• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Tale of Two Survivors { The Last of Us 1x1 with icedthemoon }

Nathaniel Matthews
Former Firefly| 21 | Current location ;; Washington

Ah, Jake. More working elevators. This was bizarre. He preferred stairs. The elevators moved too much for him. Looking at Jake and his shoot first attitude, Nate decided that being one of them simply wasn’t working. Instead, he could be him talking to his own trigger happy people. Or something close. “Give it rest, would you? You shoot him and Isaac will have your head.” He readjusted his grip on Alex’s back, and though he probably should have been paying attention to what he was doing and not being very himself, it was more of a run than a grab. At least it was behind and not where Jake could see it. “Nathaniel. Peter sent me, so mind your manners and take me to Isaac? I know he’s busy planning the raid, but this one,” he couldn’t make himself call him a Scar because it was the worst thing he has ever heard, “knows some things that are going to change some things. Honestly, we’re wasting time already. He moved Alex towards the elevator.

Alexander Brennan
Former Seraphite | 19 | Current location ;; Washington

Jake narrowed his eyes before they widened a little in surprise at the mention of Isaac. Then he was confused as he looked at the men in front of him before he drew his gun. "Isaac isn't even here, so why would you be? If Isaac wanted this scar, why would he not be taken to where Isaac is.?" He asked, looking between the two of them. Alex knew this was an act, but that gun was very real. Oh boy. He didn't think about the fact that Isaac might not be there. He felt Nate move him towards the elevator and Jake blocked it. Alex looked around and didn't see anyone near them. If they could prevent his gun from going off, they could get him in the elevator and no one should know any different.

Nathaniel Matthews

That he had not been expecting. Isaac was their only chance, and he wasn’t even here. Nate didn’t hide his disappointment and frustration. “He already left?” He groaned and, shoving a hand on his head and turning slightly, letting go of Alex in his time of struggle. It was also meant to move more to Jake’s side. “Why doesn’t anyone tell me anything? How am I supposed to do anything if no one bothers to give me accurate information?” The little tool meant for slicing was in his sleeve. It was easy to conceal and easy to use if necessary. “You knew, didn’t you?” He accused Alex, letting the anger of missing their only chance seep into his role. He looked back at Jake making it very clear that they were on the same side. “When did he leave? You know what, no, we don’t have time for this. I’m going to need your help if we’re going to get this back to Isaac. This guy is a hassle. Chains or no he took four guys out before I could take everything from him.” He kicked Alex in the back and around Jake so that he could stand beside him. “Well, come on then. Do you want to be the reason this whole thing goes to pieces?“ He gestured manically, which was accurate with how much he was stressing about this encounter, for Jake to move inside the elevator.

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked up as he felt Nate let go of him. Jake looked at him like he was crazy, before he snorted a laugh. "Communication around here is not top tier. You should be new if you didn't know that." Jake said as he listened to Nate, believing him as he watched him accuse Alex and then kick him in the back. Alex wasn't expecting the kick, but he stumbled forward and around Jake, who was also moving into the elevator. "Calm down." He said, as Alex hung near the back. He knew that this was an act, but that kick messed with his back again. He was going to need a back massage when this was all over. Jake pressed the button for the top level and the doors slid shut.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate groaned as he moved into the elevator with them. “New. Yeah.” He put himself between Alex and Jake. “I’ve been doing this for like three whole seconds and then Kim tells me we’re going to take the fight to them?” Parroting. He overhead some of the conversations. “With the storm brewing? I get that it will be cover or whatever, but is this really the smartest move?” He grabbed Alex’s shirt and pulled him closer, trying to make it look a lot more aggressive than it probably was. “Don’t get comfy. You’ve caused me a world of hurt if I can’t set this right.” He groaned again, because this was so stressful. “Jake right? God, I can’t keep up with anyone’s names.” He wished this elevator would stop now. He didn’t like how he couldn’t see where they were. He needed to know what was goin to be there when the door slid open.

