• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Day The World Changed { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Hayden Gaines
Citizen of Seattle, WA | 24 | Current location ;; Washington State

Hayden could not help but laugh at the thought and memory. He was prepared to start thinking about literally anything else when something horrifying occurred to him. “She’s going to tell everyone at our wedding, isn’t she? She’s going to pretend like she’s made some wholesome and cute speech and then tell everyone. That would be so like her.” If Josh thought he was embarrassed, it was nothing to how Hayden felt. He was only just now becoming comfortable enough to do small and innocent things in public. Way back then, having his sister of all people know things was way too much for him to handle. He hid from her for weeks after that. “We can’t let her speak. We could gag her maybe?”

Joshua Smith
Citizen of Seattle WA | 24 | Current location ;; Washington State

As Josh flipped the pancakes, he looked back at Hayden. He remembered when his partner's sister had known those things and how Hayden had hid from her. It wasn't funny back then, but it was a little funny now. "We are not gagging your sister. I can ask Jacob to watch her and cut her off she starts going in that direction." Josh suggested as he waited for the pancakes to finish cooking so he could start the second set.

Hayden Gaines

“Like a guard dog? Do you think she would listen to Jacob if we use him against her?” He frowned then lit up at another thought. “Okay okay, so maybe not gagging but what if we give her some sort of tea or something that makes it hard to talk? That’s not so bad right?” Of course, he would never do any of that, but it was fun to think about. He slipped from the stool and slid behind Josh, wrapping his arms around his waist as Josh cooked. “Or we could blackmail her into silence.”

Joshua Smith

Josh nodded though he wasn't super sure it would work. He saw the frown on Hayden's face before it lit up again. "You are just finding the most ridiculous ideas to stop her from speaking." He said with a chuckle as he turned to the griddle. He felt arms wrap around his waist and Josh smiled, glancing behind him. "Blackmail her? And what would you even think to use for blackmail for her?" He asked.

Hayden Gaines

Hayden had not gotten far enough in his blackmail plan to have an answer to that question. “Um… I don’t know. But I am sure she’s done some weird stuff. Or illegal things! Or probably just embarrassing. We can send the twins like spies to figure out something and report back to us.” He laughed. The smell of pancakes was overtaking the apartment, and he was all for it.

Last edited:
Joshua Smith

Josh rolled his eyes and chuckled at that. "Haven't we all done some weird or illegal stuff? I doubt she'd let that rule if she kept quiet. Though the twins would be down for spying on her." Josh added as he pulled the first round of pancakes off the griddle and then started the next round of pancakes. He grabbed two plates and set them on the table along with the first round of pancakes.

Hayden Gaines

Hayden leaned in close, head resting on Josh’s shoulder. “You mean like… exploring?” He slid his arms slowly around Josh’s waist before stepping back and taking his spot at the table to fully his plate of pancakes. “But okay, sure you’re right. That would never work.” He slathered butter on the pancakes as he talked. “But I still think we could have them work as our spies for fun.”

Joshua Smith

Josh looked at Hayden, feeling his head on his shoulder and chuckled. "Yeah.. like exploring." He said, feeling the arms around his waist before Hayden stepped back. "It would be fun to have them work as our spies, and they'd do it for free too." He said with a chuckle as he pulled off the second and last round of pancakes. Walking over to the table, he sat down at his seat and filled his plate with a few pancakes, and started putting butter on them. "I can imagine the two of them, almost doing like a James Bond style spying." Josh commented before he took a bite of breakfast, a smile on his face.

Hayden Gaines

Hayden shoveled some pancakes into his face as he attempted to come up with actual words and not just the goofy nonsense that he was saying, but as he swallowed, he realized that there was no way to discuss Josh’s brothers the spies without sounding silly. “The two of them in suits and flirting with all the beautiful ladies? ‘We’re Smith. Jacob and Logan Smith.’ I mean, honestly, that doesn’t sound too far off.”

