keep you nice and hidden away from the mean world.” He walked forward with Kaleb, easily sliding into the role of support. It was, after all, is favorite role. Perhaps not this exact one where he was helping Kaleb move around, but the one where he was Kaleb’s support however that was meant to be. “Next building,” he agreed. “Maybe we can find one a little less exciting.” He stepped into the street and headed to the next one.

Nate nodded. “Sounds good.” He stepped back through the small store and out into the street. He clocked Carlos and Kaleb and narrowed his eyes. Either they were being particularly clingy, which did happen, or.. nope, Kaleb was hurt. He nudged Alex. “Try not to end up like him?”

Kaleb chuckled as he heard that. “I know you will.” Kaleb told him as they walked forward towards the exit. “That would be nice. A quiet building with no infected and lots of supplies.” Kaleb agreed as they came out onto the street and he noticed Alex and Nate across the street. His face was red still with embarrassment.

Alex walked back onto the street with Nate as he looked over at the other two. “Well I don’t plan on being injured, but shouldn’t you, as the medic, check on him?” Alex asked, looking at Nate then over at Kaleb. It would be nice if they stopped getting hurt so often.

“Oh, I sure would like to,” Nate answered Alex as he looked across the way at them. “But I think the big guy might kill me if I tried to take him away. Besides, I can see how he’s walking from here. Sprained ankle?” He asked as they neared. There did not appear to be any infected out right now, and if there were, he was not too worried about them. From afar, Carlos nodded. “Or twisted or something.” That was what Nate thought. There wasn’t much he could do for that while they were moving. “In a perfect world, we ice it and raise it, but we’ve never lived in a perfect world. Don’t do anything stupid, y’hear?” Then he pointed to the next building beside them. “Shall we?” He asked Alex at the same time that Carlos, knowing that if Medicine Man wasn’t stressing that he didn’t need to either, led Kaleb to the next of their buildings.

Alex frowned as he heard that, but he nodded in understanding. He noticed Kaleb wasn’t putting a lot of weight on his leg, absolutely limping and favoring it. “Yeah, this leg never quite healed perfectly. The joys of our imperfect world.” Kaleb agreed as he was turned and led to another building. “Alright. Let’s go to the next building.” Alex agreed as he walked with Nate to the next one. This one was a single story as well, looked to be a bit bigger though. Alex paused at the door and looked around, but he didn’t see anything. He took one step in and looked closer around. “Clear.” Alex said.

There was very little that Nate could do about fixing Kaleb’s leg. Something clearly did not heal right in there, and in another life, he could have had a corrective surgery that would then take physical therapy and time to work back into normalcy. Honestly, if Nate could sit down with it and really look at it, it would be possible that he could figure out what was wrong and then they could work it back into at least a better place with their own version of physical therapy. It was possible. That was not his area of expertise, but he thought it could be. He was pretty good with the massages and tension. It could happen. But until then, Nate was definitely focused on the next building that Alex just told him was clear. He slipped in and started searching for supplies.

“Don’t worry, my love. It’s not so bad. You always heal so fast.” Then Carlos and Kaleb were at the next building where they stepped through the front door that was already broken open. It was not a terribly chaotic building. It had the broken glass and the places where the earth was peeking through. It almost felt like a normal place. “Do you want to walk with me or do you want me to search and you wait?” He was always okay with either option.

Alex looked at Nate as they entered the building. Immediately Alex went to the left, checking the shelving and the registers that were slowly being covered by nature. Inside them was currency that didn’t mean anything in their world now. Left behind and alone by a world changed forever. Alex searched and moved further back, before his eyes widened a little. A notepad, bigger than the journal Carlos had, and some pencils of different colors. He grabbed those and tucked them away. Perhaps he could learn how to draw now. Not much else was found and he turned to look at Nate. “To the back rooms here?”

Kaleb had worked hard once he’d healed to walk normally. And he did, unless he was really tired, then he sometimes slipped into a little limp. He bit his lip as he nodded. “I know that, doesn’t mean I like this.” He said as they entered the building. “You search, I’ll rest on this sturdy nature covered door frame.”

Nate moved to the right, though his eyes and ears were frequently pulled towards the left to make sure Alex was okay. He trusted him completely, but that did not mean that he was comfortable being apart for long. He found a role of tape, a couple of bottles someone might be able to use, and a whole lot of nothing much else. As he met Alex in the middle once more, he nodded. “To the back.”

Carlos stopped at the doorway to let Kaleb find a comfortable position to rest on. He leaned in for what he meant to be a quick kiss but he was obstructed by himself, so instead, as his hand slipped around Kaleb’s cheek, the kiss may or may not have lasted a lingering second or two or three. “I will be right back. Don’t run off without me” He grinned and disappeared into the building. Thankfully, it also was not very big. None of these buildings were terribly large. This was a smaller place, which was great since they were all collectively over cities. He moved quickly through, checking anywhere that might have something of use. He found a couple of empty canisters, which was exactly what he wanted, and some tape. That was fine and dandy, but he really needed more explosives. He used up all of the ones that he had. He used up others’ too. He was in dire need. He also needed a melee weapon. None of this was good enough for him though, so he headed back to the front and offered up his arm. “I have returned moderately more supplied than before. Shall we move on? Maybe skip the next building since it has more than one story? Unless you want me to carry you?” He winked.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back