• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alrighty! Well that works too then! Maybe I'll have met some of the dragon blooded jerks over there.

Could maybe have her divine something that she shouldnt have known about the falls. Such as some of that hidden information hidden in the Immaculate Temple. When the Dynasts caught wind. They moved to eliminate.

Alrighty! Well that works too then! Maybe I'll have met some of the dragon blooded jerks over there.

Could maybe have her divine something that she shouldnt have known about the falls. Such as some of that hidden information hidden in the Immaculate Temple. When the Dynasts caught wind. They moved to eliminate.
Hmmmm. Plot thread.

Oooh, you gave me an Idea for my DB game...

Just noticed an interesting coinkydink.

The no moon anima effect helps find stuff like the manse. So her anima could very well have lead her there rather than stumbling upon it randomly.

I have another question... if the hearthstone isn't linked to a manse, but you still slot it into an artifact, do you still get the mote recovery? Wording on the merits implies no, but it seems a tad silly.

Demesne (•• or ••••)—Story
This Merit may be re-purchased as many times as desired.

The character controls a place of power in Creation. A demesne is a wellspring of incredible geomantic power, usually a site of incredible natural splendor. A demesne might be the heart of a primeval forest, a crystal cavern behind a mighty waterfall, a field of black glass where desert abuts an ancient volcano, or any other place of clear majesty and power. Most demesnes are strongly aspected toward one of the five elements, but certain rare demesnes resonate with the Essence of the sun or moon, of destiny, or even of death.

A character attuned to a demesne who stands within its boundaries enjoys certain benefits. Outside of combat, he respires an additional two motes of Essence per hour, and may reflexively roll
(Perception + Occult, difficulty 3) to sense any active expenditure of Essence within the demesne’s boundaries. The demesne can also be used as a Means for sorcerous workings which resonate with its
nature (pgs. 487-488), granting one extra interval.

As a four-dot Merit, the character gains control of an exceptionally powerful demesne. She respires four extra motes per hour outside of combat, the difficulty to detect Essence-use becomes 1, and using the demesne as a Means grants two extra intervals.

Hearthstone (•• or ••••)—Story

This Merit bestows ownership of a hearthstone—a gem formed of concentrated geomantic Essence, bearing potent magical powers. Most hearthstones radiate broad mystical benefits into the region surrounding them, but some rarer stones have more concentrated or direct powers, or even hide a handful of potent Evocations within their depths. Most hearthstones are deliberately formed through Essence concentration in manses, but a few hearthstones naturally form in demesnes or at sites where Essence has worked prodigious miracles upon the land. If a hearthstone is linked to a manse, and the manse’s owner places the hearthstone in a specially-designed socket in an attuned artifact, then the character enjoys the benefits of standing within the manse wherever she goes (see the Manse Merit, p. 163).

Two dots in this Merit represents the power of most hearthstones in Creation, while four dots provides a greater hearthstone from an exceptionally powerful manse or demesne.

Manse (••• or •••••)—Story

The character owns a manse—a magnificent magical tower, fortress, palace, or estate raised atop a demesne and designed to capture and channel its power. Many manses are designed to express minor magical powers to enhance the beauty or comfort of the building, such as columns of free-standing water filled with colorful fish, or floors which stay warmed with channeled fire Essence even in the depths of winter. In addition to ownership of the manse itself, possessing this Merit at three dots provides the benefits of both the Demesne Merit (p. 160) and the Hearthstone Merit (p. 161), at two dots each, for no additional cost. With five dots, the character is the owner of a manse raised atop an exceptionally powerful demesne, with a concomitantly powerful hearthstone (replicating the benefits of the four-dot Demesne and Hearthstone Merits).

I'd also recommend folks cross-reference any tags on stones they may be looking to acquire, such as Wyld-Born being from uncapped demesnes only (not manses), and Linked requiring a second stone slotted to function, if I recall correctly.

I would say you do get the mote recovery. The benefit from getting the Manse background compared to just the hearthstone one is the bonus of the manse itself.

I would say you do get the mote recovery. The benefit from getting the Manse background compared to just the hearthstone one is the bonus of the manse itself.
So so long as I have the manse hearthstone attuned, I have the full benefit of the manse, even if I am outside of its boundaries?

When inside the Manse, you get x4 the rating of the manse of mote recovery per hour. Outside of the manse, you only get x2. But other than that, yes.

I have another question... if the hearthstone isn't linked to a manse, but you still slot it into an artifact, do you still get the mote recovery? Wording on the merits implies no, but it seems a tad silly.

