• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shirou Emiya's Smithing Shop - OOC

How is that even a statement.

The Nasuverse is pretty much the only thing I'm a huge fan of, so I'll argue this for days, lol. I'm not sure where you got the idea that the Fate series (And Other Nasuverse works) disregard it's magic system from...?

Maybe since its just that my guy is a Master, so the magic will pretty much do jack squat to Servants... but I am having some fun with thinking of what my Ghoul can do...

How is that even a statement.

The Nasuverse is pretty much the only thing I'm a huge fan of, so I'll argue this for days, lol. I'm not sure where you got the idea that the Fate series (And Other Nasuverse works) disregard it's magic system from...?

How much spotlight did the intricacies of the magic system get in F/Z? What about Apocrypha? SF? Extella? I'm sorry but facts are facts, the magic system plays no role in any story outside of the original FSN and even in FSN it's literally just "I'll give you this so you actually have mana you mana-less pleb". You can like the system, but don't lie and pretend it's relevant within the Fate franchise.

How much spotlight did the intricacies of the magic system get in F/Z? What about Apocrypha? SF? Extella? I'm sorry but facts are facts, the magic system plays no role in any story outside of the original FSN and even in FSN it's literally just "I'll give you this so you actually have mana you mana-less pleb". You can like the system, but don't lie and pretend it's relevant within the Fate franchise.

If it is so inconsequential, why does the Wiki have Paragraphs on each and every single Master's magical abilities? Shiki Tohno from Melty Blood and Kariya Matou from Fate/Zero look quite interesting to me!

If it is so inconsequential, why does the Wiki have Paragraphs on each and every single Master's magical abilities? Shiki Tohno from Melty Blood and Kariya Matou from Fate/Zero look quite interesting to me!

Because it's just background stuff. It doesn't actually matter in any of the stories. A lot of stuff in fate exists in the background and is almost entirely ignored within the stories themselves. Magic crests exist, magic circuits exist, mystic codes exist, but the extent of these things in the actual stories is basically "The heart of a magus' magic" or "how much mana they have" or "fancy special abilities nobody else has". It's very generic and basic and easy to understand stuff that gets fluffed up out the ass outside of the actual stories.

That's why you shouldn't worry about it. Focus only on the practical implementation of these things since it's that practical implementation that's actually relevant. Everything else exists solely so people can argue about it on forums.

Uh.

A lot of the magic system has importance in the Extra series, although Extella was pretty plot light, lol.
I'll give you Apocrypha, but that's more so due to the focus of the story.

In the original visual novel, the magic system is pretty important in both UBW and Heavens feel. Though I wonder if you've only seen/played the first route from that statement...?

In the other Nasuverse works, (Tsukhime and Mahoutsukai no Yoru) are pretty damn detailed about magic and stuff (Though Mahoutsukai no Yoru moreso, since Tsukihime is more preoccupied with other world-building THAT TIES INTO THE ENTIRE MAGIC SYSTEM.)

KnK is pretty heavy on the magic system in some ways.

I'm only reading the translation of case files but it's also pretty heavy on magic since it doesn't feature a servant heavy story and such.

I'm not sure why you're saying it's so inconsequential when magic is a huge core of the Nasuverse itself, and I'm also not sure why you're being so abrasive?

Actually, Hell. Even PRISMA FREAKING ILLYA has a lot of stuff about the magic system going on!
Could I get a few examples please?
Also, things like THIS is why I am trying to understand, because it just looks god damn beautiful (Spoilers! Possible Spoilers!)

Uh.

A lot of the magic system has importance in the Extra series, although Extella was pretty plot light, lol.
I'll give you Apocrypha, but that's more so due to the focus of the story.

In the original visual novel, the magic system is pretty important in both UBW and Heavens feel. Though I wonder if you've only seen/played the first route from that statement...?

In the other Nasuverse works, (Tsukhime and Mahoutsukai no Yoru) are pretty damn detailed about magic and stuff (Though Mahoutsukai no Yoru moreso, since Tsukihime is more preoccupied with other world-building THAT TIES INTO THE ENTIRE MAGIC SYSTEM.)

KnK is pretty heavy on the magic system in some ways.

I'm only reading the translation of case files but it's also pretty heavy on magic since it doesn't feature a servant heavy story and such.

I'm not sure why you're saying it's so inconsequential when magic is a huge core of the Nasuverse itself, and I'm also not sure why you're being so abrasive?

