• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Does that mean she's not a fan of people that own pets? Could be a source of comedy later on.

Pets are a grey area. She defaults to "its fine" but if you bring it up she won't be able to explain why it's fine to her satisfaction, and then she'll default to "it's fine" again.

Well, Ibris can, and will, consume spirits, and later, will be able to learn their Eclipse Charms through it.

I mean, she's not a fan of murder. If the spirit in question did something to deserve punishment that would be one thing. If Ibris is extorting spirits and then consuming them anyway, that's going to raise alarm bells.

Sherwood Sherwood Would dexterity charms that mention things like a lunars physical attacks affect ranged attacks?

Eg
TheLunars limbs move with a fluid grace that helps to pierce through the enemies defenses. -1 defense for the enemy.

Would that same mechanical benefit apply but via a different method? Like the Lunars hands handle the weapon with such precision, coordinating with their senses to attack at the perfect angle.
There are specific Charms that affect ranged attacks. Are you talking about them?

One thing I liked, there's a Strength Charm that lets you use Strength for Melee or Martial Arts attacks. So Ibris doesn't need high Dex for accuracy on attacks.

Sherwood Sherwood

Guardian Fang Rebuke
Cost: 2m, 2i; Mins: Wits 3, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Counterattack, Decisive-only, Perilous, Protean
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Pack Instinct Affirmation
The Lunar is blessed with a loyal guardian. When an enemy attacks her, her familiar makes a decisive counterattack. This counts as its action for the round, or for the next round if it’s already taken its turn.

Protean: If the Lunar is in the shape of the same animal as her familiar, this Charm’s Initiative cost is transferred to the familiar before it rolls damage.

Would this charm grant the Lunar a 1dot familiar?

And what would happen if the "loyal guardian" dies? Would it be replaceable or would the charm or familiar merit need to be taken again.

D. Rex D. Rex IIRC, learning Sorcery grants you the Thaumaturgist Merit for free, so you can choose an extra Thaumaturgy, for free. Unless it is different from the Core.
Really? I'll have to look that up and ask Sherwood.

However, there isnt that much Thaumaturgy to choose from. I nabbed most of the ones in the core.

Sherwood Sherwood

Guardian Fang Rebuke
Cost: 2m, 2i; Mins: Wits 3, Essence 1
Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Counterattack, Decisive-only, Perilous, Protean
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Pack Instinct Affirmation
The Lunar is blessed with a loyal guardian. When an enemy attacks her, her familiar makes a decisive counterattack. This counts as its action for the round, or for the next round if it’s already taken its turn.

Protean: If the Lunar is in the shape of the same animal as her familiar, this Charm’s Initiative cost is transferred to the familiar before it rolls damage.

Would this charm grant the Lunar a 1dot familiar?

And what would happen if the "loyal guardian" dies? Would it be replaceable or would the charm or familiar merit need to be taken again.
With the Charm, I will have to think on it. I can see arguments going both ways for it.

If your familiar dies, I'll let you replace it eventually with a new one.

D. Rex D. Rex IIRC, learning Sorcery grants you the Thaumaturgist Merit for free, so you can choose an extra Thaumaturgy, for free. Unless it is different from the Core.
Sorcery gives you a Shaping Ritual and a Spell for free. That is clearly listed in the Sorcery description in the core book.

With the Charm, I will have to think on it. I can see arguments going both ways for it.

If your familiar dies, I'll let you replace it eventually with a new one.
No worries about it right now. I've decided to use the 3 extra charms to get 3 extra spells instead.

I'm thinking among

Summon elemental (which probably Two mornings may not like)
Mists of Eventide
Corrupted Words
Infallible messenger

Sorcery gives you a Shaping Ritual and a Spell for free. That is clearly listed in the Sorcery description in the core book.

Thaumaturgist (••••)—Innate
The character is able to wield a certain small magic, possibly
as part of an ancient tradition, possibly as a unique prodigy
of the world. No one can quite say why one individual is
gifted with thaumaturgy while tens of thousands aren’t;
perhaps the character is the seventh son of a seventh son,
was blessed in the womb by a powerful god, or was simply
born under a confluence of auspicious (or inauspicious…)
signs. For more information on thaumaturgy, see pgs 490-
491. Exalted characters who take the Charm Terrestrial
Circle Sorcery (see pgs. 360-361) gain this Merit at no cost.

Thaumaturgist (••••)—Innate
The character is able to wield a certain small magic, possibly
as part of an ancient tradition, possibly as a unique prodigy
of the world. No one can quite say why one individual is
gifted with thaumaturgy while tens of thousands aren’t;
perhaps the character is the seventh son of a seventh son,
was blessed in the womb by a powerful god, or was simply
born under a confluence of auspicious (or inauspicious…)
signs. For more information on thaumaturgy, see pgs 490-
491. Exalted characters who take the Charm Terrestrial
Circle Sorcery (see pgs. 360-361) gain this Merit at no cost.

Well, I dont know if it makes a difference, but I got 5 dots of Thaumaturgy through

Font of Dark Wisdom
Drinking deep of those secrets hidden by the moon’s dark face, the Lunar’s understanding of cosmic mysteries flourishes. She gains the Thaumaturgist Merit. She may subsequently learn up to five dots worth of thaumaturgical rituals for no experience point cost, although she must still have access to a tutor for them (Exalted, p. 490).

This Charm may be purchased up to (Essence/2, rounded up) times.

Lol, I dont think there is enough Thaumaturgy to use all the points on if it gets points from both.

There will be once they release more books. it is a shame they didn't add more Thaumaturgy rituals to the Dragon-Blooded book, or to the Lunar Book

I may have missed it, but was it said who specifically our mentor is? We're in the south right?
I have a bit in the Lore section about your Mentor. His name is One Tusk, and he is a Full Moon Lunar that is an elephant totem

And yes, you are in the deep south, close to the border with the Wyld. There are Reality Stabilizers around the valley keeping the Wyld influence at bay.

There will be once they release more books. it is a shame they didn't add more Thaumaturgy rituals to the Dragon-Blooded book, or to the Lunar Book
I couldn't agree more.

As of right I don't need them. But when more of them come out, I'll petition Sherwood about thinking the matter over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back