• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Warhammer 40K: The Interex Valhalla

If you have the skill trained or if you have it even, you roll the stat that it associated with. If it passes you do the skill. If you don't have the skill, you do it untrained and you half the stat for the ability to work.

Apollo has command trained, so it should be his fellowship (50), adjusted for circumstances (easy checks get a bonus to your skill, hard ones a penalty), or less on a percentile role. Every ten points by which he succeeds or fails is a a degree of success/failure. Those degrees are an indication of how epic your success or failure turns out.

Hmm, there seems to be some weird delay in getting my alerts. I only now got the prompt from your message, @Deltorian Nephran, and your message was already twenty minutes old.

I also didn't get a prompt for the main page, or else I would've seen that all the rolling had already taken place and my two cents were unnecessary. Bah.

Just asking @Protagonist, is this before or after we exited the warp? If it is, we can't do anything before we exit the warp. Also, we need astropaths to send messages long distance.

Deltorian Nephran]Just asking [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/6314-protagonist/ said:
@Protagonist[/URL], is this before or after we exited the warp? If it is, we can't do anything before we exit the warp. Also, we need astropaths to send messages long distance.
We've already exited the warp. We exited the warp in the path of a meteor that was carrying a few Orks (3 that survived the collision). The Orks were defeated in a brief shootout by security forces (though there were 8 casualties on our side).

How long a range? In space terms, he's not very far (just barely visual range). I think we could just use a radio for this particular job.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are orbiting a planet, yes VOX will work but if it's something like we are just able to see the planet, gonna need an astropath.

[QUOTE="Deltorian Nephran]If we are orbiting a planet, yes VOX will work but if it's something like we are just able to see the planet, gonna need an astropath.

[/QUOTE]
We're contacting a small ship (orbiting a planet) I mean to say.

It'd be within VOX range, as it'd be at least as close to us as an object in Low Orbit (probably much closer).

Last edited by a moderator:
Technically, she would have made the test if it were ordinary or easier. I just figured making a vox call had to be easy at least.

That's an opposed willpower check needing two degrees of success if you wish to avoid being charmed.

Hmm, think I misread that. It's common lore (underworld), which is counted as an investigation subclass skill. But it doesn't mean you investigate anything. It means you already know it.

Looks like I was wrong on both counts. Inquiry allows you to gain info, but it takes an hour minimum so we can make do with knowledge checks. I'm going to dump them here so you can tell me what my character(s) know. Both sisters have common lore (underworld).

[dice]22074[/dice]

[dice]22073[/dice]

And both sisters failed their rolls. Fudge.

Do you think that I would be able to feel the taint of the warp on Nieli because she interacted with a daemon? Would I be able to perceive her through psyniscience or Gaze into the Abyss?

Fair point. I'm not sure how either of those work, but she does have a corruption level of 5. Can you detect that?

My Gaze into the Abyss allows me to see if someone has a psy rating or if they are tainted by the warp. Tainted by the warp can mean many things, from 20+ corruption, mutated, possessed, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back