• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Social Experiment

Tony reached into his backpack and pulled out his book. He wanted to be at the party, and he could breakdance amazingly. But, it felt awkward. He knew everybody was going to dance together, and he didn't want to be left out. So, he decided to just read instead.

Agnes chuckled, enjoying the atmosphere, though she also felt rather awkward. Maybe she should've thought it through more. It appeared as though Ezra at least recognized the music, and dancing came so easily to her. It definitely wasn't the same for Agnes. However, as she watched Tony leave and, with pleasure, saw Talia and Maya join in, she realized there was nowhere else she would rather be than right where she was. She just wished she could fit in a little better. Graciously, and with a smile, she took Ezra's hand, allowing herself to be pulled in; she didn't know what else to do, so she decided to follow their lead. Shyly, as it seemed she was the only one who didn't recognize it, she asked, "what is the name of this song?"

A limousine pulls up, dropping John off.

Holy shit, this place looks nice.

John thinks he hears music.

What the hell? Is there a party going on?

He drops his bags and runs inside.

"Happy!" Maya spoke up, responding to Agnes.

Smiling to Talia, she picked the girl up and spun her around. She was very light, so this came without and issue to her. Setting her back down she saw another boy run it.

"Welcome to the house" Maya yelled before turning back to her dance partner. "You aren't too bad yourself, you know. I guess a lifetime of beach parties have helped me at least a little bit, haha."

Hey, um, what's going on? Is there a party or something

He secretly hopes there will be attractive women in here.

Talia giggled at Maya while she spun her around, nodding her head at what she said.

"Yeah! Me too! I love right on the coast of the Dead Sea. What can I say? I guess Aussies and Israelis both know how to party!" She grinned, spinning Maya around.

A new boy came in, looking excited. She threw a smile in his direction, waving her arm.

"Hey! Welcome! I'm Talia, and you should join in," she called to the new boy, voice upbeat and cheerful.

Tony gives up and walks back to where the party is taking place. "I have returned from the bathroom!" He lied, not wanting people to know where he really went. Tony walks to the middle of the dance floor and does a backflip in the air, only to land on his back and start spinning on his head.

Uh, okay. Is this like a dance or something?

He fidgets a little bit, hoping no one will find out he's better at "classical" dances like the Waltz.

Ezra smirked at Agnes and began dancing around her. "It's called Happy by Pharrell," she said, "you're so cute when you're awkward." She playfully booty bumped Agnes. Suddenly, she noticed someone coming inside of the house. "Hi!" she said to him. She noticed Tony come back down the stairs and it made her smile. Still don't like him though, she thought to herself. She grabbed the new guy's hand and brought him to where the rest of them were. "Dance!" she said. She watched as Tony did a back flip then started spinning on his head and it caused her to laugh.

Tony jumps up and stands on one hand, then pushes himself into the air and frontflips onto his feet. He laughs. "I took a bit of break dancing classes."

Talia paused for a moment, understanding the new guy's awkwardness. She felt that way a lot too. She smiled at him, gesturing for him to come over by her and Maya. He was fidgeting, and she found that kind of adorable.

"Hey, it's easy. Doesn't have to look pretty, it just has to be fun!" She smiled at him, waiting for him to join.

"'Happy'? This song is called 'Happy'?" Agnes asked, equal parts amused and baffled. She didn't question it any further, though. Instead, she did her best to more or less imitate what her peers were doing. And she had fun. Even if it wasn't something she'd ever done before, she enjoyed it nonetheless. She happily welcomed Tony and the new guy, waving them over, before returning her attention to Ezra, who was, so far, making her feel like she might actually belong here. She was looking forward to finishing her drawing later. "I do not know how either," she told the new guy. "I am doing my best to follow Ezra here," she said, indicating the girl she was referring to. "My name is Agnes, by the way." She watched Tony, fascinated; "It seems Tony has us all beat, anyway," she remarked, chuckling. "Oh, and," she turned back to Ezra with a playful smile, "thank you." She was tempted to return the compliment (although Ezra was the absolute opposite of awkward), but she decided against it. She wouldn't be able to pull off a comment like that as naturally as Ezra could.

Tony laughs and runs up to the new guy. "Hi, I'm Tony!" He says cheerfully. The dancing made his mood much better.

Uh... Hi Tony, I'm John... I would've come here earlier, but my... Uhh... My grandmother died... But anyway, how's it like here?

"I guess we do!"

Maya through a wink to Talia before turning and grabbing John's hands.

"Trust me on this one." Maya urged, moving his hands with hers to get him into the groove of it all. "I'm Maya, Pleased to meet you."

She couldn't help but laugh when she saw Tony dance, he was very good after all. "Looks like you took more than just a few classes there, mate."

Talia bobbed along to the music, moving happily as she danced by herself for a moment. She called out to Tony happily.

"Aye, Tony, you're pretty good! Hey, come be my partner!" she grinned, stretching out a hand to him.

"Hi, John!" Tony turns to Maya and smiles. "Ok... maybe 10 years of break dancing classes are more than a few..." He turns back to John. "I'm... so sorry for your loss..."

Ezra giggled at Agnes' question. She was right, the song's title did sound a little foolish but it was a great song. "You're quite welcome." She replied, to Agnes' thank you. Ezra continued to dance with her, practically blocking everything else out mainly because she simply loved to dance. After the song went off, another song came on that Ezra had no idea what it was so she decided that it was then that she got something to drink. "You want anything to drink?" she asked Agnes.

Tony grabs Talia's hand and starts to dance with her. "Hey, you're not too bad yourself." He says, trying to be as nice as he could. He loved the people here, and was even starting to like Ezra... but not too much.

"I'm sorry as well. Next few weeks ought to take your mind off it." She said, smiling to the boy again. She wanted to get a laugh out of him, but wasn't sure how. He seemed pretty mellow. The next song came on, and she couldn't help but smile. It was Diane Young by vampire weekend, something her friends always played whenever they went out.

She watched Maya, Talia, John, and Tony with amusement, but didn't engage; she didn't feel the need to insert herself. Tony and John seemed far more nervous than she was, so she resolved to let the girls help them. Besides, she had Ezra, who was more than enough to keep her distracted. To Ezra's question, Agnes paused, considering. Something to drink would probably be a good idea, especially after the time they spent outside in the heat. She was about to just say yes, please and leave it at that, but she realized it might be a good idea to ask everyone else too and help Ezra carry drinks - that was the polite thing to do, right? "Sure, I will come with you, if that's alright," Agnes said, stepping out of the fray to stand next to Ezra. "Would anyone else like something to drink?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back