• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Social Experiment

Talia laughed as Tony pulled her in expertly as they danced together. She let him lead with a bright grin on her face.

"Why thank you! I just can't say no to dancing, especially not when it's Vampire Weekend!" she laughed.

Nothing like a dance party to loosen things up she thought with a grin. Looking at John for a moment, she tilted her head to the side.

"Hey, John, you just got here. You haven't gotten a chance to poke around the house or pick a room yet," she smiled, talking as she continued to dance happily with Tony. 
Talia laughed as Tony pulled her in expertly as they danced together. She let him lead with a smile on her face.

"Why thank you! I just can't say no to dancing," she smiled.

Nothing like a dance party to loosen things up she thought with a grin. Looking at John for a moment, she tilted her head to the side.

"Hey, John, you just got here. You haven't gotten a chance to poke around the house or pick a room yet, have you?" she smiled, talking as she continued to dance happily with Tony.

Sorry... normally I'm pretty happy, but... uh...

His voice cracks.

Nevermind. I'll just try to enjoy this place.

Tony leans his head in next to Talia's. "His Grandma just died..." He said softly, trying not to let John hear. He didn't want to upset him anymore.

Talia's eyes widened a bit at Tony's words, she must've not heard that before. She slowed down, starting to tire. If her Grandma just died, she sure as hell wouldn't want to be dancing. She paused for a moment, the setting sun's light streaming through the windows in a dusty glow.

"No, it's okay," she said to John. "We don't always have to be happy. Maybe we can all take a break. Unwind a bit? I hear there's a game room and a pool here," she said softly, trying to lighten the events a bit.

"She's right, you haven't. Here, I'll help bring your bags in and show you around so you can pick a quarters right quick" She said, nodding her head to where he dropped them. Grabbing the one that looked heaviest, she started up the stairs where all of the rooms where. She wasn't sure who he'd chose to room with, or if he wanted a room to himself.

"Each rooms got two beds, so if you see an empty one or a room to yourself, feel free to it. Just tell me where." Maya smiled.

Ezra smiled at Agnes and replied, "That's fine." She awaited for someone to say that they, too, wanted something to drink. "I guess not." She whispered to Agnes then proceeded to the kitchen and looked into the refrigerator for something to drink. She smiled when she noticed alcohol, juice and soda. "Do you drink alcohol, Agnes?" she asked. When the power went out, Ezra screamed. It wasn't because she was scared of the dark but because it caught her off guard. What's going on? she thought to herself.

Okay, uh... who is in which room?

He looks around the hall, to see which one looks the best for him.

The lights all flickered out, but quickly everything went back on.

Turning around he yelled down the stairs. "It's an old house, breaker probably just shorted the corrected its self. I'll fix it after I get John a room!" She yelled down, remembering how the people sending her here warned her about that. Shouldn't happen too often though.

"Well, I'm down the hall at the end with the English girl, Ezra. I believe there's still two empty rooms. Niklaus is in his room sleeping, though I forget if he's got a roomie or not. And to be honest I'm not sure on the others. Feel free to have a look around thought." She said, shrugging her shoulder and giving him a half smile.

Okay, great!

He says, smiling. He then picks an empty room.

I think I'll unpack, before anything else...

Tony runs down the hall and rushes into his room, grabbing his iPod. He decides to listen to that instead. He lies on his bed and listens to music.

Dropping his other bag in there with him, she nodded.

"Sounds good. I'll be downstairs if you need anything okay?" She said, giving hims pat on the shoulder before heading back down.

Walking into the kitchen, she sat up on a bar stool.

"I don't know about you guys, but I would love to go swimming right about now."

Maya layed her head on the cool countertop, and let her arms dangle. She wasn't too tired or too hot, but still a little worn out.

Talia looked out in the darkness silently. She hated the dark with every fiber in her being, and it was worse now that she was alone. It was a nervous trait from her past, a fear that she wouldn't forget. She paused and collected herself, gaining her bearings. She took a gulp, breathing fast and felt her way to the back yard. A large pool glittered beautifully in the remaining light, releasing her from the dark house. Letting out a breath she didn't realize she was holding in, she plopped down on the edge of the pool, dipping her feet in. She wsa breathing fast, and pressed a hand to her chest to slow her racing heart. She stayed there, immersing her feet in the cold water, staring out over the pool as she pulled herself together.

