• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Carl didn't let go of Tom's hand. He clung onto it tightly, flinching with every clap of thunder that went off. He used one shaking hand to reach out and grab his lemonade and take a sip, and also used the same one to eat some of the delicious candy when he felt like it. He was still pretty distraught and occasionally let out a little sob. He looked up at Tom after a few minutes while his bottom lip trembled. ".. Daddy--.. Is--.. Is the thunder gonna' hurt us...?" He sobbed in question. (@Soul OMU, @DryPunishment)

"No, I wont let it." Tom smiled down at the small boy, "Okay? I'll protect you from anything and everything." He rustled Carl's hair, then set his arm around the small boy and sighed. "And I wouldn't break my promise to you, would I big guy?" Tom looked down and smiled again

Hunter looks up at him. "Yeah... I'm fine, why wouldn't I be?" She asked while walking in with him, shaking her hair out.

--

Jenna blinks as she looks at him. "..what if we don't stay..?" She said softly while looking down, in her thoughts.

--

Scarlet sighs softly and grips the railing near her, closes her eyes, lost in her own thoughts and memories, shaking hard.

(@DrTrollinski, @DrCompton)

"Nuh-uh... I know you won't break--.. break the promise 'cause--.. 'cause we're family, and--.. and family always help each other." He sniffled, leaning up against him and hugging him with one arm while the other reached out to swipe up some candy from the table. Poor thing. The thunder terrified him still, but he was a little calmer when he was told that the thunder won't hurt him, and if it tried, he'd have his big and strong adoptive father to jump in and stop it. (@DryPunishment)

--

".. I don't know, you're just a lot more quiet than usual." He smiled and gently kissed her lips as he began to lead her up the stairs to the second floor landing. (@Soul OMU)

--

Eric frowned. ".. Wha--.. What do you mean?" He asked quietly, completely blocking out Tom, Caitlyn, and Carl while he looked at her. What did she mean by that? Did she mean that she and her aunt were leaving, or did she mean something else? Either way, the statement scared him. (@Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski said:
"Nuh-uh... I know you won't break--.. break the promise 'cause--.. 'cause we're family, and--.. and family always help each other." He sniffled, leaning up against him and hugging him with one arm while the other reached out to swipe up some candy from the table. Poor thing. The thunder terrified him still, but he was a little calmer when he was told that the thunder won't hurt him, and if it tried, he'd have his big and strong adoptive father to jump in and stop it. (@DryPunishment)
--

".. I don't know, you're just a lot more quiet than usual." He smiled and gently kissed her lips as he began to lead her up the stairs to the second floor landing. (@Soul OMU)

--

Eric frowned. ".. Wha--.. What do you mean?" He asked quietly, completely blocking out Tom, Caitlyn, and Carl while he looked at her. What did she mean by that? Did she mean that she and her aunt were leaving, or did she mean something else? Either way, the statement scared him. (@Soul OMU)
Hunter kisses him back lightly as she follows him up the stairs, thinking deeply.

--

Jenna looks away, biting her lip. "Uh well... S-something might happen to me you know... Because the apocalypse is unpredictable like that... I just don't want you getting hurt if something happens to me."

".. Look..." He sighed, a little saddened. In his instinct he reached out and placed a hand down atop of her own. ".. I can assure you that things will be fine... There's a load of people here that won't let anything happen to any of us. If we're careful, we don't need to worry..." He sighed, he didn't really realized that he'd come into physical contact before, but when a girl that already meant so much to him was worried about something happening, he wasn't going to sit idly by and let her think on like that. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

Last edited by a moderator:
DrTrollinski said:
".. Look..." He sighed, a little saddened. In his instinct he reached out and placed a hand down atop of her own. ".. I can assure you that things will be fine... There's a load of people here that won't let anything happen to any of us. If we're careful, we don't need to worry..." He sighed, he didn't really realized that he'd come into physical contact before, but when a girl that already meant so much to him was worried about something happening, he wasn't going to sit idly by and let her think on like that. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)
(I think you may have missed that part. Idk :3)

--

"Eh, it's fine... We all have the right to worry at some points. I'm here for you regardless of how you're feeling... You know you can talk to me if you ever need to." He smiled softly at her and put an arm around her shoulders. (@Soul OMU)

He twisted her hand over so he could hold it properly. He gently squeezed it and ran his thumb over the top of her hand in an attempt to comfort her. ".. Then I'll be there instead." He said sternly, but his expression soon morphed into a gentle smile. (@Soul OMU)

--

"I noticed that you didn't eat much at that diner. Do you want something to eat now?" He asked her, placing his hand on her lower back while he walked along with her. (@Soul OMU)

DrTrollinski said:
He twisted her hand over so he could hold it properly. He gently squeezed it and ran his thumb over the top of her hand in an attempt to comfort her. ".. Then I'll be there instead." He said sternly, but his expression soon morphed into a gentle smile. (@Soul OMU)
--

"I noticed that you didn't eat much at that diner. Do you want something to eat now?" He asked her, placing his hand on her lower back while he walked along with her. (@Soul OMU)
Jenna looks up at him while holding his hand. "...I just don't want to loose you like Hunter lose Riley... She told me what happened..." She said and shook hard.

