• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

The Butterfly Effect.

Will you join in this deathly dance?

• Metamorphosis: I shall.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caterpillar: I shall not.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
NimbusTheCat said:
What was the joke? xD
SOUNDS FUCKIN GREAT.
*Doesn't feel right saying it*

Um..

Alex: TO THE FUCKING BEDROOM.

I am just gonna sugar coat it..it was worse, trust me.

WHOO WHOO ETERNAL DAMNATION.

*Drags you to hell*

Last edited by a moderator:
AbstractAnnabella said:
*Doesn't feel right saying it*
Um..

Alex: TO THE FUCKING BEDROOM.

I am just gonna sugar coat it..it was worse, trust me.

WHOO WHOO ETERNAL DAMNATION.

*Drags you to hell*
HAH. ALEX WHAT THE FUCK? xD

I...I don't want to know. Thank you.

HELL YEA-

Wait.

WHAT.

THIS IS NOT WHAT I ANTICIPATED. *tries to drag self out of hell*

NimbusTheCat said:
HAH. ALEX WHAT THE FUCK? xD
I...I don't want to know. Thank you.

HELL YEA-

Wait.

WHAT.

THIS IS NOT WHAT I ANTICIPATED. *tries to drag self out of hell*
HE'S FUCKING STUPID.

*Shifts uncomfortably*

Alex: (:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)

NO, NO YOU DON'T.

ME AND LUCIFER HAD A FUCKING DEAL.

*Pushes you down*

AbstractAnnabella said:
HE'S FUCKING STUPID.
*Shifts uncomfortably*

Alex: (:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)(:3)

NO, NO YOU DON'T.

ME AND LUCIFER HAD A FUCKING DEAL.

*Pushes you down*
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU ON THAT. BUT IT'S THE FUNNY KIND OF STUPID.

Was...was it really that bad?

*screams and falls back into hell*

I FUCKING TRUSTED YOU.

AbstractAnnabella said:
THE BEST KIND OF STUPID THERE IS..I keep on watching this shit I showed you and I can't fucking breathe:
http://2new1.fjcdn.com/movies/Behind_1233cf_5721800.mp4

Yes.

Just..

Yes.

THAT'S WHAT YOUR ASS GETS FOR HAVING HIS FUCKING PHONE NUMBER.

HAVE PHONE WITH SATAN.
TRULY.

I'm fucking dying. I remember this shit. How is he fuckinf driving like that? Just. Goals.

Aight man.

I won't ask.

I TRIED TO DELETE IT BUT YOU IMPEDED ME.

FUCK YOUR FUCKING PHONE PUNS MAN.

GET ME THE FUCK OUT.

NimbusTheCat said:
TRULY.
I'm fucking dying. I remember this shit. How is he fuckinf driving like that? Just. Goals.

Aight man.

I won't ask.

I TRIED TO DELETE IT BUT YOU IMPEDED ME.

FUCK YOUR FUCKING PHONE PUNS MAN.

GET ME THE FUCK OUT.
And then the cop is like:

What the fuck, man?

Goood..

Good..

NO.

FUCK YOU.

NO.

APOLOGIZE.

Mordecai Lester

{The Butterfly}

35dcby9.jpg

(And I thought my last one was short. This one is as fucking short as I am.)

Mordecai followed Iris into the living room, cup in hand, and positioned himself beside her on the couch, close but not close enough to encroach upon her personal boundaries. What made him so sheepish all of a sudden? It was as if each was afraid to touch the other, for fear of creating uncomfortability, and this was undeniably obsurd, considering that the two of them had shared a bed the night prior. Perhaps it was the newness of the concept. Engaging in personal conversation was something that he Iris must have been as unfamiliar with as he was. The man could not help but chuckle at the psychiatrist's humorous remark, feeling the awkwardness in the air dissipate slightly. Before responding, he brought the mug to his lips - the scent of it had become too much to resist, and it reminded him of how long he had gone without it - sighing in contentment at the sweetness of the liquid as it passed over his tongue.

"So then, tell me darling. Who is Iris Mason, besides a psychiatrist and a sociopath? And a lovely one at that, mind you. What is it that you enjoy, both to do and in general? What excites you? Is there anything that you despise, or that never fails to aggravate you to the highest degree? Tell me anything and everything that comes to mind, love, as long as you are comfortable with sharing it. I wish to know all that I can about you."

