• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

Thanks for the approval! xD

At what point would the rp be started? As in, is there a certain character minimum or when each position gets filled, etc.?

raspberryrose said:
Thanks for the approval! xD
At what point would the rp be started? As in, is there a certain character minimum or when each position gets filled, etc.?
I was hoping once the main positions of Grandmaster, Eyes, King, Queen, Heir and perhaps Bride/Groom. I'm leaving prince/princesses out because I wouldn't count them as terribly important.

@FloatingAroundSpace

Honestly worst case scenario I don't think A king and queen would be that important. I would say that the king died in some fashion. so the heir will take the throne. The queen could be alive or died years ago.The Rp can start when the king is decease and everyone receives word of it or the day of the coronation.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Robyn Banks

Hey, on a rather minor note, can I ask that for the rp you don't use blue text on a black background? It doesn't really matter for the CS but it is rather hard for me to read. Thank you!

raspberryrose said:
@Robyn Banks
Hey, on a rather minor note, can I ask that for the rp you don't use blue text on a black background? It doesn't really matter for the CS but it is rather hard for me to read. Thank you!
OK I can change it right now

Robyn Banks] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21016-floatingaroundspace/ said:
@FloatingAroundSpace[/URL]
Honestly worst case scenario I don't think A king and queen would be that important. I would say that the king died in some fashion. so the heir will take the throne. The queen could be alive or died years ago.The Rp can start when the king is decease and everyone receives word of it or the day of the coronation.
While that sounds like a good idea, I already had a jumping off point planned. I could have just a young king alongside a Bride/Groom but I would say that the ruling party needs to have been established.

raspberryrose said:
@FloatingAroundSpace

Can you give me a basic idea of where you plan to jump off?
The Yellow Crows are growing bold.

They appear like shadows in the streets, thieving from both commoners and royals, creating chaos and disarray. Some whisper that they are desperate, their numbers dwindling and their eyes growing duller. Some whisper that the royals have captured them, turned them prisoner and puppet and set them free to terrorize the public. Some say that perhaps they are growing dull, searching for excitement after a lengthy period of peace. After all, the royals have been quiet. Life has continued. There have been no massive burning of villages in quite a few years now, no stories of children born with markings of some devil being taken away by the Red Knights or disappearing in their cribs for nearly a decade now.

The sudden absence of new magic into the world concerns both the royals and the Crows. No new magic means no new legacy for either group and no new legacy means that there is now a rare opening to cripple the other to a degree they couldn't before. Killing all, if not the majority of the Crows would mean that there numbers would struggle to recover and it would buy the royals time to track them down and crush them into a bloody pulp. If, on the other hand, the Crows could win against the Red Knights, if would mean fewer guards to the prisoners and the crown. It would mean a door swinging open to the castle and the monarchy finally tumbling to the ground in blood and gold.

The Yellow Crows are growing bold.

That's the general idea, I'm still trying to polish up on it. Basically, there have been no magical children born for nearly a decade. If they have been born, they have been very well hidden (though I doubt that). It's essentially a drought of magic and it gives each side a time to strike at the other and hopefully cripple them while they will have difficulty recovering as their numbers have not grown and have instead dwindled as they continue cutting down one another. At this point, the Grandmaster would have garnered enough information to attempt a large-scale attack on the Red Knights.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
While that sounds like a good idea, I already had a jumping off point planned. I could have just a young king alongside a Bride/Groom but I would say that the ruling party needs to have been established.
Ok that's fine that was kind of a last resort if there isn't a king and/or queen.

hmmm.. I like it

another thing that I've seen a couple times is the eye color for the Yellow Crows? Do they all have yellow eyes? Does the magic affect their eyes or is yellow just a common color in the population? Speaking of magic, does using magic show any physical signs beyond the magic itself, as in, does it physically affect the body in any way?

raspberryrose said:
hmmm.. I like it
another thing that I've seen a couple times is the eye color for the Yellow Crows? Do they all have yellow eyes? Does the magic affect their eyes or is yellow just a common color in the population? Speaking of magic, does using magic show any physical signs beyond the magic itself, as in, does it physically affect the body in any way?
As yellow eyes is not a normal eye color for humans, I don't think anyone has listed yellow as their eye color. Has anyone? I looked back and I don't think anyone has.

