• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Land of Destiny

Jeremy bowed to the Queen and her eldest princess. He got back up and grinned. He was extremely lucky to meet almost half of the royal family this week. He remembered what Old Man Lar always told him, 'When you meet a royal, don't act like yourself Jeremy. Actually just be the total opposite.' Jeremy frowned and looked down at Netro who was resting by Jeremy's feet. It has only been a week and he already missed the old geezer. Jeremy sighed and looked at Aantum again.

When Caterina noticed her mother and Lucy she froze. But her mother didn't seem mad, so she guessed she wasn't in trouble. She walked over to her mother and sister and hugged her mother. "Hi mom. Sorry I left. Spiffy thought this would help me.", she's said. Spiffy jumped onto Caterina's head and looked at the Queen and Lucy. He chittered something and Caterina smiled. "Also Spiffy says he hopes you and the baby are doing fine Lucy."

You nod at Aantum, prepared to watch the fight. You were good with a sword, and have fought a variety of opponents, most with unique styles. On of the most important skills you required in your specific field was the ability to learn and adapt. Both of course, came naturally to you at this point, and your skill at the blade showed your experience. But first, you were in the presense of royalty. You turn to the duo, and bow deeply.

"Well met your highnesses, Taren, at your service."

After comforting her pregnant daughter a bit, the Queen overlooked the little project that Aantum and the Travelers were undertaking. When Jeremy bowed to them, the Queen acknowledged it as a sign of respect. When her daughter Caterina came over and hugged her, Alyson returned the favor. "Its okay, sweetie. I used to do the same when I was your age. As long as you're not getting into trouble, all is well."

Lucy thought it was cute how Caterina played with her pet weasel, because she pretty much does the same with her Chameleon. "Yeah, me and the baby are doing well. Midwives have predicted a Boy, so you might be having a Nephew." Lucy smiled at her younger sister as she put her hands on her back and then taking a deep breath. "He's actually getting really heavy. I don't think I can possibly get any bigger. I already feel like a whale." The Queen frowned. "Oh, sweetheart, don't say that. You're very beautiful and nothing's going to change that." Lucy smiled at her Mother's comment. "Thanks Mom. That means a lot coming from you."

When another young man bowed, the Queen acknowledged him as well. "Same to you, Traveler." Alyson smiled.

Franq got to a particularly loud part of the song when he noticed the effects of the spell. "Funiculi Funicula funiculi funicu-ow ow ow ow ow ow. Please get the antidote. I came to buy the elderly gentleman's wares, I swear!"

Marcos bowed his head to the queen with respect, searching for the right words to say in such a situation "I'm Marcos, at your services your Highness." he said in then end, mostly copying Taren's words.

He then turned his attention back to the fight about to commence. Would he really have to fight Aantum in front of all these people too and make a fool out of himself due to his at least mediocre fighting skills? He was a ranger and his skills in archery exceeded the degree of just 'good' but he had only fought hand-to-hand twice in his life and given elves are physically weaker than humans, he would have to rely on his speed to avoid getting beaten. His hopes still lied on the possibility that Aantum would only test his archery skills though.

"Since I just threw this on you, I'll give you a minute to prepare yourselves. Alice, you're next so be ready. Drink this. You've been sleep-walking the past hour." The potion was a Energize Potion, his cheapest one to make. All it did was snap the user out of sleep with an affect 10x stronger than Caffeine.

While Aantum was waiting for Sir Arrogance to prepare himself, the guy paralyzed on the floor started talking. He jacked him up by his shirt. "Then why in the hell were you throwing silverware at my windows?! You scratched them up!" Aantum said menacingly

@Crenando

"Thank you" Alice said as she reached out an took the potion from Aantum. She tipped back her head and let the liquid drip down her throat. Almost immediately she felt more awake, more focused and more aware of her surroundings.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well, um...I haven't the slightest clue" he said, indigently. "I didn't want to offend you, sir. You looked busy. I will repay it with the finest red velvet cakes I have!" He seemed honest.

Alice looked over at Franq with narrow eyes "you plan to repay him with sweets?" At first she thought that he was joking or just being plain sarcastic, but to her surprise he seemed to look sincere about his promise.

"They may be sweets, but they are expensive sweets." He sounded like what he knew what he was talking about. I guess. This is the man that threw forks at a window to get into a building.

Alice pinched the bridge of her nose and shook her head at the fancy silverware thrower. She then returned her focus to the task at hand, she could feel the effects of Aantums potion take hold even more, making her feel more awake and energized.

