• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Howl's Flying Castle (Finished! ---Whoo! (*^▽^)/)

Renee nodded when he advised her to act normal, trying to relax and let her wings flutter a bit as she walked a bit closer to the royals. She placed her arms on the stone railings of the balcony and looked up at the moon, listening to the Prince. It makes sense what he was saying about the Order using Seifer as a lab rat, it's why she didn't feel comfortable being here. Some of the guests and wizards from the Order are already looking at her weirdly for her differences. If that's how it is, then she rather keep this secret to her grave just so Seifer won't suffer in their hands.

Once the Oriental guards came by for his drink, Renee muttered innocently. "...Sometimes I just wish to fly away and never come back down again..." It was just a ruse for the guards to not suspect something is off, at the same time, she really does want to stay in the sky...

But she can't...because her wings will cramp up after hours of flying.

As she continued to listen to Prince Kenren after the guards left, the Pendragon teen looked over to see him gazing at her and that's when everything clicked in her mind. This is why Ken-chan is so determined to win against the dragon. It's because he was already under so much pressure since the day he was born and he's so used to fighting day in and out that he honestly didn't know what else is out there other than struggle. That's...really sad when she thought about it.

'That would also explain why he freezes whenever I hug him too...' Renee concluded to herself.

Renee released a heavy sigh as she really couldn't understand of carrying such dire responsibilities...but she understands about wanting something so badly that you would do anything for it. Including to trust in others and hope that they won't jeopardize anything.

"...Fine, I'm in. I don't know about my family and friends as you will have to ask them yourself. However...I will help you as long you help me protect them should we ever survive this." Renee said firmly, standing up straight and fully facing the Prince. Her eyes glowed in determination and trust.

"I swear to you that I'll let you know what we find as long you don't repeat it. I rather avoid another Hisaya incident..Expect a copy of what we find in your office soon. I'll even hand delivery it so no one can get curious about it." Renee told to the Prince then her serious frown softened into a smile.

"...Thank you...for everything, Ken-chan..." Renee hugged him tightly before letting go and hugging princess Mia too. Then she giggled a bit. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a dance with my name written on it. Have a good evening Princess Mia. Prince Kenren Taisho."

"Oh! And can you tell your ninja guard thanks for me? He's really cool Ken-chan." She said to the prince, her wings fluttering in her amusement as she walked back in the terrace and towards Seifer. The winged teen waited beside the archer and smiled happily. Yep, she's going to have to talk with her brothers soon...

Just not now...not safe enough for her liking.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Balcony -
" Trinity Spire, Second floor, Ballroom "
3b12a93711b2b11b2e1945d108ff469d.jpg

"No, I'd rather be kept in the dark, Renee." said Princess Mia, meekly. "I'm not a very good actress, that's why I never visited you in the atelier. The little I know, the little I may accidentally reveal to my ministers and the Order." she turned to Kenren. "I accept your allegiance, Kenren Taisho. I would offer you mine, but as it stands, I have no riches, and no army. The only power I have is the affection of my people and friends dear to me." she said very gracefully.

"That is more than enough. Your friends are quite something, Princess Mia." chuckled Kenren looking at Renee, her family, and friends mingling all over the ballroom. "I will protect them, Renee," he inclined his head, " as much as I've protected my people. Though the no-repeat I cannot promise, because you may discover new things I can use to boost my military might, wealth, and power. " He then smiled, "But I will at least tell you beforehand what I will do if time permits it. "

He patted her head, a bit less awkwardly this time, when she hugged him, adding that he does not want a copy. Rather he only wished they allowed Chenglei to be with them and for Kenren himself to read the book. "I have a photographic memory." he said, tapping his temple. He was surprised that Renee noticed his hidden guard and just told her that he will.

"Hello, Renee." said Seifer looking bored. He then whispered. "I hope you're here to tell me that I must leave because a dying person's last wish is my autograph, because this lot is so dull." he looked over at the nobles and ladies his mother was talking to.

Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
She felt a lot more secured with Kenren's word, epscially when he was honest about not being able to keep his word for the no-repeat. The prince is willing to tell her the truth and that's more than enough for Renee to believe him.

"H-hello Seifer." Poor guy...Giggling, Renee nodded and asked him quietly. "We can go dancing right now if you like?" Her wings fluttered excitedly at the suggestion, not exactly hiding how she felt about it.

