• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Coming down from the bathroom she heard Levi's last statement.

"Took you long enough to notice. You think someone else lives here? What if it's a trap?"

She took a seat on chair which she positioned the opposite direction. The shower was so refreshing and warm. Her hair had grown a little and she didn't manage to cut it so far so Tina would just tie it in a ponytail when things became interesting. After Tina got out of the shower she looked for some warmer clothes upstairs in the closet. To her surprise the place wasn't picked clean. She replaced her shorts with normal jeans and her sleeved shirt with an actual sweater. Other than that she took back her long socks,hoodie and beanie. She also tried to scrape off some dried blood from the sleeved shirt and put it on along with the sweater and hoodie. She wasn't mad at Nick anymore and her mood swinged back to a happier one. The shower sure raised her morale.

@TheHarlequinnCat

(Sorry i was sleeping :] )

Sputnik opened the cargo that the helicopter had. "So lets see what there is.....asthma medication.....vivance.....siraquil.......painkillers.....Twinkies.....ham........{The list goes on and on}.........ammunition........rifles........handguns........gas mask and filters........."

(@DrTrollinski )

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric ran up through the building with Hunter and Tom at his side, completely bypassing Alex and his teacher. He didn't even notice her, actually - he was more focused on getting to the roof. Once he was up there he ignored what Tom said and just busted out of the door, his gun aimed at the man in uniform - he was pointing it right at his back. "Stop right there!" He yelled. (@Vyork Ashfin)

--

"Mhm..." He continued driving onwards. It might have been a fifteen minute drive, if that. "Remember, there's probably going to be someone still alive over there, so you wait in the car and I'll check the place out, alright? The fuckers will shoot the dog and they'll shoot you after. Or they'll shoot you first depending on whether or not they like Asians." He said, shrugging. "It's fine..." He pulled out a .357 Revolver with his free hand and waved it around. "This'll blow a whole in 'em before they can even see it coming." He tucked it away again and then sighed, looking around for a moment. "What sort of shit did you get up to aside from school before all of this happened?" He asked. (@Korean Ghoul)

The hot water had brought everyone back to a level where each other were bearable, and it was amazing how easy it was to cooperate with one another now. A part of Nick was excited, just because he could picture meeting West; just as it'd ran through his head a million times before. He'd see him, and only him, and West wouldn't have to hear what he said before he brought him into his strong arms. He'd be home, and that would be all that mattered; West would've been able to find Nick's mom, and she'd be there too maybe. Because they'd be in a utopia, and all their hardships would end. If he ever saw West again, he wouldn't care what other people thought about the fact he was so blatantly in love. He'd see him in all the old familiar places, at morning in the kitchen, humming his stupid songs while he toyed with the guitar, and even in his embrace. Something snapped him back, and he was forced to come back to the reality of what would happen. Levi nodded, "It's not likely that somewhere with these accommodations would have no people fighting over it, even if they were sharing it; they'd still exist. All I see are walkers and empty buildings." He took off his glasses, rubbing them with his clean shirt, and revealing his strong-featured face without them. Of course, the faces were blurry without them, so he was grateful they hadn't broken yet. "I think we just need to check this place out, without anyone seeing us. I can go alone if-"

Nick cut him off with "I'll go. I can change into some clothes that blend better."

@DryPunishment

---

Delaney nodded, she understood what he was saying; she'd been there too. "I was so in love... But he was in love with the idea of me, not me as I was.." She shrugged, "I got married out of high school, and that was what I thought I wanted with my life." She had a small smile back, something long forgotten stirring in her bones. She wondered if he felt the same, because she had lost that love so long ago; it was almost like she had forgotten when Mason wasn't her antagonist and was just that overprotective highschool jock. But she had loved him with her entire being, and up until their fourth year of marriage; he was so perfectly sweet. It wasn't until they couldn't conceive whatsoever, and he blamed it on her. From there, things went to shit and fast.

---

Mabel nodded, her blonde waves bouncing, she was surprisingly well-groomed despite the circumstances. The fact she still wore nice clothes was almost more surprising, but she looked good; and she usually kept herself to a certain level of presentation. Once Alex led her to meet her little brother, she was awestruck; he didn't look quite like either of his brothers, but she could see the vague resemblance to his parents. "Hi," She greeted, a warm smile coming to her face as she watched the adorable boy come near her.

