• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

I have a question about giving you a writing sample! How long (roughly) do you want it to be? And you said you wanted it to be a non-intro post, but is it alright if I use an intro post for another one of my characters from a different RP? The place I used to RP was much more fast paced, so I don't have any non-intro samples that are more than a couple lines (it was live, rather than forum, so lengthy posts were discouraged -- don't worry I promise I won't be doing one-liners here :3).

Irianne said:
I have a question about giving you a writing sample! How long (roughly) do you want it to be? And you said you wanted it to be a non-intro post, but is it alright if I use an intro post for another one of my characters from a different RP? The place I used to RP was much more fast paced, so I don't have any non-intro samples that are more than a couple lines (it was live, rather than forum, so lengthy posts were discouraged -- don't worry I promise I won't be doing one-liners here :3).
Well when I think of detailed I generally think of a few paragraphs minimum, like 3-4 decently sized ones. However, I am more of a novel-esque writer if that makes sense, meaning I tend to have more paragraphs but they are shorter in length. I'm just looking for your style and whether or not you are capable of writing enough to move the plot forward and give someone substantial information to reply to.

And I don't mind making an exception for you. Post what you would think would generally be the length and detail of an average post from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait- question here. Would you like a physical description of the character or would you like an image to represent the character?

Also, when we are done withy he character, should we place our character in the character sign up tab?

Dangotsu said:
Wait- question here. Would you like a physical description of the character or would you like an image to represent the character?
Also, when we are done withy he character, should we place our character in the character sign up tab?
A picture, physical description is optional.

And yes, when you are done with the character, place them in the character sign-up tab.

Pfft I edited that response when I realized I messed it up. A picture is required, physical description is optional though encouraged if your character looks significantly different than your face-claim.

@Dangotsu

I can't say how excited I am for this!! I am completely ready to serve!

I do have a few questions though. Can you clarify what you mean by ethnicity? I'm not sure whether that's supposed to be in character or not, especially since Decucis seems pretty isolated.

Also, I'm not quite sure about the magic. It's elemental right? How powerful would it be to be considered simple or moderate? How exactly is it learnt?

raspberryrose said:
I can't say how excited I am for this!! I am completely ready to serve!
I do have a few questions though. Can you clarify what you mean by ethnicity? I'm not sure whether that's supposed to be in character or not, especially since Decucis seems pretty isolated.

Also, I'm not quite sure about the magic. It's elemental right? How powerful would it be to be considered simple or moderate? How exactly is it learnt?
Since I figured that I was limited gender equality and sexuality, I decided to suspend disbelief and allow all ethnicities to be an option. It's an RP after all, and I'm sure people came in from all over during the very beginning, when there was no wall or magic. You can assume that Decucis lies on the edge of larger land mass, like let's say New Hampshire. It's not exactly isolated but because most people aren't let go, they don't know this.

The Lore tab should answer most of your magic questions, but power does not dictate simple or moderate. It's the elements that dictate that, how advance you are is simply how advanced you are in each form of magic. It's inherent to the people who have the markings and is taught and honed by teachers.

@FloatingAroundSpace

Im thinking about applying for one of The Eyes...

However, about what age range are you looking for in the Grandmaster and in the Eyes? Just as a general idea, as I don't want to end up making the character too young or too old.

Also, I am ready to serve.

@InsaneEntry

For the Grandmaster I was thinking older than the current king and queen, so perhaps 50s to 60s. As for the eyes, I would assume late 40s to early 50s. I should mention that people with magic tend to live naturally longer because their bodies are in tune with the universe...

Dang it! @FloatingAroundSpace, I have to admit that I have bitten off more than I can chew. I am already apart of quite a few roleplays and with one of my own coming out soon, I would hate to lag behind in this one. That would not be fair to any of you. I am sorry to say, but I can not join. You can bet though that I am going to seriously be lurking through all of these threads! I wish you the best of luck!

Pandacorn said:
Dang it! @FloatingAroundSpace, I have to admit that I have bitten off more than I can chew. I am already apart of quite a few roleplays and with one of my own coming out soon, I would hate to lag behind in this one. That would not be fair to any of you. I am sorry to say, but I can not join. You can bet though that I am going to seriously be lurking through all of these threads! I wish you the best of luck!
Alright, see you around RPNation!

@Dangotsu

When it comes to appearances, I would like if you used a realistic photo. It doesn't have to be exactly what you imagined, which is why I would allow a text based description to be associated with a picture.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
@Dangotsu
When it comes to appearances, I would like if you used a realistic photo. It doesn't have to be exactly what you imagined, which is why I would allow a text based description to be associated with a picture.
Is that a strict rule on photo or just nothing really cartoony? The picture I was planning on using isn't anime or anything, but it is a drawing. Would you like me to find a photo? I will definitely be providing a word-description either way.

Irianne said:
Is that a strict rule on photo or just nothing really cartoony? The picture I was planning on using isn't anime or anything, but it is a drawing. I will definitely be providing a word-description either way.
I heavily prefer photos over drawings. It would depend on the artwork, really. Given that I said no to someone else, I'm going to have to say no to pictures. Sorry. If this poses a problem (and this goes for you, too @Dangotsu ) as in you cannot find a substitute or there just really isn't anything that sits with you, I would be willing to make an exception. Just credit the artist as well, since we've got enough art theft in the world.

I am about hyperventilating with rage right now. Currently on my CS, there's a notice at the bottom that says 'no slide' because the STUPID BB code keeps adding a freaking ACCORDION CODE no matter HOW MANY TIMES I DELETE IT. ARGH.

edit;; now I moved it so that it didn't DELETE my writing sample slide but now there's a gap and it's driving me crazy.

raspberryrose said:
I am about hyperventilating with rage right now. Currently on my CS, there's a notice at the bottom that says 'no slide' because the STUPID BB code keeps adding a freaking ACCORDION CODE no matter HOW MANY TIMES I DELETE IT. ARGH.
edit;; now I moved it so that it didn't DELETE my writing sample slide but now there's a gap and it's driving me crazy.
Oh my god- I was just having that problem just a while ago too, I think you have to leave the ACCORDION CODE the same font as it is like;

' accordion=45%|bcenter '...

slide here

slide there

' accordion '

At least, that is what I did.

but with the [] on the endings

raspberryrose said:
The problem was that you didn't have a [/font] where you needed it so it was "fixing" the broken code by restarting the accordion. It should be fine now.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
The problem was that you didn't have a [/font] where you needed it so it was "fixing" the broken code by restarting the accordion. It should be fine now.
THANK YOU

I'm much more used to working in HTML rather than BB code so I'm very good at this. I had to go into the BB code editor to fix it (which, to me, makes much more sense than the rich text editor no matter how much easier it is to format)

raspberryrose said:
THANK YOU
I'm much more used to working in HTML rather than BB code so I'm very good at this. I had to go into the BB code editor to fix it (which, to me, makes much more sense than the rich text editor no matter how much easier it is to format)
Yeah I use the editor all the time, especially since the Rich text editor doesn't show me all the code. This is especially problematic when I can't figure out which code I forgot to "close" and I can't see all my code.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Can I claim the position as queen?

[/QUOTE]
Due to the fact that there would only be one queen, I'm not doing reserves. I prefer to see the different apps that would come in and decide which one I believe is best. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back