• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom X-Men: Second Class OOC and Character Sheet Thread

hows it going with the creation your guys/girls/theys first ic posts?
Working on the first IC post for jean, was wondering do you think she would drop unconscious the closer she got to the professor? Or do you think her telepathic capabilities would allow her to head in the direction of his room without totally passing out?

Personally, I feel like Jean would have the mental fortitude, being the team psychic. One of the earliest things one should learn as a telepath is how to protect one's mind.

you know the scenes in media when a character is in an alternate reality and they hear voices from people trying to get them to come out it? What if Jean were to physically struggle to reach him, but shes able to commune with his mind, and he hears her voice in the nightmare?

good idea on the italics

also, if anybody was wondering what kind of story format im doing, each volume is like a story arc and will follow a general idea/theme, each volume is 5 main issues and a 6th epilogue or down time where the students get to be people and not have to be super team, each issue is 5 parts long, each part is like a rotation of me making one to two posts.
As for the story itself, i'm writing a potential future and the past, the present with the X-Men/Brotherhood and in my next post the wider world in general, as well as responding to your characters

Here's some more neat insight, since we have characters who incorporate more Eastern martial practices.

The historical ninjutsu isn't a martial art, contrary to pop culture depictions. The few authentic "ninja scrolls" that still exist today are clans' teaching materials on scouting, demoralization, espionage, and ambush tactics.

Sorry about the delay, been busy the last few days with a family member in the hospital. Anyways I'll try and get up a post with Northstar today. Also I'm probably go and make a sheet for a second character, Blink, if that's okay.

thats ok, im sorry they're in the hospital. hope its nothing serious. And of course Blink is good, i forget though does she just teleport or does she time jump too?

Thanks for the well wishes, my mother shattered her ankle. Also Blink just teleports, and I finished her character sheet. Let me know if anything needs changing. And I posted as Northstar.

• BCXhlqn.png

NAME
Clarice Ferguson​

MUTANT NAME
Blink​

MUTANT ABILITY
  • Besides Clarice’s mutant appearance, she also has the ability to create portals in space-time called blinks. These blinks can be used to teleport people or objects up to several miles away, though Clarice is working on increasing this distance. She can also solidify these blinks into a physical javelin. Whatever the javelin hits is teleported wherever Clarice wants. This can be used to strategically move around combatants or even redirect attacks. All of these uses are dependent on Clarice focusing, so if she slips up her blinks will disappear.

BIOGRAPHY
Born in Cartusia, Bahamas, Clarice would stand out at birth for her lilac skin color and elf like ears. Not wanting to draw the ire of their neighbors, the Ferguson parents would naively think that she might outgrow it. But as Clarice got into her toddler years, it was more and more evident that she was different than those around her. Rumors would soon start about the Ferguson’s secret child, one they hide away from the world.

Eventually the wave of hatred of mutants would reach the Bahamas, people stopped trusting each other. Eventually prying neighbors would spot Clarice and denounce her as a mutant. This was the final straw for the Ferguson family, so they left their home country, heading to America where they thought there would be more acceptance.

Ending up in Miami, Florida, the Fergusons would find a mixed reception. There was of course the same fear of mutants in this new country, but they would also find a support group of parents of mutants. So the Fergusons would make a decent life for themselves, mainly interacting with other mutant families. It would also be around this time that the rest of Clarice’s mutant powers activating. Soon she would be teleporting all across Miami, becoming confident in her gifts.

This good life would go on for several years, right up until Clarice became a teenager. The level of hatred for mutants in the States was rising at an alarming rate. New hate groups were popping up all the time, including in Florida. It would be a perfectly normal Friday when a particularly radical sect of the Friends of Humanity came calling to the door of the mutant family help group. A fight would ensue in which many people were injured, and one of the other mutants killed.

This would create an anger in Clarice, wanting justice for her friends. However she didn’t want to implicate her parents, so she ran away from him. She then headed north, having heard that’s where the headquarters of the Friends of Humanity was. However, before she could do something she would regret, she was found by Charles Xavier. The powerful mutant would convince Clarice that there was a better way of seeking justice, offering her a place at his school. Clarice would eventually agree, working on both her high school education and training up her mutant powers.​

FACE CLAIM
Jamie Chung​

RELATIONSHIPS
  • The Fergusons: Clarice’s parents were initially fearful of their daughter’s mutant status, but they eventually warmed up to it and became great supports. However after the Friends of Humanity attack, Clarice abandoned them for their own safety.
  • Apocalypse: While Clarice has never met the ancient mutant before, she is a person of interest to him. Clarice is in fact a direct descendant of Apocalypse and may have to deal with that one day.

EXTRAS
This version of Clarice is mostly based on her Exiles version. I want to roleplay her at the very start of her career, and as a student of Xavier which I don’t think has been a thing in the comics.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back