parole-script.demo.png

tumblr_n9rg38pB7r1s5cvpuo1_500.jpg

I fall in love with you every single day.
Ed Sheeran

Iris certainly hadn't been expecting that many questions. She smiled over the rim of her cup, shaking her head as she took in Mordecai's inquiries, he was such a lovely man and it was surprising to think that this was the same man capable of committing a crime. It was adorable in its own discreet way and she loved that about him although she couldn't voice this correctly at the moment. Sitting her cup on the edge of the table, Iris ran a hand through her hair before thinking, this was going to be difficult to answer at once. Very well, she would do it like this. "My name is Iris Mason, I am 26 years of age, I am a psychologist as well as a consultant with the F.B.I, I am bisexual, and I am approximately 5'11, 124 lbs. I like calligraphy, I share an intrigue with Japanese architecture, I like rain on Sunday mornings, I find cartoons to still be funny especially Tom and Jerry, I am a sucker for anything that involves caramel, and I absolutely love indie movies. I dislike pompous people, having to fill out a shitload of paperwork, the sound of car horns, being woken up early, and talking to someone who is only concerned about themselves. My hobbies include writing, telling people if they're insane or if it's just constipation, and I dabble in calligraphy just a bit. I am also unequivocally, utterly, and wholly in love with Mordecai Lester--" Iris paused momentarily, thinking her statement over to make sure she hadn't neglected to recall something. "That's about it, I hope I answered everything. Now it's your turn to answer my questions, Mr. Lester, any interests? Hobbies? Fears? Likes? Dislikes? Things you regret doing? Things you don't regret doing? I want to know everything about you as well."

It was..different. They had never done this before, it was shocking to even be able to wrap her head around this. It was the most comfortable she had ever been with someone and that was saying something.

{SHORT ASS POST AGAIN.}

I saw the song and immediately broke out into the world's most huge-ass grin.

I love Iris.

So fucking much.

Also:

"...telling people if they're insane or if it's just constipation..."

That line killed me. xD

NimbusTheCat said:
I saw the song and immediately broke out into the world's most huge-ass grin.
I love Iris.

So fucking much.

Also:

"...telling people if they're insane or if it's just constipation..."

That line killed me. xD
I had to. Couldn't resist the Sheeran.

Alex likes to fuck around with the song when something isn't working.

*Lights flicker*

Alex: When your lights don't work like they used to before.

I love you.

Iris loves you.

I also had to do this.
xD

Mordecai Lester

*The Butterfly*

z6edw.jpg

[media]
[/media]

Mordecai listened intently as Iris spoke, determined to commit to memory every precious syllable. Every little detail contained a seperate piece of the enigmatic puzzle that was Iris Mason, and he wished to hang on to each and every one. The woman was utterly and undeniably perfect, just the right mixture of young and sophisticated, wise and charmingly naïve. For anyone else, these qualities may have been a stark contradiction, but with her they fit together in the most seamless of ways, all coming together to form a being who was just so entirely human, someone who most certainly didn't seem to belong living a life full of danger and anxiety, and definitely not being in love with a killer. That particular statement, when it was spoken to him so sincerely, brought the slightest tinge of pink to his cheeks, one that Mordecai was thankful to realize that Iris probably could not see. The way in which she was able to do that sort of thing to him, to reduce him to an emotional embarrassment, served as a clear reminder that there was more to her than met the eye.

"You answered wonderfully, my dear," he assured her, unsure of how to sum up everything that he was feeling as he lowered his cup into his lap, clasped tightly in his hands. Now came the difficult part; speaking of himself. The thought of opening up caused him to freeze up momentarily, which was terribly ridiculous. Iris already knew a great deal about him, and rightfully so. He could tell her about his personal attributes. She had told him of hers.

"Right. I hope you don't mind if I answer in the same manner as yourself. I am Mordecai Lester. I am 24 years old. I am an interior decorator by trade and an arsonist by design. I, too, am bisexual, though I tend to gravitate more towards men. I am significantly shorter than yourself - which I find mildly degrading - at 5'8", but also fourteen pounds heavier, which leads me to believe that it might be in my best interest to look into losing some weight. I enjoy immersing myself in studies of art and religion - Kandinsky the most notable of the former and the Puritans, as you may already know, of the latter - windy days, any type of food containing copious amounts of sugar; I do a great deal of cooking - generally, I won't eat something unless I've made it. Call it a pet peeve, I guess. - and I find fireworks to be absolutely fascinating. I fear opening myself up, the ocean, and the dark. I believe in a God, but I do not fear him. I dislike dogs, especially those that bark constantly; pushy and invasive people; garden-variety idiots; anything to do with mathematics or the sciences has ever been my strong suit; and I tend to shy away from television as a whole and all forms of social media. As for regrets, I can't say that I have many of those. There is only one thing that I find myself constantly wishing that I had not done, but it is not something that I tend to speak about. Recently, it has become glaringly obvious that the most charming, beautiful, compassionate and sophisticated of women, one by the name of Iris Mason, has taken it upon herself to take possession of my heart...And that appears to be all. I've rambled on quite enough, I believe."

It was odd. Once he had started to divulge information to her, it became progressively easier to continue, until he found himself speaking freely without realizing it. It was undeniable how greatly he trusted Iris, and how comfortable around her. Still, Mordecai found himself feeling slightly reserved in the silence that followed.