(my last one was kinda poopy sorry ^^")

Carl looked up and away from Skyler and then looked at the woman that had walked in with his older brother. Carl had tears in his eyes, and Alex quickly pulled him over to him and crouched in front of him. ".. What's wrong, buddy...?" Alex asked, Carl hugged him and sighed.

".. There was a scary man on the roof..." He whispered, Alex froze and thought for a moment, but soon shook his head when he realized that Carl was fine and it may have just been a trick of the snow, or something. Or maybe a bad daydream occurrence.

"Hey... At least he's gone now - This is my teacher, Carl... She wanted to meet you." He smiled at him. Carl looked up at her and gave a faint and soft smirk, his eyes going glazed in shyness.

".. Hi..." He said, giving a half wave with one hand.

---

".. Yeah... I thought I was in love too, way back ten years ago I thought I was. I found my soulmate. It's just... There was obviously something that ensured that she didn't..." His voice fell weak and started shaking a little. He liked being in Delaney's company, and when he thought back to his wife it wasn't all that painful now that he had her with him. He felt like just letting it all out, but he felt unable to at the same time. (@TheHarlequinnCat)

"Wait a second...are you guys talking about going to Wellington? Shouldn't we all go and see?"

She noticed Levi took off his glasses.

My my...he doesn't look that bad.

As soon as he put his glasses back up she stopped staring. One would assume after a month of being stuck with these guys at least one would try to make a move on her, but it seems one plays for the other team and the other's reasons are hard to decypher. Maybe a broken heart that doesn't want to suffer again. He'd been so closed in himself the whole time. You'đ also think she would notice how cute this Levi guy was before,but she assumed he was average/

@TheHarlequinnCat

"Whoa...... please put the gun down!" Sputnik slowly reached for his side and pulled a gun out......only to put it down on the ground. "See i am non hostile." sputnik reached for the crate and pulled out ham. "Are you hungry?'

(@DrTrollinski )

Last edited by a moderator:
Levi didn't notice her stare at him, he could hardly recognize more than blurred spaces; no outlines, just vague lines to indicate they were people. Losing his glasses would be very dangerous, more for the people around him than himself. He could still work with relative coordination, but he couldn't tell what he was killing; whether it was undead or living, it would just die. It seemed since his fiancee, that even the slightest connection he could possibly want with a human had disappeared; much less a romantic one. Then there was Nick, who still cried every night over his own lover; and pursued him relentlessly, that it'd gotten them all here. Levi tagged along because on the slim chance it was real, he could maybe find a way to call his sister and connect with her. He was sure she was all over the place, probably more settled in than he was; her fiance would probably have been the brute strength, while she was the brains. Hell, they were both so smart and able-bodied that it was hard to believe either of them would excel in one thing. That man was smarter than he was, he was in the medical profession; studying both the curing of diseases and the treatment of people, so he had achieved so much in a little amount of time.

Instead of saying they'd slow him down, which he was sure they would, he simply said "Get changed into dark clothes you can move in... We wait till night and then we're going to take the trail down to the camp, I spotted a large building a ways down- So, that's our best bet. The maps all indicated we go there. Instead of getting too close, we're going to cut through the woods and look through one of the back fences." Levi warned, his eyes falling more on Nick than anyone else. "We might have to split up, so travel as lightly, quietly, and efficiently as possible." This almost implied immediately that Levi wouldn't hesitate to drop them, his calculating eyes now going to Tina. He knew their weaknesses, and addressed them indirectly; his monotone voice warning with the slightest edge to it. He predicted their faults, and hoped they'd avoid them.

@DryPunishment

---

Mabel cheerfully smiled, waving back and crouching to be at his level. "Hi, honey, don't worry about any scary people- We'll keep you safe no matter what." She seemed to have a way with people, able to use such a soft tone despite how loud she could be in class. And she was so friendly, her extroversion definitely showing; as she held nothing back, her body language and voice inviting to the young boy.

