• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC Murder in the City of Devils

What species do you think you’d be if born in this universe?

• Vampire

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Werewolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faefolk/Elf/Dwarf/Goblin

• Merfolk

• Wizard

• Witch/Warlock/Sorcerer

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Shapeshifter

• Hybrid

• Ghoul

• Human

• Total voters
Characters
Here
Awesome- really love this shared backstory element ^^

Also strawberryspiral strawberryspiral I love Andrei!
Do you think he and Julian are usually paired together in their work? I feel like they would work really well together. Also maybe go for a drink together after work and bond over some daddy issues ;P
Julian and Andrei definitely can be paired for work, love that direction. They definitely have plenty in common to be good drinking buddies. Daddy issues and hybrids unite!

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo thanks for the compliments I was really trying to organize it in a coherant way. But I know lore can be sooo overwhelming so I was trying to put it in a way that wasn’t SUPER confusing but had enough detail to make sense.

The number of times I edited the Lore only to go back, read it in my private workshop, and see something didn’t make sense is astonishing and I see why people who do write crazy complicated fantasy stories have editors cuz I was driving myself crazy lol.

Anyways- regarding the Umbra clan and ARMADA INC. first off their names are sooo badass no lie.

Secondly- love the idea of them having their own sect of the Umbra clan working under the table. I imagine several different factions of religious beliefs have their own underhanded intentions and motivations. The Umbra having a branch to investigate arcane/magic tech and necromancy, and all that stuff outlawed makes TOTAL sense. I’ll just take the next couple of days to figure out the nature of what theyre doing and why it relates to plot for down the line.

So as far as familiars go-

Familiars aren’t disallowed it’s just necromancy is considered a form of enslavement. That is because in this universe when you take someone from the afterlife you’re in a way condemning them to forever roam the earth. Also, it’s like a matter of the soul cannot consent to being taken away from their afterlife. It is very difficult to transport a soul from one location to another because of the volatile amount of ether a soul possesses. And it takes very dangerous, ancient, skilled magic to use necromancy. Necromancy always comes at a high cost for both the one raised from the dead and the person initiating it.

As far as the technokitty I say keep it. No one has to know about your brother, I think a certain corrupt member of the Divine Judges would happily sign off on letting you have your familiar. If that meant an alliance with ARMADA INC.

Just so you know: a soul/corpse raised from the dead is technically a ghoul and physical or metaphysical it has to feed on something, to stay living. Even if that’s just it feeding off of your soul and magic.

Because of the technokitty technically being a dead soul I believe Ayama Ayama ‘s detective Julian would be able to sniff something not exactly right with it. But you have papers from a Divine Judge classifying technokitty as a familiar so what can he do?

Late night thoughts!

Now that I think about it, a Nullium item would likely remove the "out of sight, out of mind" effect Ed has on people, wouldn't it? Maybe he's looking to get one but since they tend to be expensive he hasn't gotten the chance, yet. That, and wearing a straight up collar would likely make people think he's a criminal. He'd need something subtle and custom made.

Does Nullium have any other adverse effects? Just wondering how it might affect mutated vampires. Lore mentioned that some just aren't suited for the transformation, but I imagine there are many thoughts on what exactly makes some unsuitable. Ed has theories of his own, I bet, probably links it to "sinful behavior" of some sort. G probably thinks it's an allergic reaction to the bite or something, lol

Anyway, if you have an official reason for the adverse reaction to vampirism, I'd love to hear it.

As for our dear stalker, I do hope there's a support system of some sort for freshly turned and abandoned vampires. Sort of an "adopt a fledgling" thing, might be popular with some groups? Some clans might be happy to provide a safe place to new kin, after all! Helps that it strengthens their numbers and broadens their reach, or something.

I imagine others are more selective with who gets in, though.

Late night thoughts!

Now that I think about it, a Nullium item would likely remove the "out of sight, out of mind" effect Ed has on people, wouldn't it? Maybe he's looking to get one but since they tend to be expensive he hasn't gotten the chance, yet. That, and wearing a straight up collar would likely make people think he's a criminal. He'd need something subtle and custom made.

Does Nullium have any other adverse effects? Just wondering how it might affect mutated vampires. Lore mentioned that some just aren't suited for the transformation, but I imagine there are many thoughts on what exactly makes some unsuitable. Ed has theories of his own, I bet, probably links it to "sinful behavior" of some sort. G probably thinks it's an allergic reaction to the bite or something, lol

Anyway, if you have an official reason for the adverse reaction to vampirism, I'd love to hear it.

As for our dear stalker, I do hope there's a support system of some sort for freshly turned and abandoned vampires. Sort of an "adopt a fledgling" thing, might be popular with some groups? Some clans might be happy to provide a safe place to new kin, after all! Helps that it strengthens their numbers and broadens their reach, or something.