Joshua Smith

Joshua had taken a few bites and then looked over at Hayden and snorted a laugh. "I can see Jacob being that way, while Logan just kind of waves and acts like the shy guy he is." He said, taking another couple bites. "Maybe we should have them act that out after the wedding, when they're still in suits." Josh suggested, looking over at Hayden with a smile. "Would be quite a sight."

Hayden Gaines

The image of the twins being suit-bound spies was just too funny not to laugh at. Hayden ate another few bites, prepared to say something, when he heard his phone ringing. Wait, where did he put it last night? He was so tired. He stood up and wandered into the living room. Was it when they collapsed? Oh, he threw it. That’s right. He moved to the couch and nodded. There it was. Kyra. Of course. He did ignore her for the whole rest of the evening yesterday. He walked back over to the table and showed the screen. He swiped to answer and immediately put her on speaker. Before he could say anything, she was already talking. “Hayden Gaines, do you know how much trouble you are in right now? Don’t give me this ‘I’m an adult now,’ nonsense, because you can’t do that to me and then say you’re a big boy. Are you going to tell me what’s happening? And you, Mr. Bad Influence - I know you're with him. What exactly are the two of you up to?” Hayden pressed a hand over his mouth to stifle the laugh.

Joshua Smith

Josh took some more bites of his breakfast before he heard Hayden's phot go off. He watched as his partner stood and looked for it. He heard Hayden's sister the moment he answered the phone and put it on speaker. Joshua, ever the one to keep his cool, swallowed the laughter when he heard Kyra. "Good morning to you too sunshine. And I don't know what you are talking about, we aren't up to anything." He said, voice cool and collected as he looked over at Hayden, hand over his mouth. "We're just enjoying a wonderful breakfast and can't wait to see you and the rest of the family."

Hayden Gaines

“Oh, likely story coming from you. What about you, Silent Boy? Have anything to say for yourself.” Hayden, who was still trying to hide the laughter that came from being called out by his older sister. “Really,” he began, the shrillness of impending chuckles threatening to burst through. He shoved them back down so that he could sound like a normal person who was certainly not up to anything. “We are having breakfast. Pancakes, in fact. Nice, homemade pancakes that my beautiful fi-“ He clamped a hand over his mouth and rolled his body down so that he just about crashed into the table and instead reeled himself back. “-riend,” he completed lamely but continued anyway, “made for us.” “Now I know you’re lying to me. When exactly are we having this get together? And are you going to tell me before or do I have to beat it out of the two of you?”

Joshua Smith

Josh kept himself composed, even as he listened to Hayden trying to keep himself sounding normal and not laughing like Josh could sense he wanted to. "Relax. Come over in two hours or so, gives us a chance to eat and get decent" Josh let his voice get low as he said the last word. "And it's a surprise, so don't think we'll give in with that little sentence." Josh said, glancing over at Hayden with the biggest grin in the world.

Hayden Gaines

The audible sound of Kyra gagging dramatically was almost too much for him. “Hayden! I swear to god, if you have some nutty thing like you’re adopting a baby or have drafted into the army, I am going to-“ “Jesus, Kyra!” Hayden couldn’t contain himself anymore. “Would you please take a breath. It’s gonna be great. We’re not adopting a baby.” He took Josh’s hand and decided that he would play along with what Josh started. “But mm, if you want us to be ready for this get together, Josh, honey, you’re going to have to put real clothes on.” The sound Kyra made was undeniably her reacting even worse. “Okay, that’s all you get. Bring the fam in like two hours, we’re adopting twins, I love you bye!” He hung up the phone as she was screaming. He pursed his lips before bursting in laughter in laughter.

Joshua Smith

Josh heard Kyra gagging dramatically through the phone and held his tongue. He listened to the two and even made a sigh of exasperation at the putting real clothes on comment, as if he didn't like the idea. And once the phone was hung up, Josh lost it too. He laughed hard, a smile on his face as he looked over at Hayden. "That was excellent love. I can't even imagine what she's thinking right now." He said with a chuckle, hand on his side as he tried to breathe from his laughing episode.