Zer0 Zer0

Last edited:
- Seifer Rathmore -

"Or that." said Seifer, clapping then pointing at Renee for the simple brilliancy of the plan. "That's a more plausible reason." He made a show offering his hand to her, then quite loudly excused himself from the high-society crowd.

"May we have a turn dancing with you as well, Mr. Rathmore?" asked a group of smiling girls who had been talking with him earlier. "Um, later, after Lady Stormcleaver of course." they giggled at the nickname.

"Definitely." said Seifer suavely, waving a careless hand without a backwards glance.

"Would you also like to go get a drink later?" asked another girl as they passed them.

"Yes. Couqettish wine. One bottle. Leave it on the table."

"O-okay."

The music floating around the halls was mellow orchestral music, definitely for ballroom dancing. "My parents often host parties like these back in the mansion. " he said to Renee as they made their way to the center of the dance floor. "Though I always go out to the servants' wing if I could as they're usually boring. Street music is much more lively and wonderful. So, shall it be ballroom or salsa?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee gently placed her hand on his, looking all graceful as she listens to Seifer talk and avoid the girls smoothly. Wow...the fangirls will never leave his side, will they? That's very scary...to Renee because she enjoys her privacy. So she couldn't help but feel a little bad for them and for the archer.

She listened to Seifer as they made their way to the center of the dance floor and blinked at him, shocked. So he used to run into the servants' wing to get away instead of staying to enjoy the spot light? That's actually pretty slick of him...and really funny because that means he runs away no matter what it is, as long it interests him or not.

Then she smiled at him when he asked as her eyes glowed mischievously. "Well...It would make sense to do ballroom because of the music...but can we dance Salsa instead? It'll definitely liven up the party, don't you think?"

Echo noticed the pair walking in the middle and lightly tapped on Lydia's shoulder to point at them. They were at the side as Serena wanted to eat another sweet. "Look..."

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Seifer Rathmore -

"Definitely, salsa it is then." he left to talk to the orchestra and after a minute came back. "Right, we've got a while till this piece ends and the real dancing begins." he said excited and pleased. "Let's start with the basics."

After two minutes, trumpets suddenly blared and drums jived with the beat akin to a lively tango. "Shall we?" smiled Seifer, offering both his hands. The moment they touched, he shook and swayed, taken immediately by the beat, but didn't move ahead. He watched how Renee moved, synching his steps with hers until she relaxed and he finally took the lead, letting loose in tune with the fast bounce of the salsa, shedding his inhibitions and just having fun.

He turned quickly and elegantly, yet there was a roughness to him, like he was someone you don't underestimate. The warmth between them grew as he led Renee across the dance floor that was slowly losing its mellow dancers to be replaced by a much livelier crowd such as the satyrs; Seth took this chance to ask Serena for a dance. He obviously didn't know how to salsa, but he didn't care and danced so exuberantly people were moving away for fear of injury.

Seifer kept his eyes on Renee. Every twist, dip, and turn was synched with her movements that nothing felt forced, as if they were floating on air. It was in salsa that one could understand why he loved to dance, because he let all his worries go. Nothing mattered except right here, right now, he was living. One with the music, and one with Renee.

Katsuya Katsuya

Lydia was looking at the sweets but none particularly interested her, mainly because she was already full. At least she didn't eat like a starved chipmunk all the time, otherwise she would probably be as big around as she was tall. She huffed, partially from the thought of how huge she could be and partially because her stomach just felt full, but at least her tactic of nibbling instead of just stuffing her face didn't leave her feeling over stuffed, just not hungry. She was resting a hand on the satin fabric covering her stomach when Echo tapped her on the shoulder.

"mwha?" she said almost sleepily and looked where Echo was pointing, a grin spreading across her features, "aaaw... Ren..." she had to resist the urge to giggle. Maybe having his soul removed for a while had caused the archer to have a change of heart.

Katsuya Katsuya

In those two minutes, Renee practiced the basics, following the steps until the trumpets play and she grinned. "R-ready!"

As soon she laid her hands in his, the Pendragon sister swayed along to get the feel of the beat, closing her eyes so she wouldn't get nervous with people around. Once she got the beat down and she relaxes, a talltale of hers is her wings fluttering happily, she felt the shift in Seifer.

