• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
For a Standard level hearthstone, I have no problem with more than one person having duplicates of the same rock, especially with the limited numbers of hearthstones there is to choose from. I don't want to see you having two of the same kind on the character, though. Diversify. Using Psychie's character for an example, she has the Bamboo one, and another 2 dot stone that provides water when it is buried in the earth.

With the Greater hearthstones, I have more of an issue of two or more characters sharing them. The higher level stones are supposed to be very rare, so how is it that more than one person has the same stone in the Circle? At that point, it would most likely be a 'first come, first served' situation.

For a Standard level hearthstone, I have no problem with more than one person having duplicates of the same rock, especially with the limited numbers of hearthstones there is to choose from. I don't want to see you having two of the same kind on the character, though. Diversify. Using Psychie's character for an example, she has the Bamboo one, and another 2 dot stone that provides water when it is buried in the earth.

With the Greater hearthstones, I have more of an issue of two or more characters sharing them. The higher level stones are supposed to be very rare, so how is it that more than one person has the same stone in the Circle? At that point, it would most likely be a 'first come, first served' situation.
Then diversity you shall have!

Who needs soak when you can hide behind a tree and that becomes your armor.

As a squish with a gun and magic, I am obligated to hide behind things and shoot from safety.

Also! Lunar Fury: Race for the Gem of Incomparable Wellness.

Sherwood Sherwood

Now what about a second manse merit purchase? Would that be okay or would you rather I just get a simple hearthstone?

And may switch ox body for desert Basalisc diadem depending on how the stone works.

Already I will be giving up Hearts Blood 1, and 1dot in language.

I say manse just for the sake of efficient spending to get more for less. I would have to give up Claws as well though. I could work it into the story as needed, such as it was at this manse that the silver pact found her, and can tie having two manse into creating a positive tie towards having an interest in geomancy.

Otherwise, I can just got a hearthstone.

The hearthstone merit by itself should be fine. You don't want to cut yourself too thin from your other stuff.

I shall take your advice to heart!

And upon looking over the stone, I should be able to equip both stones to the firewand just fine.

Now! This is has nothing to do with mechanics, more to do with visual stuff.

Do Hearthstones add any flavor to artifact when attuned? Like on the gun, the eye may add visual magical properties, like a glow when sorcery is being shaped, or a wood hearthstone making its wood seem as if it is still alive.

And do we have control of what our artifact weapons may look like? Barring ways that contradict their nature/mechanics.

Sherwood Sherwood Can I get a freebie evocation from the moonsilver silken armor that lets me change the shape to clothing of any style?

So I can spend a mote or two and change it to a ballroom gown, and then a sundress, and then Ranma's usual shirts and pants?

Sherwood Sherwood Can I get a freebie evocation from the moonsilver silken armor that lets me change the shape to clothing of any style?

So I can spend a mote or two and change it to a ballroom gown, and then a sundress, and then Ranma's usual shirts and pants?
Why not get a Infinite Resplendence Amulet like I have? They were very common in the First Age, and if you are only looking for some armor and shapeshifting ability, it is a 3 dot artifact.

I shall take your advice to heart!

And upon looking over the stone, I should be able to equip both stones to the firewand just fine.

Now! This is has nothing to do with mechanics, more to do with visual stuff.

Do Hearthstones add any flavor to artifact when attuned? Like on the gun, the eye may add visual magical properties, like a glow when sorcery is being shaped, or a wood hearthstone making its wood seem as if it is still alive.

And do we have control of what our artifact weapons may look like? Barring ways that contradict their nature/mechanics.
The flavor of the hearthstone on the artifact is more special effect than any actual mechanical benefit, but I have no problem with you describing a bit of extra 'oomph' to your posts regarding your hearthstones to help with stunting.

Artifact weapons are almost always flashy, showy items, covered in runes and prayers to various gods. It is a rare one to be simplistic, but if that is what you wish, that is what your character was able to find.

Why not get a Infinite Resplendence Amulet like I have? They were very common in the First Age, and if you are only looking for some armor and shapeshifting ability, it is a 3 dot artifact.
The IRA sounds like it is what you are looking for. As Psy said, it was a very common artifact, so multiple ones in the game would not be a problem. I'm good with that.

This is what a 4 dot version of the IRA can do for you:

The amulet can generate any form of outfit the wearer can imagine, however grand or humble. Changing the setting requires contact and a diceless miscellaneous action. Repairing or cleaning a worn outfit takes the same action as creating a new one.
The Amulet provides an extra success to all Resistance or Survival rolls to reduce or avoid the effects of deleterious environmental conditions, toxins or disease.
The Infinite Resplendence Amulet possesses a single socket for hearthstones. In addition, each Amulet has one material-specific feature by default, and composite designs include multiple features.