Hayden Gaines

When Hayden could breathe again, he stood up and walked around so that he could slide his arms around Josh and pull him into a tight hug from behind. “Oh god, I can’t believe I almost told her. Ugh, wow, i would have been so sad if I ruined the surprise like that.” He kissed Josh’s shoulder before resting his chin on it. “Okay, honey, I guess it’s time we go become decent then even if you want to stay in whatever outfit she thinks you have on.”

Joshua Smith

Josh felt the hug from behind, arms around him and he shook his head as he laughed. "I can't believe you almost did too. You saved it though, even if it was close." He said with a laugh, feeling the kiss to his shoulder before his chin was rested on Josh's shoulder. "I guess so.." He said with a chuckle. "I'll get this mess cleaned up and then get dressed." He said with a smile.

Hayden Gaines

Hayden rubbed a hand across Josh’s back. “Yep, and I’m thinking it’s a flannel kind of day, you know? Flannels and jeans are the way to go.” He tore away from Josh and moved back into the room to grab an average gray shirt to throw his red and gray planned over. Some nicer ish jeans to go with it. Yeah, not bad. He scooted into the bathroom for some teeth brushing and more. Once he finished, he plopped himself back on the couch with his phone to catch up with the many messages from the family. It was very many.

Joshua Smith

Josh smiled at the hand rubbed across his back, he loved that. "Mm. I agree. Flannel and jeans." Josh replied, getting up from the table and headed into their room. He slipped on a blue shirt and his blue and black flannel and a nice dark blue pair of jeans. He left the room, entered the bathroom and brushed his teeth and fixed his hair. Josh entered the living room and sat down next to Hayden, throwing his arm over his shoulder and relaxed back against the couch. He pulled out his phone and checked his own messages, of which he had several from his brothers and his mom.

Hayden Gaines

The moment Josh sat beside him, Hayden leaned against him until it was really more of a cuddle than anything else. He plopped his phone down as he scrolled through the messages. He had far too many from Kyra and a couple from both his mom and his dad. “They are confused for sure.” To all of them, he responded ‘Be here in another hour and we’ll talk.’ Because he loved to be a pain apparently. His sister immediately sent back ‘I’m taking Josh’s side in the divorce.’ Hayden laughed and showed Josh. “Look, she’s planning ahead.”

Joshua Smith

Josh wrapped his arm more around Hayden when he leaned into his side. He set his phone on the couch beside him as he leaned against the back of the couch. This was nice. His gaze flicked to the side when he heard Hayden and saw the message. “I definitely don’t plan on that for our future.” Josh said with a laugh, a smile on his face. “Though I’m glad she has my side not yours.”

Hayden Gaines

“I don’t know what’s worse. The fact that she thinks we will get a divorce or the fact that she’s guessed that we’re getting married.” Though, honestly, guessing that was probably not hard. If they already had bets going on around them, he was sure that it was not a far leap for them to assume that this really was what was going on. He chuckled and lightly smacked Josh’s arm. “I can’t believe you managed to win over my own sister. That is just horrible. What did I ever do to deserve this?”

Joshua Smith

Josh smiled as he laughed, shaking his head. “I think the fact that she thinks we might get a divorce is worse. Because I’m never leaving you.” Josh told him, and then he looked at Hayden when he smacked his arm. “Hey! It’s not my fault she likes me better. But at least you have me.” Joshua told him, and it was true. He wasn’t going anywhere, and he was planning on relaxing right beside Hayden for the next hour.

Hayden Gaines

Hayden rolled his eyes and fell into Josh. “I guess I’m lucky that I have someone who will stay with me forever. Even if you’ve stolen my sister from me.” He chuckled to himself, sliding an arm around Josh’s waist as he leaned against him. He closed his eyes and he found a comfy place to rest his head as he laid there waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back