Demesne (•• or ••••)—Story

The character controls a place of power in Creation. A demesne is a wellspring of incredible geomantic power, usually a site of incredible natural splendor. A demesne might be the heart of a primeval forest, a crystal cavern behind a mighty waterfall, a field of black glass where desert abuts an ancient volcano, or any other place of clear majesty and power. Most demesnes are strongly aspected toward one of the five elements, but certain rare demesnes resonate with the Essence of the sun or moon, of destiny, or even of death.

A character attuned to a demesne who stands within its boundaries enjoys certain benefits. Outside of combat, he respires an additional two motes of Essence per hour, and may reflexively roll
(Perception + Occult, difficulty 3) to sense any active expenditure of Essence within the demesne’s boundaries. The demesne can also be used as a Means for sorcerous workings which resonate with its
nature (pgs. 487-488), granting one extra interval.

As a four-dot Merit, the character gains control of an exceptionally powerful demesne. She respires four extra motes per hour outside of combat, the difficulty to detect Essence-use becomes 1, and using the demesne as a Means grants two extra intervals.

Hearthstone (•• or ••••)—Story

This Merit bestows ownership of a hearthstone—a gem formed of concentrated geomantic Essence, bearing potent magical powers. Most hearthstones radiate broad mystical benefits into the region surrounding them, but some rarer stones have more concentrated or direct powers, or even hide a handful of potent Evocations within their depths. Most hearthstones are deliberately formed through Essence concentration in manses, but a few hearthstones naturally form in demesnes or at sites where Essence has worked prodigious miracles upon the land. If a hearthstone is linked to a manse, and the manse’s owner places the hearthstone in a specially-designed socket in an attuned artifact, then the character enjoys the benefits of standing within the manse wherever she goes (see the Manse Merit, p. 163).

Two dots in this Merit represents the power of most hearthstones in Creation, while four dots provides a greater hearthstone from an exceptionally powerful manse or demesne.

Manse (••• or •••••)—Story

The character owns a manse—a magnificent magical tower, fortress, palace, or estate raised atop a demesne and designed to capture and channel its power. Many manses are designed to express minor magical powers to enhance the beauty or comfort of the building, such as columns of free-standing water filled with colorful fish, or floors which stay warmed with channeled fire Essence even in the depths of winter. In addition to ownership of the manse itself, possessing this Merit at three dots provides the benefits of both the Demesne Merit (p. 160) and the Hearthstone Merit (p. 161), at two dots each, for no additional cost. With five dots, the character is the owner of a manse raised atop an exceptionally powerful demesne, with a concomitantly powerful hearthstone (replicating the benefits of the four-dot Demesne and Hearthstone Merits).

I'd also recommend folks cross-reference any tags on stones they may be looking to acquire, such as Wyld-Born being from uncapped demesnes only (not manses), and Linked requiring a second stone slotted to function, if I recall correctly.

Dependent: The complex magic of a hearthstone with this keyword only kindles and activates when socketed into an attuned artifact that already contains another hearthstone in one of its other sockets, which must lack this keyword. For example, the Hierophant’s Eye could grant its benefit if placed in the socket of a daiklave with another socket already filled by the Freedom Stone, but not if simply placed in a single-socket daiklave or if the Freedom Stone were absent.

Shit....

Thanks for clarifying. It seemed like it should be that way, but that's not my decision to make.

While I'm dropping Martial Arts, at least for now, I've been looking at dropping Many-Moon Faced Transformation in favor of the Chameleon Stone.

I think you are thnking of 2e. In 3e, it is 2m and 4m recovery out of the manse for a lesser and greater hearthstone, and double inside it.

Dependent: The complex magic of a hearthstone with this keyword only kindles and activates when socketed into an attuned artifact that already contains another hearthstone in one of its other sockets, which must lack this keyword. For example, the Hierophant’s Eye could grant its benefit if placed in the socket of a daiklave with another socket already filled by the Freedom Stone, but not if simply placed in a single-socket daiklave or if the Freedom Stone were absent.

Shit....
AH that's what it was! It wasn't Linked, it was Dependent that makes you have a second. Linked must be that it requires a Manse.

I think you are thnking of 2e. In 3e, it is 2m and 4m recovery out of the manse for a lesser and greater hearthstone, and double inside it.
Yep, cause the Demense is still rated at 4 and not 5, even if the Manse merit is 5.

Ah, yes. You are right. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back