• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Orange Touches All Things Around

Erik took a deep breath and gave her a small nod "Alright.." he said quietly before wiping his eyes and cleaning himself up. He followed her out to the officers and gave a heavy sigh "My mother says you need to speak with me?"

Max nodded and took a shaky breath "I know...I just hope Hvitserk is able to get us an oppurtunity to explain what happened." She said softly

He frowned but nodded and closed his eyes, “I don’t feel great.” He mumbled, shivering a little and feeling like every time he closed his eyes it burned for a minute. “Babe could you… could you get someone?”

Carmen frowned as they had them go to a private room to sit down before asking him what happened and what he saw.

“It’s not gonna take long. Just couldn’t question you without an adult present.” The senior officer explained. He wasn’t stupid. He knew the family they were dealing with here and they were enough on the payroll to not ask too many questions but it had to at least look like they were doing their job.

Max frowned deeply and pressed the call button for him asking for the nurse to check on him quickly. "We'll make this work love." She said quietly before kissing his knuckles gently.

Erik took a deep breath and explained what had happened telling them as well that he didn't get a look at the guy who did it. He walked out with his mom once they finished up and gave a heavy sigh "Where is Dad? Why isn't he here?"

She frowned and went back to the room Eivor was in, sitting down and not saying anything for a minute "He's at home... I... I told him what had happened when we got in the car and by the time we got here he had no idea why we were here... And I can't focus on three problems all at once. Your brother and you need to be my priority right now." She told him quietly "If you want to go home I can call Alex to come get you." She told him quietly, glancing up at some noise at the door when Hvitserk came through, finally losing it and stood up to hug him, breaking down in tears. "They hurt my babies!"

He nodded tiredly, waiting til they came to check on him and followed the nurse's instructions until they decided to change the dressings, inhaling a little as they unwrapped the one by his shoulder and he noticed how red and swollen it was, "I don't think it's supposed to be like that." He tried to joke a little, giving max's hand a supportive squeeze with his free hand

Hvitserk held her close and took a deep breath "I know, and we'll figure out how to get this handled okay? But I need you to let us handle this. Please do not make any decisions based on the emotions you are feeling right now." He told her seriously

Max frowned deeply when the nurse pressed the call button asking for antibiotics while she re-dressed his wounds "Is he going to be okay? This infection won't hurt him too bad will it?"

She frowned and pulled away a little, shaking her head. “Then fucking handle it. Ivar should have been taken out after what happened with sighed when we were younger!” She snapped. “Whatever happened he is the root cause of this.” She snapped, going to sit down again, taking Eivors hand. “I can’t do this right now. I have a dying husband who doesn’t even know what’s going on. I can’t… fix it. Before I do.” She told him seriously, watching him walk away before turning back to Erik. “Do you want to stay or go home?”

She nodded and smiled. “He should be just fine. These things happen with bullet wounds. Doesn’t seem to matter how clean we keep it. It’ll be another couple days before you can leave but then we would strongly advise you don’t travel for another four weeks at least.” She told them both

Erik frowned deeply and looked at his mom "I want to stay here." He said before taking a shaly breath "Mom I need to tell you something..." he said quietly as he stared at the floor blaming himself partially for this. Had he told them sooner about his suspicions maybe they could gave guarded Eivor better.

Max frowned deeply but gave a nod "Alright then, thank you." She said looking to Jon as the nurse left "Maybe we should live at the house while we're here. Its better than a hotel."

He nodded tiredly, reaching for her to move closer. “Cheaper too. We might run out of money otherwise.” He teased a little as she always told him she was worried about it but he still constantly pointed out that she could spend ten grand a day for the rest of their lives and they wouldn’t run out.

She frowned but nodded. “Alright… what is it darling?” She sighed a little. A little disappointed he didn’t want to go home. She was getting to the point already where she just wanted peace and quiet with Eivor, not really wanting erik having to deal with all of this as well

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "Very very true." She said before kissing his knuckles gently "I love you so much Jon." She whispered before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath to contain herself.