Gerus noticed that the group was gathered around two familiar figures. "M queen," he said forcing himself in the middle of the group before bowing deeply. "How is the baby going, I hear that the midwives predict a boy, which I do hope for, to no offense, you do need a warrior boy in your family. Follow the traditional way of power." He then turned towards the annoying old man. "Excuse me, my queen I need to beat the hell out of an old man," he said smiling before walking into the center of the circle. "I will fight with you under the condition that you only use 2 of your crows, your best and your worst. I also hope that you are an honest annoying old man, or I would have to use a few things that would be considered unfair." He then reached into his inner jacket pocket and pulled out a small purple glowing potion. "May the gods take mercy on your soul," he remarked chugging the glowing liquid.

Jeremy frowned and said, "Uh no. Pops is mine! When I found out we were fighting with each other, my first thought was: Pops." Spiffy rolls his eyes. "You can shut up Spiffy.", Jeremy said. Jeremy turned to Aantum and crossed his arms.

Caterina sighed and placed Spiffy down. Spiffy chittered something and Caterina shook her head. "You are getting heavy, Spiffy.", she said. Spiffy growled and looked at everyone. He sniffed and turned to the forest. He ran over to the edge and looked back at Caterina. "Spiffy?", she asked. Spiffy chittered, telling Caterina to stay there. Spiffy ran into the forest and disappeared.

"I hope you realize that offensive magic and use of familiars are prohibited. This is all about the physical. You'll be casting your silly spells some other time. I don't need my crows to put your arrogant ass in place."

"No thank you my sir," he said mid-drink. "I will not fight a human in a physical battle, there is no possible way that could ever happen." He then narrowed his eyes and walked back to the queen. "It appears I am not going to fight this dumb old oaf, my lady."

Aantum wasn't phased. "Say goodbye to that potion you need then. Get off my property and stop wasting my time."

He turned to Alice. "You're up then, Alice. I want to watch that blade of yours in action"

"I will find an other way to save the mother tree then, I understand you have connections to more powerful people my lady," Gerus said turning and bowing to the Queen.

Aantum let out a huge laugh. "One that can restore a dying tree vital to the survival of an entire species? Good luck with that, Sir Arrogance. There's no one anywhere near this town with the capabilities to make such a potion. Take it from the leading potion dealer in the world. There's no merchant I don't know, but you're free to prove me wrong. "

Aantum needed not people who weren't willing to cooperate. He could easily find more.

Alice nodded, replying to Aantum's request "As you wish" She then drew her sword from its sheath and stepped into the circle to face him. Without warning she lunged forward at Aantum and slashed with her sword. Alice was quite confident in her physical strength and combat abilities, but defence against Aantum's magic potions was a different story.

Aantum was too busy taunting the elf and wasn't quite prepared for the attack.

He feigned back, getting cut in the arm, but avoiding a more serious injury.

"A feisty one. I likes that." He summoned his bow and a Godspeed potion, which he drained immediately. Jumping high in the air, he shot his bow at lightning speed, feeding his bow arrows via SIA. Good thing she didn't slash his drawing arm. He peppered her with bow fire

Throughout her years on the road Alice had learne how to defend her self from archers, but the numerous arrows being fired at once were definately a challenge. She deflected one arrow with her sword but another slashed across her cheek wile one peirced her left biscep. Alice shouted in pain and anger, despite the pain in her arm she once again charged.

Aantum shook his head in disapproval. Warriors shouldn't be so rash. "If you're gonna charge in like that, you must wear some kind of armor." She had slowed from last charge and he was prepared. He jumped easily over her attack and summoned a couple of daggers. He never used daggers without some kind of poison on them. He intended not to use them against Alice, since she had no resistance like Sir Arrogance did, but there's no reason to embarrass her. Warriors had viscous pride.

These daggers were enchanted with the Paralyze Poison. He threw them at her exposed back

Alice felt the daggers stab into her flesh and then the sensation of her body shutting down. She wanted to scream in frustration and beat the old man to a pulp but could hardly even muster a scowl. That's when she realized her first mistake, she had been fighting like a child, all arrogance and aggression. Her father was the man who originally taught her how to fight, he would be ashamed.

Aantum sighed and walked up to her sprawled paralyzed body. He cut her lightly with another dagger. This one was enchanted with an Antidote. The Advanced Healing Ring activated. Glowing red, it healed up her wounds in seconds, while the Antidote cured her paralysis

For his verdict. "I have no idea what the hell that was. I've fought corpses more challenging. I suppose you take me for a joke just because I don't have the prime of my youth. I'll give you another crack at that. This time, don't give me bullshit. SHOW ME A WARRIOR!"

"You're right" Alice growled, dreading the words as they came out of her mouth but she knew that he was right. She stood back on her feet and brushed herself off. She was still angry from her defeat and felt embarrassed at being beaten in such a manner in front of her new companions.

The memory of her father's words echoed through her mind "Remember Alice, you are quick" he told her the first time he taught her how to use a sword "your opponents will be mighty and skilled, but quick and quick and sly beats mighty"

Alice looked at Aantum while she stood up straighter and loosened her muscles to get herself prepared for another round "I'm ready, I'll do better this time"

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back