• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy When Darkness Comes.

Don't. Trust him.

We'll see if he's trustworthy later. Besides, his words ring truth, as we are in no condition to fight. Even if you were to take over and transform, there's no way we'll win.

Hmphf...

*The Wolf gave a stubborn sigh inside John's mind, and John cracked a thin smile. He then turned to Williams*

"Alright, I'll bite. You said there's food and water on the table to the left, yes? So that's where I'll be."

*And with that, John entered what might seemed like the first Safe Haven ever since this Hell started*

*John took off his cloak and tossed them to the side, then placed his backpack on top of the piece of clothing before sitting down to help himself with some of the rations and water. As hungry as he is, he cannot eat quickly or else his stomach might reject the sudden large amount of food intake. Nevertheless, John was in Heaven during the duration of his meal*

"Alright, the explanation." Williams sat down and spoke in his "story" voice. "I used to work for an organization called POM. It was a highly secretive organization, and kept files on everyone, even you. I was one of their best agents, second to my father. We dealed with bomb threats and the such, and it was serious work. But then the day came, the day we noticed we had a fraud amongst us. It was too late, they fired the nukes early, and we weren't able to stop it. This place is the remains of my previous workplace, and it stayed pretty much in tact. It wasn't the blast that killed us, but the radiation. Everyone died except me, and I turned into a vampire, which I consider a gift. I failed to save mankind, but now I will rebuild it! We have a scientist, he goes by Dr. Hyde. He has a cure for everything, even the infection, but it would require a lot of materials. If you would like to talk to him, use the computer back there." Williams finished talking, and rose from his chair. He then got a set of weapons out and pulled out a sniper. "This sniper is the best I have, and it has a scope that can zoom incredible distances. It uses special ammo, a harpoon you could call it. It fires at high velocities that could go straight through a whale and still have enough power to kill a shark. I want you to have it." Williams gives Wulfgar the sniper, and leaves towards his room.

He gave me a gun that use weird ammunition and a high tech scope. Surely, he couldn't be bad.

Yeah, "surely." You are way to trusting of others, John. And that would be your downfall.

We survived this far, didn't we?

Thanks to your luck, we did. But what would we be if you ran outta luck?

*John was silent for a while, the Wolf had a point. It was by Luck that when the bomb was dropped, he was sick and was informed to enter a bunker. It was by Luck that he survived and got infected by the werewolf. It was always by Luck that he survived at all. He sighed, picked up the Rifle and carried it with him to the window. If there's anything that cheers him up more than a good night sleep or enough food for the day, it is unneeded carnage to the Zombies via a bullet to multiple brains. Plus, it helps other survivors, too, he thought to himself. He pushed his shoulder against the Rifle's butt until he got the feel for handling the weight, load the first shot and peered through the scope*

*To him, looking through the Scope was like looking at a different world, with digitally indexed Windage and Altitude, and a suggestion on which Mil-Dot to aim the target on. It made his job a whole lot easier. He took a deep breath to quell his excitement, breath out slowly, then in again. Whilst breathing out, he began counting upwards with no specific point until his finger squeezed the trigger, and a shot rung, surprising the trigger puller. He zoomed the Scope in, and true to Williams' words, the "harpoon" flew at an almost perfect line towards the Zombie's head, then through the head and through the ones behind it, finally stopped by pinning all the Zombies to the wall behind it. John looked up from the Scope, his face filled with disbelief. He gently placed the gun down against the wall, and he whooped excitedly. Even the Wolf was laughing with him*

Best. Weapon. EVER.

Williams heard the whoop from his room and smiled. He decided to give one more gift to him, one that every human would like in this wasteland. "Wulfgar, would you like to be able to see beyond walls or even in the dark?" Williams grinned as he held out green contacts to Wulfgar. "I call these the hawk's eyes." 

JWulfgar said:
He gave me a gun that use weird ammunition and a high tech scope. Surely, he couldn't be bad.

Yeah, "surely." You are way to trusting of others, John. And that would be your downfall.

We survived this far, didn't we?

Thanks to your luck, we did. But what would we be if you ran outta luck?

