• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Also what are the royal colors?

[/QUOTE]
Haven't really thought about that and don't really know... Not red or yellow, I can tell you that. Probably green and another color?

FloatingAroundSpace said:
Haven't really thought about that and don't really know... Not red or yellow, I can tell you that. Probably green and another color?
Alright and do they have a specific symbol? Like a raven maybe or something?

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]Alright and do they have a specific symbol? Like a raven maybe or something?

[/QUOTE]
I was thinking a deep green dragon twisted around a glowing blue flame. The dragon represents power and mystery and the blue flame is of power and in their case, magic.

I was thinking a deep green dragon twisted around a glowing blue flame. The dragon represents power and mystery and the blue flame is of power and in their case, magic.
Nice I like it. Alright I'll get started on my CS.

Irianne said:
@FloatingAroundSpace These dark marks that all our characters have... are they all over our bodies or just in certain places on certain people?
I pictured them as all over the body, save for the facial region and the hands. They look unique on each person, like fingerprints or ears (apparently ears are unique to every person, which is why mug-shots are taken side-ways so that the ear is visible), but they all cover the same parts of the body; limbs, torso, up to the neck and wrists. If I could art, I would show you but I can't art so it's a bit difficult. Basically tendril like black marks that cover pretty much most of the body save for the hands and face.

I pictured them as all over the body, save for the facial region and the hands. They look unique on each person, like fingerprints or ears (apparently ears are unique to every person, which is why mug-shots are taken side-ways so that the ear is visible), but they all cover the same parts of the body; limbs, torso, up to the neck and wrists. If I could art, I would show you but I can't art so it's a bit difficult. Basically tendril like black marks that cover pretty much most of the body save for the hands and face.
Okay, cool. Thanks! :)

OK so I'm almost down with the CS but I was wondering if the monarchs have a distinct appearance like brunette or blonde hair?

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]OK so I'm almost down with the CS but I was wondering if the monarchs have a distinct appearance like brunette or blonde hair?

[/QUOTE]
No, which is kind of going to make this tricky since they all have to appear related. I'll probably see how similar the characters look before choosing and then asking people to switch up face-claims or make up a text description that's different.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wondering the same thing, and also if you have a last name you'd like the royal family to use. Otherwise I suppose it's whatever the approved King picks?

Irianne said:
I was wondering the same thing, and also if you have a last name you'd like the royal family to use. Otherwise I suppose it's whatever the approved King picks?
It would probably be what the King picks. The people who end up in the royal family are going to have to discuss it further.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]I mean they could be blonde since no one else is. Makes them more different than the other characters.

[/QUOTE]
Blonde is technically a recessive trait so most people wouldn't have it either, which is kinda relief for me. Of course, the royal family is going to have to look alike (sans the Bride/Groom) but the other groups should be as diverse as possible to balance that out.

I guess I could make a princess/prince to set the bar?

I mean you don't have to. I'll just make my character have that hair color so you don't have to make another CS.

We haven't gotten a ton of interest in the royal family yet, so I'm going to have to see how this plays out. So far, I haven't met anyone on RPNation who would make too big a fuss over something like changing hair color or similarities.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]I mean you don't have to. I'll just make my character have that hair color so you don't have to make another CS.

[/QUOTE]
I'm also working on a royal, and I was leaning towards blonde too, so there'll be a couple of them pointing people towards that hair color.

Hey! Sorry I'm a little late to the party. School got in the way of my character making, but I should have my sheet up for review either today or tomorrow.

Ready to serve.

Finally finished my character, I made things somewhat vague timeline and area wise since I'm not quite sure about the details. How old are people usually when they're picked up by the Red Knights? Do the Knights have a barrack or a section of the palace to live in?

raspberryrose said:
Finally finished my character, I made things somewhat vague timeline and area wise since I'm not quite sure about the details. How old are people usually when they're picked up by the Red Knights? Do the Knights have a barrack or a section of the palace to live in?
My thought was that since a child born with strange markings would be seen as a bad omen, a rumor perpetrated and fostered by the royals, they would be set out to die or cause enough of a stir within a region to alert the Red Knights very early on. I would say that before the second year is normal unless the parents hide the child. If they're let's say a later child and other siblings are already in the family, they would get taken in faster since kids' mouths don't usually know when to stop and gossip is heard by everyone.

And yes, they live in a set of barracks fairly close to the castle.

QuestingBeast said:
Tarnation.
This nearly slipped my mind completely. I'll hash a character out soon as I am able!
Take your time with the character. No need to rush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back