She let him take charge as he lead her across the dancefloor, her smile growing wider as she has fun. Quick and sharp turns, spins that would've made a person feel dizzy with how fast they go, and a freedom a person could ever dream of, Renee followed the flow. It was like she was in a trance sorts and the only one who can snap her out of it is the one with her.

Fluttering her eyes open, she felt her cheeks turning red as the heat around them grew. She wondered absentmindedly if that's because of the passion Seifer is showing in this dance before she drop the thought and shut her brain. Who cares what it is. All that matters is them having fun and to her, they are alone again. In their own little world as they dipped, twist and turned.

She didn't notice Serena dancing wildly with Seth nor did she notice a much livelier crowd dancing with them. All she kept her eyes on was Seifer.

Once the music ended and everyone clapped loudly, the winged teen blinked out of her trance and blushed a bright red. Seifer has her in a dipping position, one arm around her back and the other still holding onto her hand. Their bodies were pretty close as she has her arm around his neck and her hand in his hair like she trusted him to not drop her while feeling open. Her wings were spread open but relaxed and...one of her legs is on his hip!

Her heart pounded against her chest (from the intense dance or that they were extremely close) as she gulped, unable to take her eyes away from his.

"...Wow...." Was the only thing she can say right now as her mind was blown away.

Echo had her hands on her mouth as she couldn't help but grin widely.

Last edited:
- Seifer Rathmore -

When Seifer pulled Renee to stand he looked as though he was seeing her for the first time. "Renee, you are a girl . . ." he said, surprised, searching her eyes.

James who had been having a pleasant conversation, glanced at the dance floor, piqued by the sound of applause. He frowned at the two. He had the protective-watch-dog-brother-look and was eyeing Seifer with a look that plainly showed that he thought he wasn't good enough for his sister; Sen and Seth were looking at him the same way.

Seifer smirked at Renee, touching her wings. "I must be a great teacher. You look like you're having a good time. Want to learn more dance moves? This time, horizontally?" he winked.

Katsuya Katsuya

Her eyes grew wider and wider as she watched Seifer and Renee dance. it was like a stop animation, the widening of her eyes combined with the slow movement of her hands as they moved towards her mouth, taking on much the same gesture as Echo, both hands overlapping over her mouth, her face the color of a tomato. She didn't know who or what she was more stunned by and only seemed to come out of her daze when the clapping started. She then gently cleared her throat and bumped Echo if she hadn't already lowered her hands from her mouth before she began clapping exuberantly, her shock turning into a grin.

Katsuya Katsuya Zer0 Zer0

When he helped her up, Renee gave him a deadpanned stare, raising an eyebrow. "Seifer, really? This whole time you really didn't believe that I'm a girl." That's an insult! She lightly slapped his arm, not moving away as she is comfortable within his arm distance.

Then she froze when he touch her wings, her face turning redder and redder. He's touching her wings! Ahhhh! Said feathered appendages fluttered softly against his hands as her heart continued to pound.

"Ye-yea...I would love that..." Renee stuttered timidly, smiling sweetly at him, her cheeks tinted pink. Then she realized what he said and...

She slapped him across his face, her wings puffed up in her embarrassed agitation. "I-I'm not easy, you perv!!!! I cannot believe you!" Renee's eyes might as well be swirling right now as she can't think straight at the moment.

Echo, feeling Lydia's bump, clapped as well. Her ears twitched. Looks like someone got hooked~

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

- Seifer Rathmore -

Slap

Some people in the crowd gasped and stared at the two. Seifer looked, well, he looked like he just got slapped.

His hold on Renee loosened as he gaped, blinking, raising a hand to his cheek and looking nonplussed. "Easy? . . ." He repeated like he couldn't believe what Renee was saying, though he didn't look mad nor did he move away. "That's not why I . . . You want to play hard to get?" he said trying to understand her.

"'Cause you definitely didn't say no . . ." he whispered, giving Renee the smolder look like Valentino, waggling his eyebrows, as he leaned dangerously close.

Katsuya Katsuya

Her face turned redder and redder when he leaned in close, extremely confused as to what's going on. Renee started to hyperventilate as her mind went into overdrive. Why is he doing that?! What does he mean by that? What is going on?!

Her wings were flapping though out of her panic as her eyes stay glued to his face. "Wh-what do y-yo-you m-mean 'pla-pl-play hard to g-g-get?!' I-I th-tho-thought yo-you di-didn't l-l-lik-like m-m-!" She needed air. She needed air! Renee whipped her head back and forth, noticing all the eyes staring at them. Her chest hitched and she froze with her eyes growing wider and wider.

