• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Beginning of the End

Tom watched the road with Scarlet, he tried to talk quietly to let the kids in the back sleep, "So uh, are you and Jenna gonna get your own house? I mean, I'm sure Me and the boys could use a womanly touch around our house... You two could have your room or whatever..."

Jenna looks down at him and smiles a bit. "Of course you can... Sleep well Carl." She said softly while stroking his hair.

Scarlet glanced at him briefly. "I don't know... I'll have to ask Jenna... And I wouldn't want to make the boys uncomfortable if we did..." She said while looking at the road again.

Carl snuggled up to her, listening closely to the conversation that went on. He was drifting off quickly, but he was going to get the last word in before he drifted off. With a yawn he said something in a voice that was close to a whisper. ".. I don't mind if you stay with us..." He smiled and then lied down on the seat a little, remaining slouched against Jenna.

Jenna smiles a slightly while stroking his hair. "I think she's just worried about Eric being okay with it bud..." She said while yawning a bit.

Scarlet nods slightly while focusing on the road. "Yeah.."

"Yeah... I'll have a talk with him about it, but if he is okay with it, you two wouldn't mind?" Tom looked at Scarlet then at Jenna, "you two could have the master room and what not, the three of us could share the other rooms..."

Scarlet focusing on the road. "I don't know... For now it will just be me and Jenna... We'll stay next to you thought." She said as she looked at him. Jenna nods slightly, slowly nodding off.

"Yeah I guess that makes sense." Tom yawned a little, but tried to stay awake. "I hate cars. I was in a bad accident once, hated driving since, but it's a necessity." He was trying to keep conversation.

Alex looked in the rear-view mirror at Caitlyn. He didn't ask her if she needed anything before they left the mall, seeing as they were in such a rush. He took a deep breath as he refocused his eyes to the road. ".. Caitlyn, sweetheart... You need the bathroom or anything? I didn't get the chance to ask you before we left - we can stop, if you need to." He said softly. (@DryPunishment)

"No...I don't need to pee. I did some time ago."

She was rocking her legs again while looking at the monkey.

After some time she asked.

"Are we there yet?"

(@DrTrollinski I couldn't resist.)

".. Okay... No, little one... We're not there just yet. Not too much longer, okay? We'll be able to have some hot food for once when we get there." He smiled. "You want a snack and something to drink now? I've got some stuff with us." He offered. (@DryPunishment)

Tom looks at Scarlet. "Well... Fuck... Now I feel like an asshole, I'm so sorry." He sighed "I'll just shut up and stare out the window now." He started to bite his nails, it's a habit he stopped as a teenager, but picked up after deployments. It showed his stress.

"Mhm...I'm thirsty."

She was a little thirsty since they left,but she didn't say anything. It didn't feel too important at the time.

@DrTrollinski

".. Okay." Alex slowed down a little and used one hand to reach down behind his feet into a plastic bag he had there. He pulled out a bottle of water and a candy bar as well. He held his hand over into the back and smiled. ".. There you go, Cait. That should keep you going." He said softly. (@DryPunishment)

--

'How depressing.' Eric thought to himself. He wasn't really asleep just yet. He felt like he was in limbo, or in a coma of some sort. He was so drowsy and tired and weak that he couldn't even bring himself to open his eyes and look around. His head was pounding and his gut and stomach were sore from the purging that the illness had put onto him. He didn't say a thing, and he was happy to be warm again even though his clothes were the slightest bit damn from the rain. Carl had fallen asleep now. He was leaned against Jenna with one arm around her, while his other hand was up - he was sucking his thumb, and it looked pretty cute. Carl was good at looking like that. Regardless, he was fast asleep now. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

She took the water bottle and then noticed the candy bar,then her face pulled up into a smile.

"Thanks!"

Caitlyn drank some water and put it by her side. After that she started munching on the candy bar.

@DrTrollinski

Jenna looks at Eric while letting carl hug her arm as she carefully moves and kisses Eric's forehead swiftly. "I hope you rest well..." She said as she settled back down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom blinked a few times, "man, how far away is this place? I thought Alex said it was close?" He frowned and kept chewing in his nails

(@Soul OMU - Carl* I'll move things on now.)

--

It took maybe another twenty-five minutes to get there. Alex lead the convoy into the town and he slowed down the car he was in. Like Alex had said previously, the place was dead. It was quiet and spotless, with not a single dried pool of blood, burnt out car, or broken house window in sight. It was like a tropical paradise. The houses were all different in size, some of them being single floors, some being one floor, and others being two. Some being wide, and others being more trailer-size. This place was untouched. Alex lead the convoy down and parked in the parking lot on the side of a place called 'Ed's Diner'.

"We're here, Caitlyn." He looked over at her in the back and smiled.

Carl slowly awoke as the Range Rover came to a stop. He looked around. This place was unbroken. He was amazed and excited but also scared at the same time. ".. I--.. Are we there?" He asked. (@DryPunishment, @Soul OMU, @october_rain, @DrCompton)

--

(@Beowulf - Sundown. You can post something on our side if you wish.)

Tom gets out and looks around, "this is fucking creepy." He frowned at the normality of the place because it was so foreign to him now. "I'm guessing the chef is in here?" Tom looked over at Alex

Alex shook Hunter's shoulder gently to wake her up and then got out; he went to the back and unstrapped Caitlyn, followed by picking her up and setting her down on the ground beside him; he held her right hand with his left and then nodded at Tom. "Last seen, yeah." He said with a half smile. (@Soul OMU, @DrCompton)

Hunter gives a grunt and slowly wakes. "...could have left me in the car..." She said as she got out. Scarlet got out as well, making sure Jenna was alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back