• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Color Of Royalty OOC Chat

[QUOTE="Robyn Banks]So if you don't mind me asking. What's the update on this roleplay?

[/QUOTE]
Waiting for a king, queen, and heir still and a finished Eye.

You know when BBCode decides to not work with you and you're just like "haha.... wyd :) ))))))))"

Anyway, my CS is finished ayyy.

QuestingBeast said:
Tonight, if I manage to finish by then. Is what I have so far acceptable?
Well, to allow two Red Knights to copulate and have children is a bit of a stretch in my opinion. The Royals wouldn't want the Knights to be doing anything but training and a child born into the Red Knights would have been trained from birth with no extra privileges or such. I could imagine two Red Knights having a child but the Royals would be less than happy and if anything they'd clamp down on them to avoid something like that happening again.

Hmmm, not to seem argumentative, but I have difficulty wrapping my brain around that. Wouldn't they want Red Knight babies so that they'd have better control of the Order?

QuestingBeast said:
Hmmm, not to seem argumentative, but I have difficulty wrapping my brain around that. Wouldn't they want Red Knight babies so that they'd have better control of the Order?
Well up until 10 years ago, they had a fairly decent amount of babies found per year. I'd say around a dozen or so, one a month? My thought was that the Royals would think that is suffice enough for their purposes; too many Knights and they might find themselves unable to keep a handle on the individuals that they're using as pretty much living weapons. They have a regular army as well, it's just that the Knights are educated in magic and used as their special weapon and extended arm pretty much.

Also because they probably frown upon the Red Knights have intimate relations because that distracts them from their duties and also implies that they are creating relationships with one another. While they would encourage cooperation between Knights, I would assume that anything beyond that would essentially be "out of their control" and therefore frowned upon. Like they can't control contraception and given that they only support hetero unions, they wouldn't want a Knight out of the running for nine months because they had a child or a messy labor to deal with that could cause them to loose one of their members.

I see. Hmm, were I to change it to only his father being a Red Knight, would that fit better? Much of his same advantages would remain. Perhaps his mother was more of an assigned wife, too, to suit the Royals' authoritarian state.

Also, maybe the CS is done now. I'm shaken on how accurate my Writing Sample now is, but since it's only as a show of how I'll write the character, hopefully it'll suffice. I was imagining it as the usual medieval court dinner, wherein all the advisors and visitors are having their social time. I mean, everyone's gotta have some fun sometime, right?

QuestingBeast said:
I see. Hmm, were I to change it to only his father being a Red Knight, would that fit better? Much of his same advantages would remain. Perhaps his mother was more of an assigned wife, too, to suit the Royals' authoritarian state.
Also, maybe the CS is done now. I'm shaken on how accurate my Writing Sample now is, but since it's only as a show of how I'll write the character, hopefully it'll suffice. I was imagining it as the usual medieval court dinner, wherein all the advisors and visitors are having their social time. I mean, everyone's gotta have some fun sometime, right?
That would work, especially if there was a lull and the Royals gave him a wife to hopefully make a child with. Don't think too hard about what might have happened to her if she hadn't produced a magical child...

Alright, I'm actually going to bed (it's 1 in the morning and I have school) so I'll glance over it in the morning.

I wish to participate in this roleplay... But while I was looking through all the tabs and character applications, I noticed just how well, detailed and lengthy everyone's writing samples were...and I don't think it's something I can keep up with due to my lack of experience with very detailed roleplaying..

Should I perhaps come back when I have tried out other roleplays to practise how to write properly?

Dominaiscna said:
I wish to participate in this roleplay... But while I was looking through all the tabs and character applications, I noticed just how well, detailed and lengthy everyone's writing samples were...and I don't think it's something I can keep up with due to my lack of experience with very detailed roleplaying..
Should I perhaps come back when I have tried out other roleplays to practise how to write properly?
Yes, you should. While I like enthusiasm, I'd prefer if people had a good grasp on length and detail before they join so I don't have to end up rejecting them.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
Yes, you should. While I like enthusiasm, I'd prefer if people had a good grasp on length and detail before they join so I don't have to end up rejecting them.
Okay, understood then. I'll definitely be back when I've had some practise and gotten used to the details and such. Thanks for answering!

[QUOTE="Wandering Hollow]Well now. This certainly looks fun. May I have the honor of reserving the duty of the Red Knight's Shield?

[/QUOTE]
There's no need to reserve it! Multiple people can have the role.

FloatingAroundSpace said:
There's no need to reserve it! Multiple people can have the role.
Ah. Tis so! (I glanced over the slots and found that there can be multiple Shields. Ahahaha!) I shall craft a splendid CS and have it ready as soon as possible my good sir!

[QUOTE="Dreaming Elise]This looks really Interesting, I'd love to join (: When do you think the RP will start?

[/QUOTE]
When we get a queen or a heir and perhaps an Eye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back