*John was silent for a while, the Wolf had a point. It was by Luck that when the bomb was dropped, he was sick and was informed to enter a bunker. It was by Luck that he survived and got infected by the werewolf. It was always by Luck that he survived at all. He sighed, picked up the Rifle and carried it with him to the window. If there's anything that cheers him up more than a good night sleep or enough food for the day, it is unneeded carnage to the Zombies via a bullet to multiple brains. Plus, it helps other survivors, too, he thought to himself. He pushed his shoulder against the Rifle's butt until he got the feel for handling the weight, load the first shot and peered through the scope*

*To him, looking through the Scope was like looking at a different world, with digitally indexed Windage and Altitude, and a suggestion on which Mil-Dot to aim the target on. It made his job a whole lot easier. He took a deep breath to quell his excitement, breath out slowly, then in again. Whilst breathing out, he began counting upwards with no specific point until his finger squeezed the trigger, and a shot rung, surprising the trigger puller. He zoomed the Scope in, and true to Williams' words, the "harpoon" flew at an almost perfect line towards the Zombie's head, then through the head and through the ones behind it, finally stopped by pinning all the Zombies to the wall behind it. John looked up from the Scope, his face filled with disbelief. He gently placed the gun down against the wall, and he whooped excitedly. Even the Wolf was laughing with him*

Best. Weapon. EVER.
Glad you like it! (Doing this from mobile, gonna take some time for me to type anything now)

"That would certainly help. But... Why are you giving these techs for free?"

*Nevertheless, John took the contacts and apply them to his eyes, blinking a few times to get used to the new objects covering his irises*

"Why not? These things I gave you are extras, I have many more of each." Williams looks at the pierced zombies. "Nice shot." Williams then pulls out some pills. "These will suppress the effects of the wolf inside of you for one day, use them on full moons or any other time for my safety." Williams turned around and began to draw out plans on the chair next to him. 

TheOutsideBox said:
"Why not? These things I gave you are extras, I have many more of each." Williams looks at the pierced zombies. "Nice shot." Williams then pulls out some pills. "These will suppress the effects of the wolf inside of you for one day, use them on full moons or any other time for my safety." Williams turned around and began to draw out plans on the chair next to him.
I just want you to know that Williams is scatter-brained, and usually switches subjects abrubtly.

"As for the drug..."

Don't you dare...

"As much as my Wolf and I hated each other, I'll have to decline."

*John said, gently pushing the hand holding the pills away from him, hoping that he didn't offend Williams in any ways*

"And thanks for the compliment. The gun is amazing."

"Ok then, but if your friend decides to maul me on the full moon, I will have to make Spiny inject it into you." A mechanical spider crawls out of Williams wrist and hisses at Wulfgar. "And you do not want Spiny to inject it into you," Williams said with a grin while he continued to draw. Williams then pushes the pills closer to Wulfgar, giving him another chance.

"Don't worry. I utilize the Lunar Calendar to determine the next Full Moon. And when the time comes..."

You lock me up so I can't do any damage to anybody.

"... I lock myself up so my Wolf can't attack anyone."

*John said in a matter-of-fact manner*

"That's what the last one said," Williams said while pointing to a dead body underneath the table. "Listen, John, you can't let him influence your decisions, you must take these, I don't want to kill another person!" Williams said his last word in a rather loud tone. "I apologize, this is your choice for you to make. I am just tired of all the dead bodies I have to get rid of in day!" Williams then got an idea, and it was crazy. "John, forget the pill, and forget about locking yourself in a room. I have an idea. I shall give you inhibitors, something that will send a brain pulse towards your wolf pal whenever he targets a registered ally. I can sleep at night, and you can still talk to him." Williams releases Spiny, who then leaps on Wulfgar's head and starts to tunnel in. It then numbs the area and plants a chip inside John's brain. Spiny then comes back out and seals the wound and comes back to Williams."Done!"

S***, he's planting a kill switch on us. You should've taken the other option, you dumb brat. Now we're guaranteed dead men.

"Simmer down. You're making my head hurts... You're making my head... Hurts... Hoo boy..."

