• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

We were doomed from the Start.(CLOSED)

I click my tongue.

"Here's the floorbrush. Let's use it..." I grab the mob to clean up the spilled water. "Well, your father said he needs it to remain calm... maybe he is right..."

I sigh.

"Now. Do you want tea or hot chocolate? I have both. And sit down to the table while eating..."

I smile. This starts to feel like a proper family...

Last edited by a moderator:
Darius grabs the brushes find starts sweeping until every last strand of hair was binned.

"All done, yes please" he said sitting st the table ready to eat.

I woke up feeling sick, I needed fresh air. But getting some was going to be hell. I had to stay here... Unless...

I waited until Darius and the Knight were preoccupied on their sweeping duties and I snuck out, grabbing my folded clothes on the way out. I let the door slightly ajar to not make a noise.

I put on my clothes and walked to reception. I tried to unlock the barricade but I couldn't manage it. So I opened a small window and climbed through That instead. I sat on the grass looking at the sky. Immediately feeling less Ill.

"Okay, almost finished..."

I put on the liquid on the small stove, and go over for the vegetable mash. I made it a bit spicy, and I have put the pigeons in for a slow roast in the kitchen… It will be good for today. I’m just hoping I can actually get some into my liege.

I set the table for my nephews. I am hesitating… I don’t really want to wake up the entire family until I must...

That's when I realize one of the beds are empty. Mitchell just up and vanished... panic strikes inmediately.

"Darius... had you seen where your brother has gone?..." I inquire, looking around and grabbing my sword.

What and how?... He has to stay in bed, he is sick!...

Darius stood up panicked too. He even so much as looked under the beds

"I didn't even see him go. But his clothes have gone too"

I sat on the grass and breathed in the air and soaked in the sun. Blissfully unaware of the panic I was causing inside.

I grab my sword and crossbow. I know that last night we attracted some monsters. They can still be nearby…

“I’ll go downstairs and outside. Yours are the inside” I say with a creaking voice. I am panicked, almost shaking. “Let’s go search for him. Fast!”

Darius ran around the hospital looking in every room

"You little shit" he kept muttering under his breath as he tore rooms apart in his quest

My head hit the grass. The cold dew fell incredible. So refreshing. It seeped through my shirt into my sores. It stung st first. But cooled them down amazingly. I was in my own piece of heaven

Nothing downstairs. The barricade is intact… although I see a piece slightly out of place. I look around, panicked, then I realize someone opened a window.

Icy cold fear chills my blood… I start to tear down the barricade, fast and methodical, then I grip my sword and step outside. I only have the chainmail on, so I hope to heaven that I won’t encounter any monsters outside… I look around, searching for my younger nephew, still with panic coursing my veins. I am close to crying when I notice the marks before the gates.

Monsters are nearby…

"Lazing on a Sunday afternoon, got no time for worries. Close my eyes and slip awayyyy" I sing tapping my crossed legs to the beat in my head. My arms folded underneath my head. I was a pair of sunglasses away from looking like I was on the beach

It was so warm my coat was folded next to me. I contemplated taking my shoes and socks off but didn't just in case I had to make a quick getaway

I rolled the combat trousers up as much as possile to make shorts. I planned on cutting them when I got back.

“You little punk!” I shriek when I notice the youngster lounging on the ground. I don’t even dwell on how happy he looks… I see the looming figures yet far away too well. “Are you crazy? Why the hell would you do this?...”

I rush to him, yanking him up from the ground, not even try to collecting the coat. I eye the monsters, and I am even more angry and afraid as I realize how fast are they. I lift my sword, fuming.

“Get inside! Now!...”

I yell as I'm pulled up from the floor.

"But, I..." I decide not to argue the case and grab my cost and run back in. Shit I was in trouble. I decide to sit between the barricades in the hopes that i could disappear forever. The look on the Knights face was truly terrifying. And it was all directs at me.

I hug my knees to my chest and cry a little into them. No felt like a child again.

I intercept the first one who is way ahead of the others. I have no choice than to do so - it is fast. I need all my anger and determination to fight it, all while painfully aware that I am not protected by dragon scales this time. I dodge and attack with everything I have. Still have a few close calls, but I manage to behead the monster before the others get close.

I quickly rush back to the building, throwing my barricade back together. The kid is sitting there amongst the pieces, and when I'm finished, I reach down, haul him up, and slap him.

"What do you think you were doing, idiot?!"

I recoil from the slap. I don't understand what I've done wrong really

"I just needed air ma'am. I was relaxing. I promise " I don't get what I've done. It makes no sense. I just needed air. I thought I was doing good. Not over exerting myself.