Erik saw the exhausted look that came over her face and shook his head softly "Nevermind....its not that important. I can tell you it tomorrow." He said before he got up and gave the top of her head a quick kiss "I'm gonna go ahead and call Alex, you mind if I get myself some dinner?" He asked quietly

She frowned but nodded, "Order it to the house but for when you're home. I don't think your Dad would remember to open the door for it." She tolld him gently, "And Erik.. if he has any questions about where I am or what's happening, just tell him I'm handling a work situation and I'm staying at Rhaena's tonight." She told him gently before letting him go "Text me when you get home." She called, watching him leave and finally turned back to Eivor, swallowing tears "I don't know how it got this way sweetheart. But I need you to be okay." She mumbled

He nodded and smiled "I love you too... You should get some rest though... Don't think you\ve had much over the last ocuple days." He mumbled, "If you lay on the other side, you can take a nap on me." He mumbled, starting to fight sleep himself with all his energy spent on stressing for the last hour or so

By the next morning nothing had changed on Eivor which for now was a good thing. Nurses came in again to give him a check over smiling softly at Carmen "If he stays stable the next couple of hours he will be taken in for a secons surgery. Can I get you anything?"

Max gave a small smile and moved to lay on the other side of him. By the next morning she was awake early just watching Jon before the cafeteria would open for breakfast.

Carmen frowned and shook her head. “Who is going to tell me what is happening? Obviously he’s not woken up and obviously he’s not… i mean he’s… is he going to be okay?” She asked quietly,

He woke up groaning a little and frowned. “When can we go home?” He asked her quietly, playing with her fingers a little.

The nurse gave a glance over his charts and gave a soft sigh "The doctor will be in the explain further, but you son took a shot to the gut and two in the chest. We were able to remove the gut, and the one closest to his heart, but we started to loose him when we tried for the third. Thats what the surgery today will be." She explained before leaving them to privacy.

Max gave a small sigh as he asked about home "Home won't be for another month. But leaving here? Hopefully no more than two more days."

He groaned a little out of frustration and pouted at her. “I want good food again.” He mumbled, playing with her fingers. “You should try and talk to Carmen. Before things get blown too far out.” He mumbled.

She thanked her quietly and watched her go, just sitting in silence, not taking her eyes off of him until eventually she heard an unexpected voice behind her and turned to see her mother walking into the room. “Modir.” She sighed, reaching for her. “He’s stable. He’s still here. Erik has gone home to get rest. Aemond is… not well.” She rambled.

Max gave a small nod and sighed heavily "I'll try to, but right now is not the time. She won't listen to me, she'll need a day or so to cool down." She explained quietly

Aslaug entered the room "Carmen?" She asked gently giving a small genuine sympathetic smile as she saw her "Ubbe has informed me of the situation. I am so sorry for this....it's my fault that I treated Ivar the way I did and it has caused him to think he can do this to his family." She said softly before sitting beside her

She frowned and shook her head. “I just don’t understand what it has to do with my son.” She muttered, tensing as a couple alarms went off before everything settled again. “I can’t… I need aemond here but he doesn’t even know Eivor was shot. I told him but by the time we got here he didn’t remember.”

Jon just nodded and sighed a little. “Alright. But eventually you need to talk. There was a big misunderstanding and you two need to sort it out.” He told her, coughing a little violently but settled again a little later.

Aslaug frowned deeply giving a heavy sigh "From what I have heard, Eivor may have done a few jobs for Ivar. I'm not a hundred percent sure though." She explained before giving her hand a squeeze when she mentioned Aemond "I know what you mean....your father at the end....he was just as bad. Sometimes he forgot who I was and kept asking for Lagertha." She explained.

