• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy OOC Murder in the City of Devils

What species do you think you’d be if born in this universe?

• Vampire

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Werewolf

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Faefolk/Elf/Dwarf/Goblin

• Merfolk

• Wizard

• Witch/Warlock/Sorcerer

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Shapeshifter

• Hybrid

• Ghoul

• Human

• Total voters
Characters
Here
Awesome- really love this shared backstory element ^^

Also strawberryspiral strawberryspiral I love Andrei!
Do you think he and Julian are usually paired together in their work? I feel like they would work really well together. Also maybe go for a drink together after work and bond over some daddy issues ;P
Julian and Andrei definitely can be paired for work, love that direction. They definitely have plenty in common to be good drinking buddies. Daddy issues and hybrids unite!

BuggaBoo BuggaBoo thanks for the compliments I was really trying to organize it in a coherant way. But I know lore can be sooo overwhelming so I was trying to put it in a way that wasn’t SUPER confusing but had enough detail to make sense.

The number of times I edited the Lore only to go back, read it in my private workshop, and see something didn’t make sense is astonishing and I see why people who do write crazy complicated fantasy stories have editors cuz I was driving myself crazy lol.

Anyways- regarding the Umbra clan and ARMADA INC. first off their names are sooo badass no lie.

Secondly- love the idea of them having their own sect of the Umbra clan working under the table. I imagine several different factions of religious beliefs have their own underhanded intentions and motivations. The Umbra having a branch to investigate arcane/magic tech and necromancy, and all that stuff outlawed makes TOTAL sense. I’ll just take the next couple of days to figure out the nature of what theyre doing and why it relates to plot for down the line.

So as far as familiars go-

Familiars aren’t disallowed it’s just necromancy is considered a form of enslavement. That is because in this universe when you take someone from the afterlife you’re in a way condemning them to forever roam the earth. Also, it’s like a matter of the soul cannot consent to being taken away from their afterlife. It is very difficult to transport a soul from one location to another because of the volatile amount of ether a soul possesses. And it takes very dangerous, ancient, skilled magic to use necromancy. Necromancy always comes at a high cost for both the one raised from the dead and the person initiating it.

As far as the technokitty I say keep it. No one has to know about your brother, I think a certain corrupt member of the Divine Judges would happily sign off on letting you have your familiar. If that meant an alliance with ARMADA INC.

Just so you know: a soul/corpse raised from the dead is technically a ghoul and physical or metaphysical it has to feed on something, to stay living. Even if that’s just it feeding off of your soul and magic.

Because of the technokitty technically being a dead soul I believe Ayama Ayama ‘s detective Julian would be able to sniff something not exactly right with it. But you have papers from a Divine Judge classifying technokitty as a familiar so what can he do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back