Alexander Brennan

Alex was rather thankful that Nate put himself between him and Jake. He had seen the WLF member eying him with a glare and it made him uncomfortable. He listened to their conversation quietly when he felt the grab on his shirt and he was pulled closer. Sell the fear. His eyes widened with 'fear' and he shrunk back as much as he could with that hold. Jake chuckled as he listened to Nate. "Yeah, this is probably the worst idea Isaac has had, but he's dead set. Unfortunately his best soldiers, Abby and Owen have all but vanished, so he's stressed with that and now having to deal with this Scar. I can't imagine he's in a great mood." Jake commented as the elevator came to a halt. The doors slid open and the area was empty, save for them. "Huh. Well. I'll take you to his office and we can wait there." Jake said, leading the way out of the elevator.

Nathaniel Matthews

This Scar. It shouldn’t have made him so angry. It shouldn’t have made him scowl as he stood there, waiting for this door to open. Really, he shouldn’t have let anything this guy said get to him. And the rest didn’t. Nate didn’t even pay attention to the comment about some soldiers. All he could hear was the derogatory slur. It was a slur. Scar. Because of their faces? What ugly thing did those Scars call them? “This Scar.” He couldn’t help but repeat it as he pushed Alex out of the elevator after him. The words were laced with his anger. “This Scar is mine.” He made sure that tool was still where it belonged in his sleeve. “Thanks for taking me to the office. I haven’t figured out where everything is in this huge place. I guess staying here beats being one of the waves going to the island.” He smirked but he was just too angry to pull off anything. It was probably fine given this cover story. He probably seemed liked someone new who was overwhelmed.

Alexander Brennan

Alex bit back the feeling of anger as he heard Nate use that word. He had never, ever wanted to hear that from him, and yet here they were. On the top floor of the Stadium, in Seattle, surrounded by WLF or Wolves as his people called them. A rather tame name considering what they were called. Alex felt himself pushed out of the elevator as they followed Jake. He stopped at the office door and unlocked it, glancing back at the two. "Of course. Same here, the first few waves should be headed to the docks right about n-" His words froze as he felt something around his neck. Alex had waited for the door to be unlocked and then he moved, arms going up and the chain around his wrists was now pressed tight against Jake's throat. He held Jake there for a moment, before turning him to face Nate. "I'd be quiet if I were you." Alex whispered in his ear. Jake's eyes were angry, then fearful as he looked to Nate for help. There was no help. "Where does Isaac keep the keys for these chains?" Alex asked, his voice low. Jake shook his head, refusing to tell.

Nathaniel Matthews

The surprise on Nate’s face as Jake stared at him with that fear where he desperately wanted Nate’s help because he was one of them probably was enough to convince him that he was genuinely shocked by this. He was. He was so worked up and in his own head that he had not realized this was Alex’s plan. Or maybe it was Alex being good at this. It didn’t matter. Jake wasn’t going to talk easily, and Nate wasn’t someone who was going to make someone talk. Scar. It was infuriating. It was revolting. He reached out and shoved a hand over Jake’s face. Covering nose and mouth. He leaned in close with a sneer. There were so many things he would like to say. So many things he could be the last words this horrible person heard. But instead he simply shoved his little tool into the man’s chest exactly where it would kill him quickly but not too fast and watched him drop. “We can find them on our own.” Then he moved away and walked into the office in search of keys.

Alexander Brennan

Alex watched as Nate walked up to Jake, hand covering his mouth and nose. Jake was shocked and upset at this turn of events, and Alex was surprised that Nate simply killed him, and he released his grip on the wolf as he fell to the ground. Alex stepped around the body and into the office as well. "That was pretty good acting love." He commented as he kicked the door shut behind them. Hopefully if someone did come up, that would buy them a few seconds anyway. He looked around and saw a desk, walking over to it. He tried to open drawers, though it wasn't as easy with the chains. He huffed in frustration as he tried to search.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate moved to Alex’s side and put his hand over Alex’s. “Hey, I got it.” With his hand over Alex’s he opened the first drawer. No keys. And the second. Again no keys. He leaned his head against Alex’s shoulder for a moment before kissing his cheek. He moved to the other side of the desk and tried another drawer but it was locked. He sighed and hoped that wasn’t it. “I’ll check these cabinets. I bet he’s got all his keys somewhere. Maybe somewhere that can hang them all?”