(I call this post "Use A Large Font So It Looks Like More Than It Actually Is")

FIRST OF ALL, I LOVE THIS SONG SO FUCKING SCORE.

MORDY DOES NOT NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT, THIS POST WAS FUCKING ADORABLE.

OH MY GOD AND IT WAS A LOT SO SHUSH.

parole-script.demo.png

tumblr_n9rg38pB7r1s5cvpuo1_500.jpg

She hadn't known most of this which was certainly disappointing to say the least although she was glad Mordecai was willing to expel information to her, it wasn't often that they got the time to simply speak with each other. She took in every word, reveling in his comforting tone and the way he seemed to make her feel safe..as if he would always be there even when he wasn't. She smiled at his closing statement, chuckling in bemusement before trying to sum up a response. She noticed the brief silence and did her best to rid herself of the growing awkwardness, it was hilarious how it felt akin to their first meeting rather than small talk. "I don't think you need to lose weight, you're perfect the way you are if no one has told you..I am sorry I have not asked for your interests earlier, I believe it will make things a lot better now. If I had known that it would be this easy, I would have done it earlier." There was another moment of silence before Iris leaned over and pecked Mordecai on the cheek, returning to her original position before focusing on the cooling cup of cocoa. "Kandinsky has always been quite an intriguing artist...what made you so enraptured with Puritans?" It was a random question although Iris was truly interested.

It was unique to see that Mordecai believed in anything pertaining to religion, he had hinted at it however it had never come to light. She pictured Mordecai being seated in alter, it was a wondrous sight but it wasn't unbelievable. Mordecai was the master of surprises as long as she was concerned, he had managed to exceed every expectation and surpass her standards set for him, she couldn't help but be glad that this was true. Somewhere, somehow, some funny little event had caused her to meet the man at the right time and although it was obvious that they were both conflicted...perhaps it was for the best. People weren't able to have the good without the bad and Mordecai had remained civil so far, Iris was glad although something in the back of her mind told her that it possibly wouldn't last. She was somewhat alarmed to find that she did not mind this at all. Clearing her throat, Iris grinned. This was going to be more awkward than she had expected.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mordecai Lester

*The Butterfly*

z6edw.jpg

Easy. Yes, that was what it was. This new realization was, at first, difficult to grasp, but the more Mordecai thought about it, the more he was able to come to terms with just how readily he was able to share with Iris every little thing about himself, with no need for the privacy that he once clung to like a lifeline. That did not mean, however, that their exchange did not come without its share of uncomfortabilities. Though speaking the words was easy enough, thinking of the right thing to say was an entirely different story. It was as if the two of them were a newly established couple out on a first date, trying too hard to make the right impression. It was a new experience for Mordecai, a challenging one, but not one that he was entirely unhappy with. It was something that he supposed the two of them were just going to have to get used to.

The man couldn't help but smile at the feeling of Iris's lips upon his cheek. Consolidating the hold on his mug to a single hand, he made the executive decision, after a great deal of convincing from a quiet voice in his head, to move closer to the woman so that he was nearly pressed up against her side. He fervently hoped that she would not mind; he simply felt the need to be closer to her.

"You have nothing to apologize for, love. We have both been rather...preoccupied, as of late. And I haven't exactly been the most approachable man in the world."

It did strike him as peculiar, though. How could two people have known each other for so many days and know hardly a thing about each other? Then again, they were peculiar people, and besides, they were making up for it now, weren't they? With this on his mind, Mordecai took another sip at his drink before attempting to formulate a response to Iris's latest question.

"As for the Puritans...I suppose that I became interested in them at a fairly young age. I was introduced to them by one of the men who was hired to teach me about American history. My parents were staunch Christians - a fact that they mainly used to demonize me, truth be told - and the idea of a merciful and loving God was one that I was never able to fully wrap my head around. But the Puritan belief in God as a wrathful, vengeful deity who derives enjoyment from making people suffer for their earthly sins in the most ultimate way possible, that was something that I could comprehend. Their ideology also provided me with a new way of thinking that I had never considered before then. If everyone was damned to hell, then what difference existed between myself and all the other sinners of the world? And, in the same effect, if I was already damned, then what was to keep me from doing as I pleased? In a way, I suppose, I saw it as a bit of a challenge, to test the patience of this "angry" God."

Once Mordecai had finished speaking, he paused to reflect upon his words, coming to the realization that he had once again managed to turn the conversation to a topic of the darker variety. Clearing his throat and taking another long sip of his drink, he made an attempt to lighten the mood once more.

"You mentioned having a lingering interest in cartoons, especially one called 'Tom and Jerry.' You must excuse me; I am entirely unfamiliar with such things. Would you mind explaining to me the basic concept?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back