• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Zelda: The Old Ways OOC

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
So thanks to mining their food sources ran out and they just.... died out without anything to leave behind
Something along those lines. And while they are heat resistant, I don't think they could handle direct contact with lava so what if Death Mountain erupted some time in the past and more or less finished them off?

Oh. I had thought magic would be in the past, where they learn, then they'd return with it. That's fine.

...with second thought, I realized you might be referring to the transition. If she has very little fish blood, I can't use the fact that  lots of fish change gender easily. Don't worry, I'll fix that. When I get a chance.

((Sorry for taking so long to reply.)) I was thinking she was in graduate school, so she'd have some experience with potions. Obviously that won't work. I might change her major to something else. Maybe history? Something that'd be helpful, though I'd likely make her younger, so she's just learned generalized stuff. (I kind of love the out-of-their-element trope.)

But yeah, I can change her gender. Thank you for being so patient with me.
Except she won't be a fish.
You might wanna check the lore page before you edit again, and having chemistry as her major would put her out of her element because none of those things exists in the past, kind of like how a 'sneak' potion would be a weak imitation that doesn't even work because someone found the recipe, thought "Hey I can try to replicate it and sell it for a lot of money" so any 'new'potions resembling 'old' potions work very badly or not at all since the ingredients aren't the same

Something along those lines. And while they are heat resistant, I don't think they could handle direct contact with lava so what if Death Mountain erupted some time in the past and more or less finished them off?
I was thinking that the Volcano stopped being as active, drawing people there to mine for the precious gems found there and unknowingly depleting the food source with their mining. Or accidentally letting tunnels collapse that have the rocks they eat

Less heat = more people = more people mining = less food

Except she won't be a fish. You might wanna check the lore page before you edit again, and having chemistry as her major would put her out of her element because none of those things exists in the past, kind of like how a 'sneak' potion would be a weak imitation that doesn't even work because someone found the recipe, thought "Hey I can try to replicate it and sell it for a lot of money" so any 'new'potions resembling 'old' potions work very badly or not at all since the ingredients aren't the same
There is the slim chance of genetic mutation where other traits could randomly appear in a generation.
I was thinking that the Volcano stopped being as active, drawing people there to mine for the precious gems found there and unknowingly depleting the food source with their mining. Or accidentally letting tunnels collapse that have the rocks they eat

Less heat = more people = more people mining = less food
That might make a bit more sense. I was just thinking that the Gorons deserved to go out with a bang.

There is the slim chance of genetic mutation where other traits could randomly appear in a generation.

That might make a bit more sense. I was just thinking that the Gorons deserved to go out with a bang.
There is, but the dna would be so much diluted that that chances of someone looking exactly like a traditional Zora are none

And sure they deserve that, but they already had survived on Death Mountain too long for the Volcano to kill them off

They can learn magic, I wouldn't mind if Elephe has a ressesive gene that allows her to use healing magic if she learns it, but that would be the only way she could learn it, by going to BotW era and learning it, then she could basically use it when they get back (although that is a thing for another time)
The master sword, although it usually is only wielded by those with the triforce of courage, isn't gonna be picky about who, so long as they have a piece of the triforce (so those of a royal or knight lineage), but Rosalyn still needs to learn how to wield it and since those from royal lineage have the triforce of wisdom (it has no function) they can use it to seal Ganon, but no much else, but again, they'd need to learn it.

I really need to improve the lore page

hmmm what are good recessive traits for the Rito descendants?
So far I have minor wind magic useage

hmmm what are good recessive traits for the Rito descendants?
So far I have minor wind magic useage
How about primitive feathers like those of a cassowary? Looks more like fur, but maybe it takes the place of their head hair? I reckon they'd probably have weaker bones too.

Besides, it's a rp, it would be useful if they need info, but no one else could help them, just ask the birds
Fair enough. I guess I was just thinking about the many colors of plumage the Rito descendants could have if they were feather heads. The guys would likely be more extravagant than the gals because that's generally how real are but the gals would probably be more meticulous in their "hair care."

Fair enough. I guess I was just thinking about the many colors of plumage the Rito descendants could have if they were feather heads. The guys would likely be more extravagant than the gals because that's generally how real are but the gals would probably be more meticulous in their "hair care."
Lool it's fair to think about that, but then those who have feathers in obvious places(arms legs, head) could possibly be sheltered from everyone else

Besides, I had been thinking about something concerning those deacnedants. Remember the masks from Majora's Mask?

Vaguely, I never actually played that one before.
So basically Link could turn into a Deku, zora, Goron and god with a mask (might've missed one.

I was thinking that same principle, but less horrifying and not with a mask, but a necklace, ring, bracelet or earing.

They wouldn't be able to use those in modern times since magic is gone, but in the other eras they could use whatever item they have been gifted (by Hylia at one point) to become an actual Zora or Rito

So basically Link could turn into a Deku, zora, Goron and god with a mask (might've missed one.

I was thinking that same principle, but less horrifying and not with a mask, but a necklace, bracelet or earing.

They wouldn't be able to use those in modern times since magic is gone, but in the other eras they could use whatever item they have been gifted (by Hylia at one point) to become an actual Zora or Rito
That'll work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back