• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah but....

Hmmm. Alright. Plan B! Once I get XP I'm going on a manse/hearthstone hunt.

And assuming the Artifact Heavy Firewand has 3 sockets. If it has any, I'm still not sure where it says it...

Looks like I'm going to bedazzle my elephant gun!

In Arms of the Chosen, Sekhem the Dragon SIgh Wand has two hearthstone slots to it, so it is safe to assume that your artifact weapon has at least that many to it.

Well, unless you are spending xp on them, hearthstones will not be that commonplace.

Speaking of buying hearthstones with xp, if someone wants to buy one, let me know and I will make a scene available for you to be able to acquire said stone.

Well, unless you are spending xp on them, hearthstones will not be that commonplace.
Xp or a suitable quest to Hunt for one involving a demense or manse.

Having Manse and Demesne could prove to be pretty useful for a Sorceress looking to do some sorcerous workings.

You can do that in between the other parts of the plot that I'll be introducing to you.

Alright... even after dropping Martial Arts, I've got 15 health levels, 15 Soak before the anima bonus, a Parry of 6, and now 8 Excellencies.

At some point, he may seek tutelage from Gwendolyn as someone very unfamiliar with the nuances of "civilized" society. Eventually, it would let him grab concept appropriate charms for the last Excellency.

Do you know what would be an interesting way for two rival masters with the Single Point Style to duel?

The entire combat is visually just them staring at each other. Both looking completely still.

But to them they are locked in heated struggle. Not with their swords, but with their stance. Every withering attack is them making minute adjustments to their stance in regards to the opponents stance. And damage done being them realizing they could be cut down without making such and such adjustments in response. Charms used during the fight are them practicing in anticipation, foreseeing their decisive attack.

The battle ends in one single decisive blink of an eye attack, when its known that one can for sure finish off the other. Or if one does fall, it is shown visually in one single cut.

Sherwood Sherwood

A curious thought has been running in my mind all day.

You said our circle are new shards. Never before been incarnate.

Well, how would that effect the Great Curse? As well as the Solar Bond.

Both happened long ago. Yet these Lunar are new. Would they still be beholden by the same promises and curses that the past lives of others are bound to? Or perhaps the promise and curse are just that potent that even new shards are affected. Or maybe even this effects them differently?

Such as for Two Mornings, her bond wasn't from the past. It was a new bond. One that was formed with their mating, and would be held to for their future reincarnations.

Or the great curse has some different effect, perhaps weaker or more potent or some different or new effect from the curse.

Was just something I was thinking on!

I think it was that this was the first time our shards incarnated since the Great Contagion (bit less than a thousand years), not the first time at all.

Last edited:
That is correct. You have not been in circulation for almost a thousand years, and now have all Exalted within days of one another.

Rykon Rykon I was looking at your sheet and I'm wondering why you didn't go with the Deadly Beastman Transformation Charm. Seems to me that it would be a natural for a Strength based Full Moon.

Rykon Rykon I was looking at your sheet and I'm wondering why you didn't go with the Deadly Beastman Transformation Charm. Seems to me that it would be a natural for a Strength based Full Moon.
I'm still tempted to grab it, but losing evocation resonance was a factor in hesitating on it. Not like I've written evocations I'd want to take yet either. I'm really behind on that for a third game now. It's also that I was drowning in all the charms there are to pick from. I'll take another look and see if I can fit it in.

Edit: Ah, I remember now. It was the Defense penalty that sealed the deal on putting it off the first time. For a character oriented on protecting allies, lower defense seemed like a terrible idea at the time. For duels or smaller scale conflicts it wouldn't matter as much though.

Last edited:
Psychie Psychie Was looking at your sheet, and we have about the same armor, and you for more bonuses than eye. You should have higher soak than me. Did you add your stamina to natural soak?

Edit: Ignore this. Was stupid and wasn't reading the math right lol

Last edited:
With abit of poking around, it seems Lunar defenses can negate both mobility and the war forms penalty. So I'll swap the two offense charms for Deadly Beastman Transformation and Terrifying Ogre Alteration.

Still, even it with it being a hybrid form, this is closer to the aesthetic I'm going for.
ilija-grgic-great-grey-wolf-sif-by-ilija69-dcd4vxi.jpg
kyle-van-wyk-sif-dark-souls-by-guy-mandude-db0ga30.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion Psychie Psychie .

Sherwood Sherwood More questions!

Gotta make that Heirophants eye work.

1. Is it common for their to be two of the same hearthstone? Such as stone of resilient bamboo. If you feel like that would be a bit cheese, I have another one I'm considering, gem of the tree sister. Doesn't give me soak, but gives me an extra level of cover when I take cover.

2. Would it be greedy if me to get a 3dot manse when I already have a 5dot manse? If so I can just get a simple hearthstone.

Sherwood Sherwood More questions!

Gotta make that Heirophants eye work.

1. Is it common for their to be two of the same hearthstone? Such as stone of resilient bamboo. If you feel like that would be a bit cheese, I have another one I'm considering, gem of the tree sister. Doesn't give me soak, but gives me an extra level of cover when I take cover.

2. Would it be greedy if me to get a 3dot manse when I already have a 5dot manse? If so I can just get a simple hearthstone.
Question about your question, by two of the same, do you mean one person using the same stone twice, or two people in the party using it, cause both Psychie and I have one on our character sheets. I think it's the only one that boosts soak, so why wouldn't we reach for it?

I know 3E has been all about each artifact should not be duplicatable with mystery and whimsy and all that, but in my opinion, geomancy has always been a science with known outcomes. Having manses and carefully assembled places of power producing unpredictable results would be chaos.

Question about your question, by two of the same, do you mean one person using the same stone twice, or two people in the party using it, cause both Psychie and I have one on our character sheets. I think it's the only one that boosts soak, so why wouldn't we reach for it?

I know 3E has been all about each artifact should not be duplicatable with mystery and whimsy and all that, but in my opinion, geomancy has always been a science with known outcomes. Having manses and carefully assembled places of power producing unpredictable results would be chaos.
As in two people each have their own same hearthstone.

And that makes me want to dive into having hazel learn more about Geomancy.

But! Thought I'd ask permission just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back