• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Living Among The Dead

Gracie's eyes darted back and forth, scared to be in the house now, angry for the inconvenience. She swatted at the man's ankles, hoping to hurt him just to show who was boss. She yowled loudly before running from the kitchen and into the living room, sliding her way in behind the television set. The fur on her back stood up, and her head burned with fear. She didn't wish to be touched by these humans, and she didn't want to be stuck in this house. She burrowed her way under the set, squeezing her pregnant belly as she did so. A jolt of pain shot through her as her unborn kittens began moving around inside her, suddenly active in all the excitement.

Christopher shook his head and flinched, feeling his ankle get scratched. He bent down and wiped away some of the blood that had began to come out from the tiny wound and took a seat in one of the kitchen chairs. Maybe it wasn't the wisest idea to let a feral cat into his home, but he didn't want to see it die. It was small and he could tell that it was carrying quite a few kittens. He stared at the potted meat on the floor and waited, hoping the cat might come back to eat.

Waverly gave somewhat of a shy smile. "Well, I guess we'll find out in a few minutes or so." She said nervously when the woman pushed again. "Sorry Kiara, its an old habit I have. I used to work Private Security." She responded when the woman seemed insulted when Waverly addressed her as 'Ma'am'. That's how she addressed most women, an old habit from the job. Old Habits die hard. When the woman pretty much screeched in pain, Waverly paid close attention. "Kiara, the baby is crowning. That means I can see the head. Now just give me one more big push and let's bring your child into the world." She said, getting ready to guide the infant into the world. Because without support from her, the baby could get hurt...if not killed after being pushed out.

To her relief, it wasn't a breech baby, which meant that the baby would come out legs first, which can be hazardous. There has been times where Waverly had to deliver a baby that way. It scared her sometimes too.

@Brianna Ackerman

-----------------

While pretty much enjoying a good night's sleep, Nicole was awakened by the cat's loud meowing. Rubbing her eyes, she reluctantly got out of bed and exiting the bedroom. She noticed that Chris was wiping blood off his ankle. "The cat got in?" she asked.

@Lonelytaco

She laughed weakly. "I know how you feel. I was a US ambassador. All I ever knew was ma'am and sir." She smiled slightly, closing her eyes. "It's why I prefer being called by my name."

She took a few breaths between contractions, waiting for the next one so she could finally get this kid out of her body. Waiting with her, Logan stood up and grabbed the towels and a blanket and brought them over, putting one on Kiara's stomach, and putting the rest on the floor next to Waverly.

He went back to his wife, just in time for her to let out a cry. Encouraging her to push, he watched as his child emerged into the world, a wide smile on his face. For a moment, he forgot that the world was ending. All that mattered was this.

Kiara felt the same way, but for a different reason. The pain made her forget almost anything. Gripping Logan's hand, she leaned forward, pushing as hard as humanly possible. As the baby began to continue her descent, she arched her back and bit her lip to keep from screaming. It was so hard. She had no pain meds, and was going through the worst pain in her life. She couldn't help it. Arching her back again, she threw her head back and screamed in pure agony.

@Amaterasu Kawashima

Users who are viewing this thread

Back