• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shirou Emiya's Smithing Shop - OOC

I'm not a sadist!

I don't think.

Want to get some rope and test it?

The Nasuverse has one of the best thought-out magic systems in a lot of stuff, it's good to read about it! Fun! Fun reading!

I'm not a sadist!

I don't think.

The Nasuverse has one of the best thought-out magic systems in a lot of stuff, it's good to read about it! Fun! Fun reading!

I'll have to pass.

I'm not a masochist. Sorry.

Again, no thanks!! I think I know what Christina will specialize in though

In RP people over-think the magic system. It really boils down to "I have shit/mediocre/decent/normal/great/godlike mana and shoot fireballs at people" Done and done.

I'm not a sadist!

I don't think.

Fun but long and confusing at times if you don't study it like the bloody bible!
Its like trying to read the Books of Sorrow... ( If anyone cares understand the reference, I will like it to u

Magic systems are one of the coolest parts of a roleplay! Properly balancing and thinking them out so they DON'T Just become that is a huge part of making a good one.

I have some really good magic systems stored somewhere around here...

Magic systems are one of the coolest parts of a roleplay! Properly balancing and thinking them out so they DON'T Just become that is a huge part of making a good one.

I have some really good magic systems stored somewhere around here...

Not worth it if it means people are being held back from RPing.

Magic Circuits are pretty straightforward.

Rate Circuit Quality from E to EX.
Rate Circuit Quantity from E to EX. C is roughly 20 Magic Circuits.
Classify Circuit Composition. (as it says: Normal, Varied, Unique, etc.)

Magecraft is also straightforward. What your character specializes in when it comes to casting spells. Does he focus on Necromancy? Maybe Bounded Fields? Formalcraft? Reinforcement? Projection? Mind Alteration? Etc.

Mystic Codes are tools made by magi that have a certain effect. It could be a magical sword, or binoculars with heat vision.
Sorcery Traits are special abilities that are related to magic, passed onto a magus from his parents.
Mystic Eyes are a type of Sorcery Traits.

I'd avoid inhuman Masters, but you can make a Dead Apostle or two if you feel like it. Magic Crests are tattoos engraved onto the head of a magi family that act as a repository of knowledge.
I wouldn't call any of that straightforward. The only part of this explanation that'd make sense to someone uninitiated with Nasuverse shittery is the explanation on mystic codes.

Just open up the super power wiki, random a page, and say that's your magic with A rank magic circuits. Done.

If a good magic system and a bit of thinking holds people back, then they shouldn't join a roleplay with one.
I agree! I love when there's complex systems like this. While I'm more of a character person and put all my focus on that, I love working on magic and whatnot. Fate is great with this and even though it's complicated I love reading about it. Same for To Aru.

Please don't do that.

Way better than stressing over stuff that will never be relevant to the RP and prolonging the time it takes to make your master and thus the time it takes to summon your servant and thus the time it takes to actually RP.

A good magic system should enhance character building and roleplaying, not detract from it at all.

Especially for a roleplay so based around magic systems and such like a Nasuverse roleplay >.>.

Just open up the super power wiki, random a page, and say that's your magic with A rank magic circuits. Done.
... No. RPing is all about the details, whether it be characters or magic systems. If you can't dedicate yourself to learning a bit then these kind of RP's aren't for a person.

Way better than stressing over stuff that will never be relevant to the RP and prolonging the time it takes to make your master and thus the time it takes to summon your servant and thus the time it takes to actually RP.

I'd like to give the hope of this roleplay being good, and therefor hope said things are relevant. Considering in the Nasuverse magic is very relevant to a characters, and is very different in general between individuals.

... No. RPing is all about the details, whether it be characters or magic systems. If you can't dedicate yourself to learning a bit then these kind of RP's aren't for a person.

Wasting time learning about inconsequential stuff that literally never comes up in RP and holding everyone back in the process isn't something that should be the gold standard.
I'd like to give the hope of this roleplay being good, and therefor hope said things are relevant. Considering in the Nasuverse magic is very relevant to a characters, and is very different in general between individuals.

Even in Fate itself the magic system isn't relevant. If their own stories don't give a fuck about the inane details what makes you think a forum RP will?

Even in Fate itself the magic system isn't relevant. If their own stories don't give a fuck about the inane details what makes you think a forum RP will?

How is that even a statement.

The Nasuverse is pretty much the only thing I'm a huge fan of, so I'll argue this for days, lol. I'm not sure where you got the idea that the Fate series (And Other Nasuverse works) disregard it's magic system from...?

Wasting time learning about inconsequential stuff that literally never comes up in RP and holding everyone back in the process isn't something that should be the gold standard.

Patience is a valuable skill for RPing. Plus, small details are what make roleplaying so much fun. You already know this, but I don't like your attitude or approach to this at all as you seem to disregard anything that isn't the battles and seem so focused on that aspect, and if this was my RP you'd be out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back