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked up as he felt Nate's hand over his, a soft smile on his face. "Thanks." His voice was quiet as he watched him search the drawers and nothing was found. Alex sighed, thinking he was never getting these chains off. He felt Nate's head on his shoulder, and then the kiss to his cheek. Another drawer, and nothing. It was locked. Alex looked around and sighed, seeing the cabinets. "Those cabinets could have something that could hold them all." He said, walking over to a wall of cabinets. Of course he wasn't very helpful in searching, and it drove him crazy. "I wish he'd had them in a more obvious place, I really don't like feeling this useless." Alex muttered as he tried to search the cabinets too.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate shook his head as he too moved to the cabinets. “You are not useless. You are doing remarkably well for being bound.” He tried the first but it was full of things that weren’t keys. He tried the second and though he was not immediately hopeful, there was a box towards the back. He opened it and smiled. “My love, I think we’ve found the keys. Of course, he’s got a lot, so this might take a second for me to figure out which one is the right one.” He gestured for him to come over as he picked up the first. “Shall we begin?”

Alexander Brennan

Alex turned his head to look at Nate, a smile on his face. “While I appreciate that, it still bothers me.” He admitted. Alex watched as Nate searched the first cabinet and there was nothing, then the second one was opened and a box in the back held exactly what they were looking for. “Perfect. And yes, please begin.” Alex said, walking over and holding his chained hands out to Nate. He was more than ready to have these off his wrists.

Nathaniel Matthews

“While I appreciate that as well, I would prefer you didn’t be so down on yourself and your good acting skills.” He began with the first key which absolutely was not it. Then the second. As he continued with the lot, he asked, “oh! How do you feel? I know I got a little pushy a couple of times and I’m pretty sure that kick was way more aggressive than I meant it to be. Are you okay? Do you hurt any- Oh oh! I’ve got it!” He quickly fumbled through opening up the chains until they were fallen away. “Look at that. Just like new.”

Alexander Brennan

“Who said I was acting?” Alex asked, his voice soft. Everything he felt, had been real. Except for the fear when Nate had grabbed his shirt. “You did well. I feel okay, though I might need a back massage when we finally stop. Other than that, everything’s good.” Alex told him as he heard Nate exclaim as he unlocked and undid the chains, letting them fall to the floor. Alex rubbed his wrists before he turned to Nate with a smile. Then he wrapped him in a big, tight hug and kissed his head gently. “Thank you. Now we need to find a way out of here.” Alex said, even as he held onto Nate and didn’t want to move.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate paused as he thought about that. Of course. This must have really been terrifying. The fear in Alex was as real as the anger and frustration in Nate. Nate made it worse. He knew he would. They could say all they wanted that this was just an act and pretend, but that didn’t make it any better. “I’m so sorry. I didn’t like any of that. I didn’t like saying any of it. I hate what they call you. I hate that I had to-“ he looked away. “Be that.” He ran a hand over one of those scars. “They are beautiful. Just remember that.” Then he pulled away, hand taking Alex’s as he attempted to figure out how to get out. “We could go back down to the first floor, but there will be so many people. Or…” he looked out the window. “Look at that. The weather is so much worse now.”

Alexander Brennan

Alex looked at Nate and gave him a soft smile. “It worked though so don’t be sorry. I know it wasn’t real. And you’re the only one who makes me feel normal, as if my scars are not even there.” Alex told him. He sighed as he felt Nate pull away, and his hand took Alex’s. “Well, maybe they’ll all be gone.” He said, looking out the window. The storm really had picked up. “We should head down to the first floor anyway. I’ll have my bow. We can fight our way out if we have to.” Alex said with a determined smile. “And then we can make our way to the apartments, though we should find somewhere to rest after that.”

Nathaniel Matthews

This was turning out to be a very long day. Nate watched as the rain fell pretty hard for a second then turned back to the box of keys. “How do you feel about letting everyone out we can with these? I don’t think we can feasibly help them to safety after that, but maybe they can have a chance then.” He grabbed the box and nodded. At least then it would be harder for these people to keep doing this awful thing to others.