*John muttered aloud what was meant to be a thought to his Wolf. The Wolf himself, now even more sure that Williams was planting a kill switch into John's brain, went berserk*

I told you. Told you so many times. But what do so get? An occasional "Shut up" and "Be quiet" is all I got. And now you got a chip in your brain, in MY brain. How does it feel? Huh? To know you're a dead man walking?

"Shut. UP!!! You are not helping the pain..."

Yes... Succumb to the anger. Let me into your mind. Let me transform.

"... No. No... You will not transform..."

*John muttered, breathing deeply to calm himself down and null the brain in his brain. After a heated argument, he finally cooled down, rendering his Wolf's suggestions useless*

"Sorry... For the little outburst."

Nick was startled at the turning of the girl and dropped his katana in mere fright! "Don....don't kill me..." He said slowly backing up, hearing a Russian accent in her voice. He kicked his katana toward her and put his hands in the air.

JWulfgar said:
S***, he's planting a kill switch on us. You should've taken the other option, you dumb brat. Now we're guaranteed dead men.

"Simmer down. You're making my head hurts... You're making my head... Hurts... Hoo boy..."

*John muttered aloud what was meant to be a thought to his Wolf. The Wolf himself, now even more sure that Williams was planting a kill switch into John's brain, went berserk*

I told you. Told you so many times. But what do so get? An occasional "Shut up" and "Be quiet" is all I got. And now you got a chip in your brain, in MY brain. How does it feel? Huh? To know you're a dead man walking?

"Shut. UP!!! You are not helping the pain..."

Yes... Succumb to the anger. Let me into your mind. Let me transform.

"... No. No... You will not transform..."

*John muttered, breathing deeply to calm himself down and null the brain in his brain. After a heated argument, he finally cooled down, rendering his Wolf's suggestions useless*

"Sorry... For the little outburst."
(My phone' running outta juice. If you see that I'm not replying for a long period of time, assume that John went to sleep on a couch / room (God knows he need one), or excused himself and do some Sentry Duty as a sniper)

"Eureka! Now I can hear your Wolf's thoughts and also talk to you telepathically. Let me test it....

Hello wolf, I am not trying to kill you. Lighten up for once, stop thinking I am not safe, for I am your savior.

"Should've worked, I will go try to get more people with my megaphone." Williams goes upstairs and calls out with his megaphone, "Anybody of any age of any species, I have your salvation, and I will help you regain all your strength. We can rebuild this Hell!" 

JWulfgar said:
(My phone' running outta juice. If you see that I'm not replying for a long period of time, assume that John went to sleep on a couch / room (God knows he need one), or excused himself and do some Sentry Duty as a sniper)
Got it

Hrmphf...

*The Wolf gave an audible... Well, audible ken?'to the right word, but still... He gave an audible grunt as he knew his thoughts could be heard by Williams and anybody else who uses the device. With that, John excused himself and retreated into an empty room, put down his equipments and drifted to a long awaited sleep*

(I'll be back when my phone is charged and all those stuff)

Dr. Hyde approached John and put his hands on his shoulders.

"Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here, I am Dr. Hyde, how are you doing kind sir?"

*John opened his eyes immediately when he felt Dr. Hyde's hand touched his shoulder. Startled, he reached underneath his pillow and pulled out his SOG Knife, all while crunching his body up and then delivering a kick into the good Doctor's stomach*

Who are you, and what are you doing here?

*John eyed the Doctor suspiciously, scanning for any type of threats that is present and the few quickest escape route*

(John was panicking, so he didn't hear Hyde's name when he said his name. Sorry for any confusion at all.)