@DrTrollinski

--

Delaney nodded, waiting for him to tell her more. "It's okay, Brad." She reassured, giving him the 'okay' for whatever he chose to do.

"You still didn't answer my question. Where are we going? In case you were wondering I didn't hear anything prior to the 'This place doesn't feel right'."

She looked inside the house more,her leg beginning to rapidly shake up and down as she was getting a little bored. Random thoughts stormed through her mind. 
@TheHarlequinnCat

He instantly felt more comfortable with her, knowing that she was a kind-hearted and caring woman. Carl gave a soft smile to her and gently rotated his foot back and forth on the ground. ".. So... You were Alex's teacher at school...?" He asked her, grinning. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

Sputnik smiled and shrugged. "Well lets see.... i have lots of medication........ plenty of food.......... allot of ammunition......some children toys.....{Sputnik just keeps talking and is getting annoying} Sputnik pulls out a bottle of sleeping medication and tosses it at Eric. "Here you can have this if you like.... i have to hand all this out."

( @DrTrollinski )

".. Wait, wait..." He lets the pills fall to the ground. ".. Who are you? Why--.. Why are you doing this?! Civilization's fallen. You must be one of the only remaining soldiers still alive and doing their job - everyone else has family. Why are you carrying all this on? What do you gain from it?!" He asked, raising the gun up again as he was beginning to get a little bit suspicious. (@Vyork Ashfin)

Levi looked to her, clearly unimpressed, "If you were listening, you'd know we were trying to find Wellington. Tonight." He looked to Nick, who was still a bit damp from his shower; Levi, on the other hand, had let his hair dry to be straight and manageable. Nick's was actually waving as it dried. He couldn't help but notice these foolish things, and when he looked to Tina he saw she put up a small ponytail when she deemed it necessary. With that, he stood and went to get himself another cup of tea; watching as Nick left the room. By the time the young man came back into the room, he looked ready to go; no longer in his comfy white shirt, but instead, near black cargo pants,and longsleeved shirt with warm dark blue plaid over it. He dressed for lightness and warmth, not quite as ideally as Levi; but still as efficiently as he could've. They waited..

(@DryPunishment- @DrTrollinski, when will it be night? NOTE: I'm prob going to be out tonight, so I might not get a reply till I'm home)

--

Delaney shook her head, "There's a lot of things neither of us told each other..." She looked away "My husband hurt me because we couldn't have children... He didn't want to adopt. I'm pregnant with another man's child." Unlike what even she expected, her eyes went hard and her tone mean. "Just in spite of that shithead, and when he found out he was about ready to shoot me. So I left... And I found you." She looked to him, hoping she wouldn't judge her too harshly; she did what his wife had done, basically. Her eyes suddenly reverted to their nervous puppyish appearance; waiting for his reaction.

-

Mabel nodded vigorously, "I taught health at the school. I used to teach biology, but it wasn't as fun as health." She laughed quietly, noticing that his brows furrowed a bit. "I also do piano and singing classes outside of school." She offered, trying to impress him. She didn't see Alex's expression, to see if he even knew what else she did outside of their school.

"Well i am not the only remaining soldier... there are multiple bunkers.... how do you think i have a helicopter." Sputnik laughed and smiled. "The government never left, and what i gain from this is saving some child or even an entire family.

( @DrTrollinski )

"Oh! My brother Eric sings and plays guitar!" Carl said excitedly. "He's really good. I always wanted to learn to play piano so we could make music together, but... mommy and daddy never had time to get me to lessons..." He said, sighing a little. ".. It's cool that you teach all that stuff, though." He added, smiling at her.

--

"I can't stand men like that, Delaney... What you did was understandable, but me and my wife had two beautiful and intelligent children, and she threw it away." He harshly squinted his eyes and inched his face a little closer to her own, his voice quite quiet. ".. Before I met you, I was with a group that I... I suppose I was like a mercenary. I was nothing to them, and sooner or later I knew I'd be thrown out... I was... I was happy to meet you, Delaney... I had somethin' to fight for. Somethin' to just... respect life about. It... I don't think you see it, but... You mean a lot to me, honestly..." He muttered, a half-smile stretching onto his face once he was done speaking. He acted differently all of a sudden, after getting it all off of his chest he seemed to almost break out of whatever shell he was in and just open up. The trust level between the two seemed to have just taken a massive boost. (@TheHarlequinnCat)

---

(Be careful, the whole 'government is living' sort of thing is going to play a big part, so you just wait and see ;) Remember that major plot points are controlled by myself, seeing as the major story-side of things can't be edited by too many people, and I have plans :) - If you have any ideas, though, do feel free to PM me.)

