• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Shirou Emiya's Smithing Shop - OOC

...I finally understand this now...
I was already in a FATE RP, and I got tagged here. I thought it was the same one for a second, I apologize.. give me a second..
And all I got in my inbox was a tag from a CHAT.I apologize for getting CONFUSED.
I'll make the god damn Master
That's okay dude. No problem XD.

I'm sorry, we both created a huge misunderstanding.

Not really. Unless the servants themselves had a way of mitigating the upkeep cost there's no magus capable of supporting multiples. Even Illya, with probably the highest mana pool in all of Fate, couldn't support another servant on top of Berserker.

That's the key factor, if the servant themselves can mitigate the upkeep that's another story. Caster could join any other team since they wouldn't put strain on the master, as an example. But I don't think any other servant in the RP has ways of mitigating the upkeep.
Actually, the grail manages most of the servant upkeep. You just can't use multiple servants in their physical form at full power at the same time. Unless you are okay severely limiting their strength in the process, that is, at which point, you gotta wonder why you should have more than one .

Not really. Unless the servants themselves had a way of mitigating the upkeep cost there's no magus capable of supporting multiples. Even Illya, with probably the highest mana pool in all of Fate, couldn't support another servant on top of Berserker.

That's the key factor, if the servant themselves can mitigate the upkeep that's another story. Caster could join any other team since they wouldn't put strain on the master, as an example. But I don't think any other servant in the RP has ways of mitigating the upkeep.
You have no evidence to support your statement about Illya. Plus, if she didn't have Berserker I don't doubt she could. And don't even get me started on other characters not from Fate.

Actually, the grail manages most of the servant upkeep. You just can't use multiple servants in their physical form at full power at the same time. Unless you are okay severely limiting their strength in the process, that is.
"While Kirei holds simultaneous contracts with both Lancer and Gilgamesh, he is not capable of supplying sufficient energy for both, nor was he able to provide energy for Gilgamesh during the ten-year period between the Wars. He can still handle a single Servant with his own abilities, but Lancer's backup from his Master is lacking compared to others, and like other insufficient Masters, his contract with Gilgamesh lowers several of Gilgamesh's attributes. It is impossible for most Masters to sustain a Servant outside of the Holy Grail War because the support from the power of the Grail reduces much of the burden that supplying magical energy for the Servant would cause."

Actually, the grail manages most of the servant upkeep. You just can't use multiple servants in their physical form at full power at the same time. Unless you are okay severely limiting their strength in the process, that is.

That's the point. Servants require huge upkeep cost that even with the grail shouldering the brunt of it the remaining upkeep is still so vast no normal magus could sustain two servants.

That's the point. Servants require huge upkeep cost that even with the grail shouldering the brunt of it the remaining upkeep is still so vast no normal magus could sustain two servants.
Plus, we aren't talking about normal Magus', nor about keeping them at full power.

Being Honest here - Some of these things make LITTLE sense to me since I'm not really into the anime that much ( I like the battles and the game, but most of this wasn't explained in Fate/Excella), so is there any chance I could get a bit of assistance with the CS?

Plus, we aren't talking about normal Magus', nor about keeping them at full power.

It's not a universal rule, there's a lot of factors. However Hudhouse is the master of Berserker and the point being made is NO magus, even the strongest, can support a servant like Berserker and another servant on top of that without extenuating circumstances. Humans just don't have the mana supply.

Being Honest here - Some of these things make LITTLE sense to me since I'm not really into the anime that much ( I like the battles and the game, but most of this wasn't explained in Fate/Excella), so is there any chance I could get a bit of assistance with the CS?
Sure, my man. Just tell me what you want to know and I'll be there to help.

It's not a universal rule, there's a lot of factors. However Hudhouse is the master of Berserker and the point being made is NO magus, even the strongest, can support a servant like Berserker and another servant on top of that without extenuating circumstances. Humans just don't have the mana supply.
That's fair enough. Berserker specifically is a huge drain. There's many variables.

"Magic Circuits:
Circuit Quality:
Circuit Quantity:
Circuit Composition: (Normal, Varied, Unique, etc.)

Magecraft: (Include Mystic Codes, Sorcery Traits, Mystic Eyes, etc.)"
Also, if Inhumans / Mixed Bloods are allowed, and how Magic Crests work

"Magic Circuits:
Circuit Quality:
Circuit Quantity:

We already have a part demon running around. I'm assuming as long as you can be trusted it's okay.

Somebody should just explain the magic system of the entire Nasuverse to him and get that over with. It'll only take like two hours.

Somebody should just explain the magic system of the entire Nasuverse to him and get that over with. It'll only take like two hours.
and THAT, my fine fellow RPer, is why Wiki was invented... and yet it gets so crazy at times I have trouble following... espesially when there is sentences like this-
"The possibility for Magic itself will never fade out, as the discovery of new Magic or the rediscovery of lost ones would increase the number of Magics. The actual chance is more difficult than a camel passing through the eye of a needle and finding one speck of a jewel in the desert,"

There's actually a great TVtropes thing for Analyzing Magic in the Nasuverse, but I'm not sure...Lemme find it, someone sent it to me a long time ago.

"Magic Circuits:
Circuit Quality:
Circuit Quantity:

Magic Circuits are pretty straightforward.

Rate Circuit Quality from E to EX.
Rate Circuit Quantity from E to EX. C is roughly 20 Magic Circuits.
Classify Circuit Composition. (as it says: Normal, Varied, Unique, etc.)

Magecraft is also straightforward. What your character specializes in when it comes to casting spells. Does he focus on Necromancy? Maybe Bounded Fields? Formalcraft? Reinforcement? Projection? Mind Alteration? Etc.

Mystic Codes are tools made by magi that have a certain effect. It could be a magical sword, or binoculars with heat vision.
Sorcery Traits are special abilities that are related to magic, passed onto a magus from his parents.
Mystic Eyes are a type of Sorcery Traits.

I'd avoid inhuman Masters, but you can make a Dead Apostle or two if you feel like it. Magic Crests are tattoos engraved onto the head of a magi family that act as a repository of knowledge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back