• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern the Halifax witch hunts

"Actually I prefer eating fruits and vegetables to anything. It is just getting anything other than meat and and bread was rare before I got free. This just looks too good to be an everyday lunch." Darnall clarified just encase Maryl had thought thst he was being sardonic.

"Well, the concept of eating lunch is a new one for me, so everything looks like a lot when nothing is the norm."

(im out for tonight.)

"Thank you." Darnall picked the sandwich up gingerly, with both hands, and took a modest bite. "This sandwich is very tasty." He ate at a sedate pace, but it was obvious that he would have inhaled the sandwich if he could.

Darnall merely nodded in agreement as he continued to eat the sandwich. He never new that lunch could be so good. I plan on taking many lunches from now on. He mused contentedly as he chewed and swallowed.

Darnall looked up from his sandwich as he heard her yawn. "I would guess that that means it is bedtime for you." He smiled slightly.

"Yes, I suppose so" Maryl said "by the way feel free to leave the house while I'm asleep, there is a very good library nearbye and they might have some more robust books on witchcraft there"

"I'll think about it, but I'm too sure that I'll get that far before being outside gets to be too much. I'm thinking about trying out some of the meditation suggestions in my book. Maybe they'll help me get an idea of what I'm working with, though."

"I just don't want you to be bored while I'm sleeping" Maryl says before handing Darnall the remote to the roku.

"I used to live in a creepy dungeon basement, chained to the wall with only reference books, poetry, and a couple fairy tales, for more than half my life." His tone was dry but not unkind. "Boredom for a few hours will never be a problem I would have t even entertain the possibility of." He sighed as he took the remote. He lightened his tone when he spoke next. "That, however, is nothing for you to worry about. Sweet dreams." Darnall went back to finishing his sandwich.

((Annnnnnddd... Goodnight for real LOL))

Darnall watched her go as he took a break from his sandwich and placed it on the coffee table, beside his book and pen. Wheeling the chair to the windows, he looked outside at the world that he still wasn't part of. Not just yet at least. He looked up at the white puffy clouds racing across the sky, and wondered where they were going in such a hurry. Suddenly, he got a flash of a small storm building over the city, then sweeping West over the mainland. Gasping loudly and jerking back from the window, Darnall st there shocked. "What was that?" He whispered to himself.

He shook himself from the off-putting vision and looked back out the window. Whatever that was, it showed him that he'd need to be careful where he let his mind wonder until learned to keep idle thoughts from becoming magic. It is as if I'm leaking magic. He thought as he  rolled back to his sandwich and resumed eating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back