"I'm not saying you're the only remaining one, but think about what happened, buddy - Most soldiers left to be with family, trying to get them away from everything. A lot of military vehicles get stolen to try and do so, rations get taken, guns and ammo get burnt through like dry grass - I'm glad to see you're a Samaritan, but you're too faithful. You never know when things are going to go wrong, and I bet it's the government that's behind all of this bullshit anyway. Illuminati, and all that." Eric said, sighing. There was a harsh sound of metal being pretty much cut in to, and then there was the sound of something pouring out all over the floor. The helicopter's fuel tank had been cut in to by... something. The fuel within it was now pouring out onto the roof; the snow was beginning to get a bit more heavy once again. (@Vyork 
(@Vyork Ashfin)

(Sorry ill cut with the military @DrTrollinski )

"What the hell........No NO!" Sputnik fell to his knees and tried to cover the scratch on the fuel tank. "NO IT CANT........My wife and kids!" Sputnik burst into tears and grabbed at the helicopters radio to call for help. "Hello is anyone there...this is sputnik can someone help my fuels been cut....{Static from the radio}.....GOD DAMMIT!" Sputnik kicked the helicopter and then leaned on it and covered his head.

".. We're not alone here." Eric whispered as he slowly walked towards him. He kept the gun raised as his eyes slowly ran across the rooftop. The ventilation systems and over obstacles that covered the roof served as perfect hiding spots for whatever may have been. ".. What's your name...?" He asked sternly. (@Vyork Ashfin)

"My..name is sputnik..." He raises his head and looks at Eric only to slowly crouch and grab his gun. "I have never killed one up close." Sputnik whispered as he checked his clip. "I think its behind the helicopter." He points to a vent behind the tale of the helicopter. (@DrTrollinski )

Eric holds his own gun close and shakes his head. ".. Give me a name that isn't bullshit. I want real names." He demanded, the area falling silent as they fell completely still. ".. Whatever it is that's up here... It's alive." He said, slowly looking around again. ".. So... Before we run into this thing... Let's try again. I'm Eric, and you are...?" (@Vyork Ashfin)

".. Oh for fuck sakes, man. Drop your code of conduct and tell me your name. You think people are going to trust you when you ask 'em to address you by retarded shit like that? Hell, we shot a guy who was an aggressive son of a bitch, tried killing us, and then went on to demand help because he was from 'the military' - I hate to bust your bubble, but you striking men in uniform ain't so fuckin' perfect. Now, before we get our throats slit, just tell me YOUR DAMN NAME!" He peeked out from the helicopter and fired off a few silenced shots in the direction of where he believed the thing to be - It was out of sight. They couldn't see it anywhere. (@Vyork Ashfin)

"Fine my real name is Trent Voshtet but can we please deal with this thing first." Sputnik grabbed his gas mask and put it on then made sure it stuck to his face. "You know that your probably infected if you had contact....that's what i have heard at least."

(I added a real name check the character sheet..... @DrTrollinski )

Hunter snorts. "If we were infected we'd have cuts or fucking bites in us.. But we're not... My friend got infect because she sacrificed herself to kill that beast who had its sights on Eric and his kin, she killed herself before letting the infection get her..."

"Trust me, I've been face to face with one of those assholes and I never got infected. You men in uniform are too paranoid." He said, there was a shuffling at the other end of the roof, followed by a tomahawk-sized axe flying over and landing beside them. "Shit!" He yelled, diving to the side to get closer to Trent. "Okay... We need to do something here." He whispered. "Run out towards him, but run on the left side of the roof. Hunter... you run along the left side - if he doesn't show himself you can both get the drop on him, but the chances are that he will - when he jumps out, I'll get him. Sound good?" He asked. (@Soul OMU, @Vyork Ashfin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back