--

Hunter shook her head while walking with him. "I-im fine..." She said and yawned a bit.

"I'm too badass to die," He joked. "Don't worry, you're not going to lose any of us." He smiled at her and looked into her eyes again. He was hoping that he was able to put her mind at ease a little more - she was perfect just the way she was, and he didn't want to see her getting down about something. (@Soul OMU)

--

Alex lead her into the mattress store and walked over to his bed where he lied down on it with her, his arm wrapped around her. He rolled over to look at her and then took a sigh. ".. Why don't you stay here and nap for a while? That alcohol ain't out your body yet and you look a little worse for wear." He gave a gentle smile at her as he brushed some hair out of her face using his hand. (@Soul OMU)

Jenna wipes her tears slightly, looking away, "you probably think I'm such a wuss..." She said while looking down.

--

Hunter rests against him and closes her eyes. "Alright.. I'll stay here..." She said and yawned.

He was starting to get emotional as well but he held back the tears. If they both started crying in front of Tom and two young children, it'd be an absolute mess. He managed to force a shaky smile and then held her hand with his second one as well. ".. Not at all... You're just scared, and that's a natural emotion... I think we all are in one way or another, we just have different ways of showing it." He smiled and continued to caress her hand. ".. I'm scared of quite a lot of things, but I don't show fear as much as others do." He smiled at her and shrugged, his chocolate eyes glistening for a moment. (@Soul OMU)

--

Alex decided that he'd stay there with her. Many things played on his mind and it made him enthusiastic for the most part - a town where they could all live in houses - his plan was already set out. Find a nice little house with a few bedrooms, and at least one girly bedroom, and then move in their with Caitlyn and Hunter. The spare room or two that they have in the house could be for when they had visitors that wished to stay in the house for the night, like if Carl wanted to have a sleepover or something like that. It was a nice idea, and as Hunter began drifting off to sleep he slumped down beside her and kissed her forehead. He'd wait for her to drift off, and then he'd go and tell everyone else the news. (@Soul OMU) 

DrTrollinski said:
"Nuh-uh... I know you won't break--.. break the promise 'cause--.. 'cause we're family, and--.. and family always help each other." He sniffled, leaning up against him and hugging him with one arm while the other reached out to swipe up some candy from the table. Poor thing. The thunder terrified him still, but he was a little calmer when he was told that the thunder won't hurt him, and if it tried, he'd have his big and strong adoptive father to jump in and stop it. (@DrCompton)
(@DrCompton - This is for you so that it doesn't go too far back for you to find. You might want to check the last one or two pages, because I'm sure Tom will have some sort of funny look for how Eric's acting with Jenna. :D )

Nick heard her knocking on the bathroom door, which he assumed was empty; he came out of the bedroom, forgetting just how sore his body was and nearly collapsing. Holding the door for support, he leaned out and saw her; she looked dreadful. Her arm all skewered with thick threading, cut short and clean just below the elbow. His first reaction was to gag, but the second was to pity the fact she had to get clean somehow; and that wound looked painful. Unless she wrapped it in cling-wrap; but she probably needed to get it washed anyways. Nick, despite his aching frame, looked better geared for the apocalypse with his new and improved clothing. Because of Tina's size, she could probably fit into it too; her height was only an inch off from Nick's, and her hips were probably more narrow if not the same ratio as his. If not, Levi would probably scrub her clothes if they stayed another two days; he was such a neat freak, Nick hardly understood it.

"Damn." He breathed, eyes trailing back to the nub that was her hand. Her face was tear-streaked, her eyes bloodshot and red; he was painfully aware of what she had to have gone through. They'd be on the run soon, from Wellington's entire vicinity; but he couldn't help but shake this apprehension growing in his gut, something didn't feel right about this new situation. Just as they started to talk, Levi came up the stairs with various pieces that were all too familiar. "Not this shit again." Nick groaned, but Levi was persistent; raising an eyebrow and coldly commenting he could end up finding a proper brace if they went near a more populated area. Of course, Nick was willing to get the brace hooked up; but not before he talked with Tina.

@DryPunishment

DrTrollinski said:
He was starting to get emotional as well but he held back the tears. If they both started crying in front of Tom and two young children, it'd be an absolute mess. He managed to force a shaky smile and then held her hand with his second one as well. ".. Not at all... You're just scared, and that's a natural emotion... I think we all are in one way or another, we just have different ways of showing it." He smiled and continued to caress her hand. ".. I'm scared of quite a lot of things, but I don't show fear as much as others do." He smiled at her and shrugged, his chocolate eyes glistening for a moment. (@Soul OMU)
--

Alex decided that he'd stay there with her. Many things played on his mind and it made him enthusiastic for the most part - a town where they could all live in houses - his plan was already set out. Find a nice little house with a few bedrooms, and at least one girly bedroom, and then move in their with Caitlyn and Hunter. The spare room or two that they have in the house could be for when they had visitors that wished to stay in the house for the night, like if Carl wanted to have a sleepover or something like that. It was a nice idea, and as Hunter began drifting off to sleep he slumped down beside her and kissed her forehead. He'd wait for her to drift off, and then he'd go and tell everyone else the news. (@Soul OMU) 

(@DrCompton - This is for you so that it doesn't go too far back for you to find. You might want to check the last one or two pages, because I'm sure Tom will have some sort of funny look for how Eric's acting with Jenna. :D )
Jenna sighs softly as she holds his hand and smiles weakly. "Alright... Well I think I'm going to go find my aunt.." She said as she got up.