She followed Ezra into the kitchen and stood behind her, feeling pretty useless since nobody'd asked for anything, but she couldn't back out now. Besides, it wasn't the end of the world to be interacting with Ezra... although perhaps she was being a little too obtrusive. Agnes considered herself outgoing, but Ezra far exceeded that. She wondered if perhaps she was preventing Ezra from interacting with the others and enjoying herself more. "I have never had the opportunity before, no," she confessed, just before the lights went out. Instantly Agnes panicked, her breathing becoming quick and shallow. She covered her mouth to suppress a whimper and automatically became hyper vigilant. Logic told her it was just an outage, but paranoia told her otherwise. And Ezra's scream certainly hadn't helped. To her relief, the lights quickly flickered back on, but Agnes kept her mouth covered, trying to regain control. More than anything, she was grateful that the only person who could've seen her panic was Ezra, and from years of practice, her breathing was already steadying out. No harm done, hopefully. "S-so, ah, what were you saying?" As she did, however, Maya entered, distracting her. "Swimming sounds fine to me, but I am not sure that I have a bathing suit with me." In fact, she wasn't sure if she'd ever owned a bathing suit, but she could check. Maybe she had a spare pair of shorts and a t-shirt to swim in instead or something.

Tony sees Talia outside sitting by the pool. He walks out and sits next to her. "So, how has it been here so far?" He asks her, tryng to make easy conversation.

"Trust me, I brought enough swim suits for everyone." She said, raising her hand and extending two fingers as if to wave off her worries about it. She really did have enough, even two pairs of swim trunks and some rash guards. She wasn't entirely sure on if there would be places to surf here, and her mother was convinced she'd need her entire closet. So into the airtight bags they went, and then into her suitcase.

Ezra looked at Agnes, and was about to ask her if she was alright but Maya walked in and she decided to wait till later to ask. "Pool sounds great," she said, "I'll go upstairs and get into my swim suit." With that, she got a beer out of the refrigerator and walked upstairs with it, drinking it on her way to the bedroom she shared with Maya. She went over to her dresser and pulled out her all black bathing suit. She went into the bathroom and changed into her bathing suit and then came back out and made her way downstairs, beer in hand, and out the back door then headed to the pool. She sat beside Talia who was sitting beside Tony and she put her feet in. "Ah, this feels nice." She said, to no one in particular.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talia took a breath, and glanced at Tony, forcing a smile.

"Oh, it's good so far," she said. "Just not a huge fan of dark houses," she laughed a bit, calming down.

She glanced between Ezra and Tony, then looked at the pool. "It's so pretty," she grinned. "Can't wait to jump in!"

"So... Uh, Thalia..." Tony starts getting sweaty... Even though he was partially in the pool.

Agnes shot Maya a grateful look. "May I borrow something? I can clean it and return it to you later," Ages promised, eager to rejoin the others and get in the pool. "Your room is at the end of the hall, right?" Agnes called over her shoulder, already halfway up the stairs.

Talia looked at Tony with a smile on her face when he began to say her name, "Yeah, Tony?" she replied brightly.

"Yeah, me too. I'll be back." Ezra said, then she finished off the last of her beer then got up and went to throw it into the trash can. She walked into the kitchen and then she threw it into the trash. She then proceeded to go upstairs and back into the room, where she saw Agnes, so that she could brush her teeth because she knew her breathe probably smelled disgusting after drinking. She smiled at Agnes then asked, as she walked over to her bed then went under it to get her bag, "Stealing things?" She joked with her then grabbed her tooth brush and tooth paste out of her bag, sat it on the bed and went into the bathroom where she brushed her teeth.

"Uh... Earlier... When I said you were pretty..." Tony trailed off, getting embarrassed. What am I doing?! He asked himself, but he knew what he was doing.

"Borrowing," Agnes said, chuckling, as she stepped into the room Maya and Ezra shared. She felt momentarily uneasy being there, but she shook it off and moved into the room. "I do not have a bathing suit, and Maya said I could borrow one, or I think that was the idea. Might you know where they are? I think I may have accidentally left Maya behind."

"Ofcourse!" Maya said, Following Agnes up after getting a bottle of water.

Walking into the room she opened the drawer where she'd shoved all of them. She picked out her own Blue bikini, with white tribal designs on both the top and bottoms.

"Feel free to anything you'd like. I'm pretty sure we're the same size."

Talia smiled pleasantly even though a blush started coloring her face. "Yeah?" She grinned, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back