Alexander Brennan

Alex watched the rain as he sighed, this was a very long day. He was so sore still, and tired. But he was resolved to help his people. “Let’s go do that while these wolves are busy with the raid.” Alex’s voice lowered at the last word, turning to Nate. “Can I have my bow, arrows and I’ll take mine and Juliet’s packs.” Alex said, before he would head for the door.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate shrugged off Alex’s and Juliet’s packs first, handing them to him before then also dealing with the bow and arrows. Once they were more appropriately armed, Nate too moved out of the room and towards the elevator. If someone found Jake’s body, it would just be the trail they were leaving behind. Nate couldn’t find it in himself to care. He stepped into the elevator, and once they were both there, pressed the bottom for the first floor. Hopefully enough people had been sent out so that they did not have to deal with a lot of people as they moved. Pretending Alex was a prisoner was one thing. Now, he was not sure how to hide those scars. “Do you have a hood on that jacket?” Nate asked. “Maybe it will cast enough shadow on your face so that people in a hurry to do whatever they’re doing won’t see them.” He wasn’t sure he could take another person responding to the sight of Alex in such a derogatory way.

Alexander Brennan

Alex took both packs and his bow and once he was ready to go, he followed Nate out. He glanced at Jake with a burning hatred before he walked off. Alex joined Nate in the elevator and he watched him press the button and felt the elevator move. He looked at Nate and then thought for a moment. “I don’t have a hood. But I don’t care anymore. Let them see. We have somewhere to go.” Alex said, as the doors slid open. He stepped out, bow drawn and ready. “Scar!” Alex turned and fired, dropping them. There wasn’t nearly as many people now, maybe a handful and probably just enough to keep things running. “Let’s go save my people.” Alex said, as he walked down towards the doors. He let loose another arrow as a wolf came up the hallway. He was determined to make it out.

Nathaniel Matthews

Once upon a time, Nate was the medic. He was the first to drop everything and help someone. He wouldn’t do anything more than knock someone out or find a way to kill with mercy. Mercy. Alex called him a hero for it. He was so proud of that part of himself. Once upon a time ended. Once upon a time was a dream from which he was already awake. When they stepped out of that elevator, Alex downing one and then another without any effort at all, Nate was not upset by the killing. It didn’t even phase him. He watched them drop and he thought good. This is what they deserved. In one hand, he carried the box, and in the other, he held his knife. He was not ranged. He needed to be much closer up. So as Alex walked like a hero down the center of this horrible place, Nate became a shadow. Doors opened and two of these people came in. They didn’t have time to see what was going on before Nate dropped them both. Silent kills. Alex took out some and he took out others. They left an empty complex for raiders to find when they returned. As they neared the apartments entrance, someone came up from the side who had been in hiding, ready to attack and likely the man who was supposed to be on guard at the entrance. Nate pinched at his nerves and shoved the knife into his neck. No mercy today. He pushed open the door.

Alexander Brennan

Alexander was a warrior, a fighter and at his core, a survivor. Today he had been cut, hit, and chained like the dangerous man the WLF thinks the Scars are. Today he broke free from the chains thanks to Nate, today he wasn’t just a runaway Seraphite. He was Alex. And he was determined to make it to the apartments. With his bow drawn, he walked out of the stadium and to the apartments. His eyes caught the person coming up from beside them but Nate got them first. After Nate pushed open the door, Alex made his way through and to the first cage. Grant. “Nate. Keys.” He was going to get Grant out, then he was going to find Juliet.

Nathaniel Matthews

Nate dropped dragged the chair from near the elevator towards Alex and dropped the box down open. “Here. You open these cages, and I will make sure we don’t have anyone else coming for us.” He stepped away and headed down the hall again, looking into each room turned cell. It was horrible how all of these people were bound like this. One’s arms were bound to the valve of a pipe from the wall. Another was attached to what Nate could only assume was some sort of clothing rack. This man was strapped to a chair like the interrogation had been interrupted. There were no WLF. Not here. He pushed open the door to the stairwell. Ah, he could hear them. Two sets of boots frantically moving up the stairs. No. Not today. Nate joined Alex on the bottom floor once more several minutes later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back