Hunter slowly falls asleep against him, holding onto his jacket.

"Alright. Stay happy, eh? If you ever need a song played for you, you know where to find me." He winked at her and smiled as she stood up. Once she left, he realized that all of that had gone on in front of others, and Tom in particular. He'd gotten used to Tom's sense of humor, but he thought he'd let it slide, but the moment his face began to turn into a subtle red he knew he was in for comments. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

--

Alex sighed once she fell asleep and planted one more gentle kiss on her forehead, followed by slipping off his jacket and covering her over with it. He carefully rose up so that he didn't awake her and then wandered off towards the exit. (@Soul OMU)

"Just let him be for a moment,mom. He needs rest!" She told Levi.

Tina sighed.

"I wonder how I'm gonna do stuff now...Jesus I can't believe it's gone."

Goodbye old mixing hand. It's been a good run. Oh the songs they have created. It was funny. All went by so quickly.

She approached Levi and Nick. Her stench...almost visible.

"Wanted to talk to me?"

@TheHarlequinnCat 
(@DrTrollinski I'm kinda having a writer's block for Caitlyn's side)

(No worries, mate. I'm really really sick right now so I'm going to take a little break and allow DrCompton to catch up a little bit. @DryPunishment)

Nick shrugged, not wrinkling his nose the way Levi did when he handed Nick the items needed for his brace. He watched the shorter man leave, having been in a cleaning frenzy all morning. It was off-putting, but Nick learned not to question it. His brows furrowed, "What happened? I don't remember a thing from last night." He added on, mussing up his damp hair, "All I know is that Levi did something... He just came back for us?" His voice lowered, even more so than his natural tone. His eyes flit about for a second or two, weight shifted to one side. He clearly didn't trust the situation anymore than Tina or Levi, but he hadn't talked to West yet- Only that small girl, who he still needed to apologize to after his leg was braced up.

@DryPunishment

"They came with a car...There's this big dude with a mustache and...you carried me all the way after I...Thanks. I mean it."

She looked at her arm. It felt a little better now that the moldy part was gone. The big guy looked like he knew what he was doing. And was pretty chill about it.

"I think I should get cleaned up...Do you want me to help you get down when I'm done?"

@TheHarlequinnCat

Nick shook his head, "I'll have Levi put this death trap on my leg and I should be fine." He shrugged, "I'm just a tad sore... But y'know; still have all my limbs." He raised his eyebrows, trying to lighten their situation. The entire thing that happened was so incredibly surreal, it was more than survival; it was fate and a miracle twisted together. He gave her a small wave when she went into the bathroom, shutting the door; he knocked on the door, saying just loud enough for her to hear "The folded clothes in the room I came from are clean, if you want to use those." He then hobbled his way to where Levi was cleaning. He raised up the various pieces and then went to getting his leg tightly bound in a manner so it wouldn't get injured as easily.

@DryPunishment 
(@DrTrollinski do you want your NPCs involved when West comes back?)

She looked in the mirror and her eyes widened.

"Uck...I look like I came out the back hole of something..." She murmured to herself.

Tina undressed the dirty clothes and bathed. The water was just perfect. It was refreshing. Just as taking a bath in a lake or something...yeah.

Upon removing the bandage she took another good look at the stump. Boy...the stitching was patchy,but looked real sturdy. Her body was still uneasy from the removal of her limb. She tried to clean the left arm individually, after she cleaned the rest of her body.

As she rubbed the grime off her body and made that hair look good again Tina kept staring at the arm. It felt so,so weird.

If she thought about it she could still feel the fingers move,but they weren't there. It was so strange. Hopefully it will heal.

Once outside the bath tub she looked in the mirror again.

"Damn...I need to work out again...I'm skinny." She hissed.

Her hair a little too overgrown for her liking also.

She took a towel and put it around her frame.

Tina looked back for a second before getting out of the bathroom. She forgot the bandage.

A swift,repetitive move from her right hand and it was back on. It was more difficult to tie it,but she managed by tucking the end inside of itself.

After getting our of the bathroom she went inside the room Nick told her about.

"Please let there be some clothes for me..." She thought.

Bingo!

There were some clothes for women too...but nothing especially her taste.

She had to be satisfied with a pink t-shirt, a black cardigan,some jeans and a cardigan.

Tina went downstairs and looked for the others.

@TheHarlequinnCat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back