Existing =/= relevant or important. You mentioned UBW but how much spotlight did all the little intricate details have in that? The answer is none. It was just "Emiya you have shit mana so take my crest so you actually have mana". It's super basic stuff. You're so focused on all the details that are never featured in any fate story. I don't care about the wiki, I care about the stories. As that is what a roleplay is, a story. Why should our story be beholden to wiki inanity when every other fate story isn't? If you want to be super detailed and focus on all the irrelevant details from the wiki, go ahead, I'm not stopping you. But there's no reason everyone should have to, especially since they will NEVER be relevant to the roleplay. I'd rather actually be able to post and actually roleplay then sit there twiddling my thumbs as people spend their time working on things that will never come into play.

I don't know much about the rest of the nasuverse and don't really care. However I know plenty about Fate. And all the little details of magic have never been, and likely never will be, relevant to Fate. They exist in the stories, but all the little minor details never come up. As with the UBW example a simple 1 sentence explanation explains everything you need to know about the relevance of the magic system in that route. This holds true for every story in Fate.

Could I get a few examples please?
Also, things like THIS is why I am trying to understand, because it just looks god damn beautiful (Spoilers! Possible Spoilers!)

Let me give you a TL;DR version of the magic system, the same version you see in every fate story.

Magic circuits = your mana. The more circuits and the higher quality circuits you have, the more mana and the more potent mana you have. That's it. It's just your mana pool.

Magic Crests = the heart of your magecraft. It contains the knowledge of the magecraft studied and is passed down through families so each new generation can build on this knowledge. This is basically what dictates the type of magic you use. Think of this as the FTF asking what type of magic you used. It can also be given to other people or taken from you. Without this crest your ability to use magic is seriously diminished.

Mystic Codes = special unique abilities that are fancy and powerful.

Mystic codes rarely come up in Fate so you only really need to focus on the first two. Just say how much mana you have and what kind of magic you use and that's all you need. Anything past that is just optional stuff you can choose to throw on if the GM allows it.

Let me give you a TL;DR version of the magic system, the same version you see in every fate story.

Magic circuits = your mana. The more circuits and the higher quality circuits you have, the more mana and the more potent mana you have. That's it. It's just your mana pool.

Magic Crests = the heart of your magecraft. It contains the knowledge of the magecraft studied and is passed down through families so each new generation can build on this knowledge. This is basically what dictates the type of magic you use. Think of this as the FTF asking what type of magic you used. It can also be given to other people or taken from you. Without this crest your ability to use magic is seriously diminished.

Mystic Codes = special unique abilities that are fancy and powerful.

Mystic codes rarely come up in Fate so you only really need to focus on the first two. Just say how much mana you have and what kind of magic you use and that's all you need. Anything past that is just optional stuff you can choose to throw on if the GM allows it.
Mystic Codes are special unique abilities? Sorry, what? You're spreading misinformation.
Mystic Codes come up rarely? Wow. We've got an "expert" over here.

Your lack of thought about the magic system is incredibly simplistic for someone that chose the Caster class.

Mystic Codes are special unique abilities? Sorry, what? You're spreading misinformation.
Mystic Codes come up rarely? Wow. We've got an "expert" over here.

Your lack of thought about the magic system is incredibly simplistic for someone that chose the Caster class.

How many times have mystic codes shown up in Fate stories.

I'm not gonna argue this for ages because I have to eat, but yeah. That's definitely not how Mystic codes work.

How many times have mystic codes shown up in Fate stories.
Plenty?

In Fate/Zero:
  • Kiritsugu's Thompson Contender.
  • Kayneth's Mercury Ball-thingy.
  • All Noble Phantasms are practically Mystic Codes enhanced with legendary concepts and attributes.
In Fate/SN:
  • ALL of Rin's Jewels.
  • Shinji's book-thingy that he used to hold Sakura's Command Seals and use them for himself.
  • As above.

Plenty?

In Fate/Zero:
  • All Noble Phantasms are practically Mystic Codes enhanced with legendary concepts and attributes.
In Fate/SN:
  • ALL of Rin's Jewels.
  • Shinji's book-thingy that he used to hold Sakura's Command Seals and use them for himself.
  • As above.
And there's plenty more examples. I can keep going if you want.

Plenty?

In Fate/Zero:
In Fate/SN:
  • ALL of Rin's Jewels.
  • As above.

Don't forget Tokomi's jeweled staff in Fate/Zero

Plenty?

In Fate/Zero:
In Fate/SN:
  • ALL of Rin's Jewels.
  • As above.
All the others, yes. Are you sure about Kayneth though?

And the rest of the Nasuverse has a ton mentioned...

Mystic codes are things that supplement the users magecraft, not magic abilites

Rin's gems definitely aren't mystic codes. They're just a material component for her family's type of magecraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back