• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Lunar Fury - Exalted 3e OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I might be wrong, but I don't believe that you have to put point into the Martial Arts Ability multiple times for multiple martial art styles. Rykon Rykon ? Do you know the rules on this? I think that it is just a single purchase, even with multiple MA styles, but any Specialties will only apply to one.
3E MA is like craft now, yes. He's right on this. Each style is a separate ability.

In games I run, I used to have a house rule I use to give discounts on raising subsequent crafts and styles if its hamstringing players too much. (Half cost rounded down to raise a craft or style one dot of its lower than your highest rated one)

I only run one game in person now cause I'm a bit scatter brained and lazy. I use an entirely different XP table for it instead. (Flat costs, no algebra)

I might be wrong, but I don't believe that you have to put point into the Martial Arts Ability multiple times for multiple martial art styles. Rykon Rykon ? Do you know the rules on this? I think that it is just a single purchase, even with multiple MA styles, but any Specialties will only apply to one.

Page 154, Corebook. They're seperate. That's why I asked if I can put dots above 3 without spending BP, getting all those to five is expensive.

Hmm. I was not aware of that. That does seem to be a bit expensive for those wanting to focus on multiple martial art styles. I am going to House Rule that the BP for raising the second (or third, etc) above 3 is waved, and the xp cost of subsequent MA styles is 1/2 the cost of a normal Ability. Will add this to the Character thread. That will help to save you a few points.

Sherwood Sherwood

Regarding 4

Every Lunar has a Tell, a distinctive mark that appears in any form she takes. It might be an
animal feature, like a leopard’s tail or a ram’s horns; a distinctive physical trait, like a blind eye
or a prominent scar; a non-visual trait, like a pungent scent or a songbird-like voice; or a subtle
supernatural display, like a shadow that moves independently. If a Tell is inappropriate to a
specific animal form, it might shift into a more suitable appearance while remaining distinctively
identifiable, e.g., if a Lunar whose Tell is goat-like eyes becomes an eyeless animal, she might
manifest distinctive eye-like markings.

Was basing mine on the supernatural display stuff. Given that her hole body is basically a tell at this point. But if youd like something more physical, I can go with something like a split tail or cats eyes.
Well, if you want to go with the more supernatural Tell of the weird shadow, that's ok.

What's considered a viable withering attack?
An attack, whether or not it is represented by a weapon, that can be used as a withering attack.

Mechanically, you want at least a "to hit"/accuracy pool of 10 and a compatible excellency. Maximum possible accuracy is 16 (artifact light weapon gives 5, then 5attr, 5ab, +specialty)

I updated the Character Creation rules for the change in the costs of the Martial Arts Abilities to make it all official.

Well, if you want to go with the more supernatural Tell of the weird shadow, that's ok.
Nonsense! As the Storyteller, I defer to you if it's okay. If you feel that it would be better to have a more physical trait would be better thematically, I'll think of something cool too. After all, the shadow thing was just the first thing that popped into my head.

Its ok. I was just thinking that a more physical Tell was appropriate, but if the book does say that odd stuff can take place for one, lets run with it.

An attack, whether or not it is represented by a weapon, that can be used as a withering attack.

Mechanically, you want at least a "to hit"/accuracy pool of 10 and a compatible excellency. Maximum possible accuracy is 16 (artifact light weapon gives 5, then 5attr, 5ab, +specialty)
Mmhmm, gotcha. So I may need to go into archery or throw anyway.

Maybe I can find a nice middle ground, and find an artifact weapon that also has sorcerous properties or focus style evocations.

Do specialties add +1 die? Or +1 successes? Or was the success a stunt thing. I cant remember.

Specialties add +1 die to the appropriate situation.

Its ok. I was just thinking that a more physical Tell was appropriate, but if the book does say that odd stuff can take place for one, lets run with it.
Psshaw, I defer to stroyteller over book. I'll get creative and think of something to even show in the state shes in. Mystical, yet physical.

Specialties add +1 die to the appropriate situation.
If +sorcery was used as an occult specialty. Would that apply to all things regarding sorcery? Or only the shaping action, or hit part, or damage.

Psshaw, I defer to stroyteller over book. I'll get creative and think of something to even show in the state shes in. Mystical, yet physical.

If +sorcery was used as an occult specialty. Would that apply to all things regarding sorcery? Or only the shaping action, or hit part, or damage.
Whenever the spell calls for a Occult + [Attribute] roll, that is when the Specialty applies. So if you are doing sorcerous research, it would work, the same as when you are building up Sorcerous Motes to cast a spell.

Afraid I haven't really had a chance to do much regarding my character yet. Been busy with other stuff.

Here's an idea for a tell. Will always have the glowing/reflective trait of a cats eyes (tapetum lucidum layer in the back of the eye), regardless of the form she is in. In an eyeless form it may show itself as a reflective splotch of color or a faint bioluminescence.

Cause magic and glowy bits go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Afraid I haven't really had a chance to do much regarding my character yet. Been busy with other stuff.
Its ok. No rush. Take your time!
Here's an idea for a tell. Will always have the glowing/reflective trait of a cats eyes (tapetum lucidum layer in the back of the eye), regardless of the form she is in. In an eyeless form it may show itself as a reflective splotch of color or a faint bioluminescence.

Cause magic and glowy bits go together like peanut butter and jelly.
I like it.

If possible, I would like to start the game by this weekend, but there is no rush.

I'll likely be free on Friday, and I'll try to use the time to work on my character.

Sherwood Sherwood Rykon Rykon

Little girl big gun is always a fun image.

The first question I ask myself is, "is it cool?"

Then I ask will it work.

So...

Based on yalls experience, are weapons like are weapons like an artifact fire piece or fire wand worth the slow tag?

Or would thrown be better given the accuracy ranges.

Its six of one, half dozen of the other. A good artifact firecaster weapon is going to be a nasty thing, but the speed is a downer. But you are not the front line fighter of the team, so you should not need the speed of fire.

If you want a more rapid rate, go for a bow.

Oddly enough, artifact no, mundane yes. Draw second gun, third gun, fourth gun... and just reload later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back