I imagine others are more selective with who gets in, though.
I like the idea of him seeking a Nullium object, there’s plenty of people in the RP with access to Nullium. Could definitely be an option to trade or buy something later on off someone

Nullium ore would block all vampirism traits, even if mutated. This is because all supernatural beings exist because of a ether and the nullium drains it. Think of ether as something always present in the air on a subatomic level. In certain sacred places on the Earth there is higher concentrations of ether.

Adverse reactions to vampirism occur because some have small amounts of arcanic DNA that isn’t vampire. Essentially that human was descended from a faerie, werewolf, etc. maybe WAY down their ancestor line. Not actually 100 percent human so the vampirism is almost like an allergic reaction in which that species doesn’t bode well with vampirism.

Hello. This looks amazing. I was wondering if I could make a photographer? Like for fashion shoots, not paparazzi. I was thinking of having her believe she's human, so she doesn't think anything of the prophetic dreams she gets about those she photographs....would that be okay?

Lost Echo Lost Echo If you wanna make a photographer, I'd be happy to add her as Ed's primary photographer -- if your character is willing to take photos of vampire musicians, that is! Talia Amandi's role can be reduced to that of a fashion designer; it's how I imagined her in the first place before I realized dear Eddie needed a photographer he could trust.

They could have met through Talia? Just a suggestion though!

Last edited:
Lost Echo Lost Echo If you wanna make a photographer, I'd be happy to add her as Ed's primary photographer -- if your character is willing to take photos of vampire musicians, that is! Talia Amandi's role can be reduced to that of a fashion designer; it's how I imagined in the first place before I realized dear Eddie needed a photographer he could trust.

They could have met through Talia? Just a suggestion though!
That sounds amazing. Are you sure that's okay with you?

Hello. This looks amazing. I was wondering if I could make a photographer? Like for fashion shoots, not paparazzi. I was thinking of having her believe she's human, so she doesn't think anything of the prophetic dreams she gets about those she photographs....would that be okay?
Love that idea go for it! Plenty of celebs who need photographers. I like her having prophetic dreams and believing she is human :)

That sounds amazing. Are you sure that's okay with you?
Of course! I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. I can't wait to find out more about your character, very excited to read her CS! I'll add her in as soon as you give me her name.

EDIT: Character sketch duump! I just drew one character from everyone, and I'm no good at drawing women. S:
COP.png

Last edited:
Of course! I wouldn't have suggested it otherwise. I can't wait to find out more about your character, very excited to read her CS! I'll add her in as soon as you give me her name.

EDIT: Character sketch duump! I just drew one character from everyone, and I'm no good at drawing women. S:
this is literally so iconic I looove this. Pumpum Pumpum you have so much talent <3 this literally made my whole day you're so sweet :csmile: thankyou for taking the time to do draw this you've done an amazing job!

Update

Okay- finally the time has come to bring our characters to life! If possible try to get any remaining characters up in the next three days. Thursday I plan to make the official IC post. The Rp will be split into parts- Part One will consist of four ongoing scenes.

Part One

Scene One:
Takes place as AIU detectives at the LNCPD receiving an alarming case assignment.

Scene Two:
Each celeb character preparing to attend the International Hall of Culture and Arts Museum’s annual ball. An extravagant arts exhibition/red carpet/awards ceremony held in honor to those who have made significant contributions to art and culture world wide. Each celeb will be have been nominated to receive an award let me know which you think they’d be up for.

Awards such as-
Record of the Year
Album of the Year
Song of the Year
Personality Star of the Year
Best Male Actor in a Leading Role of the Year
(Etc,. Anything you can come up with doesn’t have to be music related as long as it is in the arts in general)

Scene Three:
Will involve those employed with The Arouet Chasseur Agency- Voltaire, Akari, Jethro, etc.

Scene Four:
Cadmus and others at the Lucida Cross Chapel.

All of these scenes will take place in the mid morning to early afternoon.

Part Two

Scene One:
This is when we narrow things in, world wise- later in the evening detectives and celebs will be present at the IHCA Jubilee Ball where a red carpet will take place. (Think Met Gala) Celebs will be dressed in clothing according to this years theme-
Death and Rebirth.

(Optional) Scene Two:
Depending on the actions of Cadmus and those at the Arouet Chasseur Agency they will either have part in the scene at IHCA awards or somewhere else.

This is just a brief run down of how I plan to format stuff. Let me know if anyone has questions or concerns regarding CS completions. Can’t wait to see everyones creative work come to life! :)

Thanks to everyone who has been patient and reaching out regarding their characters. It’s helped me come up with some excellent material for the future!

Catch up with you guys later, let me know what you think about it all.

It would make a lot of sense for Ed to be nominated for album of the year. That said, I think it might be a bit funny if a song was nominated instead because he's totally the sort to get uppity about the album as a whole not winning because his songs lose some of their impact if they're not experienced together, damn it, what do you mean "Wait Here" won Song of the Year?!