"Have you lost your wretched mind? How could you think this is going to be okay?! Relaxing? Suicide is not relaxing!" I shake the kid like a misbehaving puppy. "Sneaking outside alone is suicide! Besides, you are injured, and you are only making it worse! I cannot deal with you if you keep this up! Pull your head out of your ass and think! Your father is dying! You will quickly end up the same if you won't let the injuries heal! Your brother is too exhausted to help! And even I am at my limits! We would need to work as a family and then you play with stupid hijinks because you are bored!... you might be a youngster, but without a speckle of responsibility, you are going to kill us all!"

I'm humbled and stunned. I didn't realise what I had done was worth this. I shake my head. At first I'm angry, I'm an adult, after all. But then I'm sad, I'm sad I'm such a disappointment.

I'm not worth looking after. I start crying slightly.

"I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't know." I say humbly.

I am still fuming. I open my fingers, and drop Mitchell. This time, I feel even more exhausted. The monster managed to reach me a few times, and even though the chainmail ensured I wasn't even scratched, I still feel bruised.

"You knew it. Time to acknowledge it. Your father said you were an adult; I've seen children more responsible than this. Your attitude won't be humoured any more. I will tie you to the bed."

I reach down to help the kid up.

"Come on. I'll check on your wounds..."

"Please" I say through tears but decide to shut up. I'd clearly done something terrible, even if I didn't understand it. I'd made my bed and now I had to lie in it, ironically.

I walked back to the room with my tail between my legs. I hated feeling like such a dissapointment.

Darius came running through the corridor.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" He said shaking his brother's shoulders.

"Don't. Please. I was just getting fresh air."

"You've had us worried sick." He was raging

"I know I'm sorry"

He grabbed my shirt by the shoulder and pushed me into the room.

"Teach him a lesson." He said darkly to the Knight.

I sigh, pushing the boys inside the room.

"I'll have to clean myself after this clash. You tie him down to the bed; do it so I can rebandage his injuries. If he cannot be reasoned with, then we will play it so. I'll still have to take care of my liege. I'm tired of this. No other punishment. Just restraints..."

Darius, still fuming , pushed me onto the bed.

"Brother please " I beg

"Don't you brother me you little shit"

He grabbed the rope and forced me to lie on my stomach, tying my arms to the bed so they couldn't move. Even when I struggled.

"I don't know why you're struggling, you got yourself into this mess" he scowled

I head out to the kitchen. I have to; I don't want to infect my family, so I have to clean myself. At least there is plenty of water...

I dump it on myself cold. Scrubbing myself while still clothed. I have to check myself, so I strip. Only painful bruises. Not even a scratch. I sigh, a bit relieved.

I'm so tired. Exhausted. Losing hope... I put on my wet clothes again. It's warm after all...

I walk back to the room, nodding.

"Good. Let's see his back..."

"No". I start pulling at the restraints. Trying to turn around but can't. Half of me Praid my escapades hadn't caused any extra damage. Then there would be more trouble.

"You keep silent. I don't want to hurt you anymore, but I swear to my liege I will if you make this any more difficult."

I am still shaking with anger, but I tend to the injuries carefully, cleaning them and reapplying the salve. I am mute with anger. I think if I were to speak I would roar, and now I don't want to wake my liege. He looks like he is dead already now when I glance at him.

"There. Now you take these" I gather the pills, not leaving out the sleeping pill. I won't hesitate forcing him if he refuses...

"There should only be one" I say scared half to death. I'm not sure what I'm taking. As far as I know there's only one anti biotic pill. But there were more there.

I turn my head so I couldn't take them. Still lying on my stomach I buried my head into the pillow.

"No. There are several. You had a fever. I'm not taking any chances. Your father said something about vitamins. So you take them. Now. Darius, help me open his mouth."

I am speaking with teeth clenched. Only not shouting because I see my liege's pale face. He wouldn't likevus argueing. I hate this.

Darius doesn't hesitate in mounting me, carefully, not touching my wounds. He forces down my chin.

But I just open my mouth. I can't be others arguing anymore.

"Fine fine I'll just bloody take them" I say through gritted teeth. "Just please, turn me over. Please". I take the tablet and the water.

I sigh.

"Best I can offer is on your side. No way I'm letting your injuries worsen. One dying man is enough. I haven't got any more energy or patience for this."

I feel truly drained.

"I won't let you out of this bed until you are healed. I don't want to disappoint your father even more. He would haunt me in my whole life..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back