"Wake up..." The voice in his head told him and even if Jerico has just awoken he was well aware of everything around him, from the noises of the early dawn insects to the running water of a stream nearby he felt, heard, and saw almost everything around him. The trek from a city long forgotten has used up most of his supplies especially his food "I wouldn't last long without food, damn those-" suddenly something rustled in the bushes so he drew his M4A1 SOPMOD and peered down at his Trijicon ACOG sights and moments later he saw what it was just a harmless deer so without flinching he squeezed the trigger and let a round fly and as the 5.56x45mm round hit the deer's cervical vertebrae it would shatter, a nice clean kill. This deep in the forest he wouldn't need to worry about danger "Sucks to be you lad, eh?" He told the carcass as he started to chop it, minutes later as he's stuffing the meat in to the sack he thought of the deer again and said "No, you went out quick." and as he tied it to his backpack he looked down at the deer again and said "Lucky you..." and continued down his trail. He's been alone for a long time, far long too long, his sanity hanging by a thread and only one thing keeping him from losing his mind "Where are you lass?" he asked the wind hoping for an answer, nothing but a cool morning breeze so he tried again a little louder now "Just give me a bloody answer, I've been everywhere trying to find you love, I can't even remember how long it's been since I've last seen you..." The crickets answered with their chorus so he again tried but this time louder "Fine! All you've done in your life is to run away from your problems you couldn't face and you're too full of yourself to ask for even the slightest help, but I've had your back ever since I could have remembered and I'm not stopping until I find your arse." He's losing it and he knows it so he drew a deep breath and thought to himself "Calm down, I didn't made it this far to lose it now." He hadn't notice but he has been walking all that time. 

[QUOTE="Jerico Lionhearth]"Wake up..." The voice in his head told him and even if Jerico has just awoken he was well aware of everything around him, from the noises of the early dawn insects to the running water of a stream nearby he felt, heard, and saw almost everything around him. The trek from a city long forgotten has used up most of his supplies especially his food "I wouldn't last long without food, damn those-" suddenly something rustled in the bushes so he drew his M4A1 SOPMOD and peered down at his Trijicon ACOG sights and moments later he saw what it was just a harmless deer so without flinching he squeezed the trigger and let a round fly and as the 5.56x45mm round hit the deer's cervical vertebrae it would shatter, a nice clean kill. This deep in the forest he wouldn't need to worry about danger "Sucks to be you lad, eh?" He told the carcass as he started to chop it, minutes later as he's stuffing the meat in to the sack he thought of the deer again and said "No, you went out quick." and as he tied it to his backpack he looked down at the deer again and said "Lucky you..." and continued down his trail. He's been alone for a long time, far long too long, his sanity hanging by a thread and only one thing keeping him from losing his mind "Where are you lass?" he asked the wind hoping for an answer, nothing but a cool morning breeze so he tried again a little louder now "Just give me a bloody answer, I've been everywhere trying to find you love, I can't even remember how long it's been since I've last seen you..." The crickets answered with their chorus so he again tried but this time louder "Fine! All you've done in your life is to run away from your problems you couldn't face and you're too full of yourself to ask for even the slightest help, but I've had your back ever since I could have remembered and I'm not stopping until I find your arse." He's losing it and he knows it so he drew a deep breath and thought to himself "Calm down, I didn't made it this far to lose it now." He hadn't notice but he has been walking all that time.

[/QUOTE]

Hyde looked at the knife John was holding and grinned.

"Woah there son, don't get startled, I'm Dr. Hyde, sorry if I surprised you and all, but you have nothing to worry about, this cluster of the city is clear of zombies and vampires and lycans, we're repopulating it, gathering all species except for zombies"

Hyde stared at the monitor of his computer.

"A human, who could this be?"

Hyde zoomed in seeing it as..

"Jerico Lionhearth, Williams! Spade! Someone get this man! He's weakening!"

"Finally." Jerico said to him self as he, at last, made it to the city and again he said to himself "Now time to find some answers." He fixed his black shemagh up to the lower part of his face to hide it and then swung his M4A1 from his side up in front of him readying himself for any danger finally he traded forward.

Hyde was still watching Jerico from the monitor.

"Lucky for him he's entering a cleared part of the city. There are no zombies there, but there might be hostile people" Hyde said to himself.

*John was silent for a moment, then he spoke up again, this time a little bit ashamed of what he just do*

"Um... I'm sorry I kicked you. No hard feelings?"

*He then saw Dr. Hyde walked towards the computer, so he followed after putting on his clothes and equipments again*

"So... What or who am I looking at right here?"

*John asked, pointing at the person displayed on the computer screen*

"He's near on one of our entrances! I'll get him myself!"

(Apparently Spade and Williams didn't hear my notice)

Hyde stepped outside and saw Jerico.

"Jerico! This is Hyde! Follow me!" Hyde shouted at Jerico.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back