Moonsilver: The wearer gets two bonus dice to Stealth rolls and two bonus dice to assume a disguise with Larceny, as well as adding +5L/+5B protection that does not count as armor for Charms.
Starmetal: Such garments conceal numerous pockets folded into Elsewhere, providing sufficient storage space to carry up to a ton of assorted items safely out of reach of the world, provided the objects could actually fit through a pocket opening no larger than a foot across. Only the attuned wearer can reach into Elsewhere via these pockets; to others, they are merely stitched folds.

If you want just the Moonsilver, it would be just a 3 dot one.

The IRA sounds like it is what you are looking for. As Psy said, it was a very common artifact, so multiple ones in the game would not be a problem. I'm good with that.

Does it count as "not armor" for purposes of martial arts? That's why it's 4 dots, as said in the corebook. I just want the first evocation of the armor be a freebie one that I get for just attuning, and for it to let the armor shapeshift into any style of clothing.

Yes, it specifically says in its description that it does not count as armor for Charms. You can wear it and use it with the Martial Arts stuff.

I just noticed that in Psychie's description it does not show that it takes 5m to attune, not the 4m of light armor. Psychie Psychie you might want to add that to your description, just to avoid any confusion.

It can't be 3 dots because, and I quote:

Silken Armor
Woven using secret, long-lost First Age techniques, silken
armor is woven of a material with the weight and texture
of silk, but the resilience of tempered steel. Silken armor
is usually beautifully tailored and decorated, well-
suited for formal occasions. It doesn’t count as armor for
the purpose of martial arts styles which cannot be
practiced in armor, and consequently is always at least
Artifact ••••

Emphasis mine.

That's why I'm asking to have the "can be a different style of outfit whenever" as an evocation of the silken armor that awakens for free. Since that's probably how it would be handled in 3e.

I don't know if I'm having a brainbug or something, but this conversation is really throwing me off.

I was just going by the write-up from 2e of the IRA out of Dreams of the First Age. It starts out at a 3 dot, going up in power to a 5 dot if it includes all four primary magical materials woven into it. Since you pointed it out, you can get the IRA with a blend of 2 magical materials for the four dot level.

The flavor of the hearthstone on the artifact is more special effect than any actual mechanical benefit, but I have no problem with you describing a bit of extra 'oomph' to your posts regarding your hearthstones to help with stunting.

Artifact weapons are almost always flashy, showy items, covered in runes and prayers to various gods. It is a rare one to be simplistic, but if that is what you wish, that is what your character was able to find.

Lol please, you should know by now that I ain't gonna settle for that.

Let's see.

The firewand is easily as long as she is tall. It's made of a dark rich ebony wood, looking almost black. Swirling Veins of rounded moonsilver are carved into the side of the wood, forming shapes of stars. The main barrel is a bright mirrored moonsilver, holding the gun together is bands of orichalcum, ornately etched with prayers to Luna and hieroglyphs of the night sky. At the end of the barrel, rather than the mouth of a dragon, is a funnel. And when looking at it dead on, it looks pock marked at first glance, but you will soon see that it makes it reminiscent of the full moon itself. When fired, the wand belches out flames as black as night with a thunderous cacophon, spattered with brilliant white glowing sparks that are spread throughout the flame.

Is that suitable for artifact flashy?

It can't be 3 dots because, and I quote:

Silken Armor
Woven using secret, long-lost First Age techniques, silken
armor is woven of a material with the weight and texture
of silk, but the resilience of tempered steel. Silken armor
is usually beautifully tailored and decorated, well-
suited for formal occasions. It doesn’t count as armor for
the purpose of martial arts styles which cannot be
practiced in armor, and consequently is always at least
Artifact ••••

Emphasis mine.

That's why I'm asking to have the "can be a different style of outfit whenever" as an evocation of the silken armor that awakens for free. Since that's probably how it would be handled in 3e.

I don't know if I'm having a brainbug or something, but this conversation is really throwing me off.
Here are the descriptions of the various MMs for the IRA. With Sherwood's ruling, you can choose any two at a four dot level.

1569534569468.png

Sherwood Sherwood

Another question regarding dragon sigh wands.

As a flame weapon damage , for withering it adds a flat +4 instead of strength value for withering. But it doesn't mention anything about decisive. It wouldnt make sense for it to value strength to determine damage but it doesn't say otherwise. What would I use to calculate Decisive Damage?

Decisive damage is based off of your initiative pool. If you have, for example, an initiative rating of 12, you are going to cash in those for 12 dice of Decisive damage. That is why it is so important to have a high initiative from Withering attacks before you hit someone with a Decisve hit.

Decisive damage is based off of your initiative pool. If you have, for example, an initiative rating of 12, you are going to cash in those for 12 dice of Decisive damage. That is why it is so important to have a high initiative from Withering attacks before you hit someone with a Decisve hit.
So decisive never adds a attribute value? Cool, that makes it nice.

How much initiative is gained from a whithering attack?

Depends on the damage done.

I also just added my Combat Cheat Sheet to the Lore section. Take a look at it and it will help answer some of your questions. It is a good flowchart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back