Magic doesn't show any physical signs beyond the markings. It does wear people down so that's one physical effect if you use it to long; you'll look pretty gaunt and be on the verge of collapse/death.

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]... I would say that the king died in some fashion. so the heir will take the throne. The queen could be alive or died years ago. ...

[/QUOTE]
... I could have just a young king alongside a Bride/Groom ...
So... I wasn't going to mention this, but maybe it's worth bringing up so it can at least be clarified since you guys are both kinda talking as though it's assumed the KING would be the ruler by blood and not the Queen... If we've got typical Medieval sexism going on here, then shouldn't the heir be male? Male children come before females in the line of succession (even in modern times, though I admit I'm basing that entirely on England's monarchy). If all the royal children are female then the oldest may or may not have been the heir historically, depending on what period of history you use as reference, but if a female heir has a younger brother that's maybe a bit strange?

Even some of the Medieval queens who "ruled" in their own right were actually only co-rulers with their husband who was expected to actually handle things (Queen Mary I of England, Queen Isabella of Castile, Queen Mary II of England, etc.) so if we do have a female heir that could also be another angle you could play with with the Groom, if you wanted to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Irianne said:
So... I wasn't going to mention this, but maybe it's worth mentioning so it can at least be clarified since you guys are both kinda talking as though it's assumed the KING would be the ruler by blood and not the Queen... If we've got typical Medieval sexism going on here, then shouldn't the heir be male? Male children come before females in the line of succession (even in modern times, though I admit I'm basing that entirely on England's monarchy). If all the royal children are female then the oldest may or may not have been the heir historically, depending on what period of history you use as reference, but if a female heir has a younger brother that's maybe a bit strange?
Even Queen Mary I, who was England's first female monarch, was really only co-ruler with her husband, so that might also be another angle you could play with with the Groom, if you wanted to.
What you say makes sense. Of course the king will be seen as the one in control no matter what even if the heir is a woman so yeah I agree.

Irianne said:
So... I wasn't going to mention this, but maybe it's worth bringing up so it can at least be clarified since you guys are both kinda talking as though it's assumed the KING would be the ruler by blood and not the Queen... If we've got typical Medieval sexism going on here, then shouldn't the heir be male? Male children come before females in the line of succession (even in modern times, though I admit I'm basing that entirely on England's monarchy). If all the royal children are female then the oldest may or may not have been the heir historically, depending on what period of history you use as reference, but if a female heir has a younger brother that's maybe a bit strange?
Even some of the Medieval queens who "ruled" in their own right were actually only co-rulers with their husband who was expected to actually handle things (Queen Mary I of England, Queen Isabella of Castile, Queen Mary II of England, etc.) so if we do have a female heir that could also be another angle you could play with with the Groom, if you wanted to.
I touched on it in the Charter Sign-up thread that this would have classical medieval sexism ie fewer female Red Knights because female children would be killed and that the king would be the face of the monarchy more than the queen because the male has to be the strong one. However, I don't mind having the heir be female simply because I figured a monarchy based on magical power would put less emphasis on what gender the first child is and just want them to be strong. Once again, an RP so you gotta suspend your disbelief somewhere. The Groom would have to be groomed (no pun intended) to act like the leader even though it is the female heir's blood link if that makes sense.

I touched on it in the Charter Sign-up thread that this would have classical medieval sexism ie fewer female Red Knights because female children would be killed and that the king would be the face of the monarchy more than the queen because the male has to be the strong one. However, I don't mind having the heir be female simply because I figured a monarchy based on magical power would put less emphasis on what gender the first child is and just want them to be strong. Once again, an RP so you gotta suspend your disbelief somewhere. The Groom would have to be groomed (no pun intended) to act like the leader even though it is the female heir's blood link if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Because the future husband/wife of the heir will be chosen fairly early in life, the royals are careful to keep quiet about whether or not the heir is male or female. This has been tradition in Decucis and a grand ceremony is held when the male of the pair turns eighteen to crown him the heir. Even so, the one with the blood ties to the royal family is generally in control. The female heir may pull their husband's strings and the groom will be encouraged to listen to her and made more docile.
I just wanted to recognize this specifically cuz it's awesome. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back