I'm sure it'll eventually sink in that aw that means people like his sad sappy song about his hubby, baww~

WOOOOOOOW! Talent much? THESE ARE AMAZING! Looooves it all so much! Chibi DJ is soooo it! Do robo-kitty next! Do robo-kitty! Lol tysm for sharing your amaaaaaazIng ART!!
I will do my best to try drawing a robo-kitty. I just can't really draw robots. Or kitties. What a shame.

joestar joestar Interesting characters! Did you have any plotting ideas in mind with any of mine? Anything pre-existing, or the like? ouo

joestar joestar Interesting characters! Did you have any plotting ideas in mind with any of mine? Anything pre-existing, or the like? ouo
um to be honest, i haven’t really thought about it lol. i definitely think montana is podunk fella, i don’t think he knows anyone. i think he’d be meeting everyone for the first time coming out of oklahoma.

phillip is more a loner, always working type of guy. i could see him knowing julian since they are coworkers, i’m not sure they would be friends per-say (i’m not convinced friends are really “his thing”), but i can’t imagine them not at least knowing each other.

K so like Imma say DJ nominated for Best supporting actress in a drama. She played Candace 'Candy Cane' Renard. Bff of the lead character.

People started to notice that this was 'the acrobat kid' from those cheezy kids action movies all grown up now. Her star fell and this was her 1st big role after hiatus. She nailed it as the down on her luck, but humourously snarky addict.

Like thinkin she mostly got the nod due to the 'comeback kid feel good storyline' of her return to the big screen. Like pretty good dramatic performance after such a long hiatus but fr not a real contender in comparison to the other nominees but something to create award buzz.

It would make a lot of sense for Ed to be nominated for album of the year. That said, I think it might be a bit funny if a song was nominated instead because he's totally the sort to get uppity about the album as a whole not winning because his songs lose some of their impact if they're not experienced together, damn it, what do you mean "Wait Here" won Song of the Year?!

I'm sure it'll eventually sink in that aw that means people like his sad sappy song about his hubby, baww~

I will do my best to try drawing a robo-kitty. I just can't really draw robots. Or kitties. What a shame.
That totally works, I think it could be mildly comical if he is nominated for both but only wins best song. His cult like fanbase could feel it’s a snub/prejudice too, and are they wrong? We don’t know who the judges and critics are personally- they’re “anonymous.” Who knows if any of them are even Arcane…

I think it’s extra cute because the song was written about Gerard <3 🥺

K so like Imma say DJ nominated for Best supporting actress in a drama. She played Candace 'Candy Cane' Renard. Bff of the lead character.

People started to notice that this was 'the acrobat kid' from those cheezy kids action movies all grown up now. Her star fell and this was her 1st big role after hiatus. She nailed it as the down on her luck, but humourously snarky addict.

Like thinkin she mostly got the nod due to the 'comeback kid feel good storyline' of her return to the big screen. Like pretty good dramatic performance after such a long hiatus but fr not a real contender in comparison to the other nominees but something to create award buzz.

Okay cool, I like that idea. DJ might not win but her name will be circulated for sure. I’ll take note of that, any ideas of what the drama could be called?

Okay cool, I like that idea. DJ might not win but her name will be circulated for sure. I’ll take note of that, any ideas of what the drama could be called?
'Devils in the Details'

Its a about a young lady that decides to get plastic surgery and it gets botched. after a bit of investigatuon she decided to sue. What ends up as a civil case leads her taking on one the biggest Pharma's out there. So she gets in situations where she is threatened and blackmailed but then finds out one crucial bit of evidence that will take the giant down for good and Expose the drug that wrecked her.

So then she has a choice to make: Expose these assholes and nail them to the wall and have the treatment ceased. Or keep quiet since this drug is needed in a procedure that saves lives.

DJ plays Candy Cane the bff of the leads and her role is to comment on simple prescription drug use turned into abuse a 'conscience' along the way

'Devils in the Details'

Its a about a young lady that decides to get plastic surgery and it gets botched. after a bit of investigatuon she decided to sue. What ends up as a civil case leads her taking on one the biggest Pharma's out there. So she gets in situations where she is threatened and blackmailed but then finds out one crucial bit of evidence that will take the giant down for good and Expose the drug that wrecked her.

So then she has a choice to make: Expose these assholes and nail them to the wall and have the treatment ceased. Or keep quiet since this drug is needed in a procedure that saves lives.

DJ plays Candy Cane the bff of the leads and her role is to comment on simple prescription drug use turned into abuse a 'conscience' along the way

Amazing, that sounds like something I would watch irl :)

Ayama Ayama , so sorry to keep you waiting! Ed likely wouldn't have much need for a makeup artist, wearing that mask everywhere he goes and all, but he could use a nail tech? His have a habit of growing in a terribly talon-y fashion but he prefers to keep them short and neatly manicured. Still has that temptation of appearing as human as he can. Old habits die hard.

So, if Lillian has any talent with nails, Ed would likely accept her help and be very complimentary of her skills.

If she was asked to help him only with his face, he'd likely tell Gérard to please make her leave, because he is not taking the mask off in front of a stranger unless he has to. Makeup, on him? Please. Like putting makeup on a pig if you think about it, and he'd rather not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back