Max nodded some and frowned deeply "I know, I just have the figure out the right time." She murmured

she shook her head in disbelief, trying to stay composed but it was getting a little difficult with everything adding up. At the very least she finally had her mother to lean on.

In the following week there had been no change in eivors condition though carmen had been trying to ignore that fact as much as possible and at the very least she was focusing on the fact that she finally had managed to explain to aemond what had happened and had him in the room with her for comfort.

Jon was finally home with max though not quite in the country he wanted to be in. They had been told to wait another three weeks before he could fly, just to be on the safe side though he was losing patience for the advice now he was properly on the mend. He made his way downstairs a little carefully still, heading to the kitchen and smiling tiredly at max. “When we finally get home home, I’m going to marry you.” He smiled wt her, leaning up against the doorframe as he watched her making herself some tea

Rhaena made her way into the room gasping slightly when she saw her brother. She hadn't been by yet because of all the work shit this had caused but she finally had a free minute to get there. She was worried sick about her parents though,knowing neither of them were in the right head space.

Max looked up at Jon and smiled widely as she finished making herself a little fruit bowl for a snack. "Is that so?" She said as she went over towards him "Hope you're good with eloping, I don't think I could handle another traditional one. The headache of it is unreal." She said before pecking his lips. Staying at her old house was difficult to say the least, both her old bedroom and her son's room were off limits and thankfully they had removed all the family photos from the wall on their previous visit.

Carmen glanced over to see her walking in, not saying anything before turning back, still holding aemonds hand tightly. “He was stable enough for them to take that bullet out yesterday… I thought Erik was with you?” She frowned a little, not happy that she would leave him on his own

Jon nodded and smiled. “More than satisfied. Long as I got you and the paperwork I’m good to go.” He smiled, stealing a piece of fruit and going to sit down. “I called Hvitserk. And got tony out of here for now. I’ve assured him that he will be dealt with and he’s gonna handle backlash on his end.”

Rhaena gave a small nod and sighed heavily "He is with uncle Ubbe, took him out for a guys day so I could come up here." She explained before sitting beside her noticing her father asleep now too "How is he doing?"

Max smiled widely and sat down with him in the family area "What are you gonna do to Tony?" She asked as she munched on her fruit.

She shook her head and frowned. “He’s the same as he has been… he just needs more time.” She mumbled, glancing over hearing aemond grumbling a little, giving his hand a squeeze. “Hey there sleepyhead. Rhaena here.”

He shook his head. “You don’t need to know.” He mumbled. Not really wanting to drag her into that world more than she had to be. “He will be handled.” He muttered.

Aemond gave a small smile seeing his daughter there "Hey there princess." He whispered closing his eyes tight "I'm gonna go find food." He whispered before making his way down to the cafeteria with a bodyguard.

Rhaena frowned deeply as she saw her Dad "Uncle Hvitserk says you want to retaliate quickly." She said softly

Max gave a small nod and sighed "Alright, well I plan on calling Carmen soon. Hopefully she will talk to me."

“He’s been a lot more coherent the past few days. The doctors said it’s going to be like this. Sometimes he’s going to seem like everything is okay and then other days he may not remember his own name.” She mumbled before answering her question. “Yes. And if my brothers won’t do it then I will bring myself out of retirement and do the job myself. This family has become far too complacent about handling these things and if we are not careful the lothbrok name will die out as a failure.” She muttered.

He nodded and smiled. “That would be good. I know she likely wants Ivar dead as much as you do now. Just… don’t go joining hee on any crusades. Please. I don’t think I could stay in this country long enough to have to bail you out of prison.” He teased her a little.

Rhaena frowned deeply as she listened to her mother and shook her head "They are trying to not start a war mother. Everyone is still terrified of our wrath, it is why the italians are trying to broker peace." She explained

Max gave a small laugh and gave a nod "I may have been married and now almost married to mobsters, but I was never one to do that business. The most I did was hold their money." She explained quietly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back