• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern B.I.O. - By Invitation Only - OOC Thread

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I intend to post several NPC's ... a Main Character and maybe an extra. The Vanguard scholarship is for those kids who are prodigies in some field, especially those whose work may change the world. Lesser scholarships are available to more common schools. A scant few are reserved for gifted victims of WW III. The reasons are unknown sometimes. It is sort of like winning a lottery. But there is a rationale for their selection. See Plot.

There are a few different sources of superpowered characters. WW III is just the most recent event. Spoiler Alert: There was no war. Earth was headed for an E.L.E. (Extinction Level Event) when a pea sized fragment of a neutron star that had a mass several times greater than the Moon was headed on a collision course with out planet. It was dragging a number of planet killer asteroids in its wake along with hundreds or thousands of smaller objects. Many of the asteroids and meteors had origins of carbon and iron planets, some even from earth-like planets.

Clearly the worst of it missed us. WW III was a cover up for the attempts to break up the incoming targets so they could burn up in the atmosphere. But it was a desperate gamble.

Last edited:
A few questions: Only way to the island itself is by plane? Is it a prearranged flight, like students get dropped off somewhere and then flown over?

Also: Are the chips already implanted or is that part of the initial few days of school starting? And is the SoS greeting for those arriving later, or not until the next year?

Indirect flight. For security - remember, all those kids of diplomats and rich folks - all flights arrive at a sister island. There are 5 Rhand Islands. Most kids will arrive however their parents send them - plane, etc. Kyoko Masanori arrived in her own 160' personal yacht - a gift for being a part of TEAM MASANORI!!!! (echoes here). But she will have to keep the yacht parked at the other island.

From the other island there is a ferry boat or helicopter flight.

I would guess that any rich kids will get there first class. Fill ride scholarship kids also arrive first class. They treat kids pretty well. There is complimentary ATV mini limo service (with trailers as needed like at an airport). Valets to help with luggage. Of course, if you send the valets ahead with your luggage and go exploring ... Pets get sent to the Zoo. Horses .. get boarded in stables.

Out Of Words Out Of Words
PinkChiffon PinkChiffon
truthofself truthofself
dog_teeth dog_teeth
Nocturne. Nocturne.

Making sure everyone knows about the OOC Thread.
And ... I may do an extra post. Weekends are when I get the most time to write. Tuesday and Wednesday, the least.

LOL, oh and YES ... each member of the group is expected to be at the meeting - if they want to stay at the Special Hall and enjoy a private room. And ... you will each be expected to talk - telling everyone your name and a bit about yourself.

Last edited:
Yep, seeing as this was DaVinci's first year, the whole Stand and Deliver seemed like a great idea. Elizabeth's little speech even took ME by surprise. But it seemed like the perfect time to bring her out of her shell a little.

No worries. LOL, weekends are MY time off. Not necessarily everyone else's. Last year I worked on call 24/7.

wynorx. says
❝ My first post should be up Monday night, I work on the weekends, and I have a huge essay due Monday, so I'm aiming for super late Sunday, superlate Monday or Early Tuesday.

Awesome. Mind's Eye also had a bit of RL going on. Going to hold off a little bit with my other characters' post.

I've been working on a few character sheets xD. If I'm still feeling alive after finishing my last one for today, I'll get a post up ASAP.

I'll finish off with the Teachers after Mind's Eye. But Joan's mention of guns just begged Mook to respond.

Rhand and its sister islands (Aslaan, Rhavuul, Orlan, and Vaal)

Rhand - Jonathan Rhand's personal home.
Aslaan - only island visitors are allowed on. Location of airport, seaport, etc. Location of the local industry.
Orlan - home of DaVinci Academy
Vaal - classified. Military Defense island. BIO will eventually be allowed there.

Guys, there really aren't any hotels, etc on Aslaan (where the school is located). But no biggie. I was never very specific. (In fact, I should copy this to Lore.) Please don't waste time editing posts or anything. Play on.

Anyway, time for the teachers to spill their guts a little.

Well, as I said. Folks can move forward to the evening or the next day. I just left it open for questions if anyone had any. These teachers are more like college professors in that they are much more available to speak to. You can drop by offices after classes. (Note, some classes are night classes, like Astronomy. Dr Channing is also nocturnal, so you'd have trouble waking him up during the day.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back