"...help..." She quietly muttered, not realizing that she said what she was thinking.

Zer0 Zer0

The look of shock reappeared on her face and she could only imagine what Seifer had said to Renee to earn a slap. She had her turn with his lecherousness after all and as this thought occurred to her, she shook her head, "excuse me Echo..."

She moved swiftly to intervene, they didn't need to cause any more of a scene and there were already a lot of eyes upon them. Her dress rustled as she actually quite gracefully moved towards the duo, her arm hooking around Renee's, "Seifer, don't be such a cad," and tugged on Renee's arm to lead her away.

- Seifer Rathmore -

"I really like how you say one thing, but your body says another." whispered Seifer, amused. His hold was loose around her; the hand earlier on his cheek now softly tracing the edge of her wings to still them. "You're not putting up much of a fight. Renee."

So close was he, that the breath from his parted lips felt hot upon her cheeks.

Suddenly he withdrew. "But I respect your wish." he let her go, shrugging. "Hard to get it is. You'll know what it means soon enough, and whether I like you or not." he added sarcastically, though the stormy grey eyes looking at her were playfully teasing. "Though I thought it was fairly obvious."

That was when Lydia came, and for a moment Seifer looked annoyed. He gave her the most annoying smirk in his repertoire and just composedly watched her lead Renee away from the dance floor.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

She didn't respond to Seifer's annoyed look, she was never one to have any of his nonsense, but resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at him and instead retained her composed facade, eyeing Seifer in much the same manner that a disapproving mother would before turning her nose up in the air and hurrying Renee away from him and out onto the terrace so she could maybe catch her breath.

Her face was marked with worry as soon as they were away from the crowd and she placed her hands on either of Renee's arms as she stood in front of her, "are you alright?"

Too close-! Too close-! TOO CLOSE-!! Renee closed her eyes as she felt her wings being stilled by his hands. His touch was gentle but his words...

She felt his arms letting her go and she blinked widely, her mind fuzzed. The Pendragon sister could barely hear what he was saying as her heartbeat throbbed harshly and she gulped.

Did he...did he just hinted that he-!? But wait-! Then!?

"When-!? Wha-!? Lydia?!?!" She squeaked rather cutely when the little witch pulled her away from the now very forward archer. Renee couldn't look away from his stormy grey eyes. Her wings flapped rapidly in her brief panic.

"We-! WE ARE SO TALKING AFTER THIS, YOU HEAR ME?! " Renee shouted at Seifer as she followed Lydia.

Once they were outside, Renee heard her friend and gasped out. "I'm... I..." She gulped again as her face bloomed a ruby red blush.

"Seifer...just...he...I thi-!" Nope, her mind is fried from how close he was to her. She can still feel the heat between them and shuddered. "....I don't know any-anymore...."

Renee's yelling just made Lydia more embarrassed than she was from having watched the interaction between she and Seifer, if there hadn't been enough eyes on them already, there were more now on account of the Pendragon's yelling. Her granny boots clacked loudly along the floor as she quickened her pace to get Renee outside on the terrace.

She couldn't help but crack a slight smile and laugh a little at how Renee was acting. She hadn't thought to stop her from spending so much time with him recently because in a way she thought it was good for her but this little occurrence had her mind thinking, but before she said anything she needed to calm Renee down, "shhhh..... you don't need to say anything. Just calm down and breathe. Stay calm like when you are summoning."

Katsuya Katsuya

She could care less about the people staring at her for yelling; Right now she wants to know when did he start liking her for blooming sake!

Listening to Lydia's suggestion, Renee took one shaky breath after another, trying to clam down...Only to his echoing in her head and her blush turned redder. Her wings fluttered energetically. 'Oh my goodness...Think of James, Sen, and Seth being full and warm. Full and warm....warm...Oh no-!!!'

It took more than a few minutes but she managed to somewhat calm down, her face went to a pretty pink color as she bitten her bottom lip. Renee let out a long and quiet sigh before gulping. "Okay...Okay....Thank you Lydia..." She smiled nervously as if she was expecting something or someone to jump out of nowhere.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Lydia kept her hands on Renee's arms, watching her carefully and only let go once she was sure her friend was calm. She gave a slight not and a warm smile, the expression slowly fading as she began to think of what she wanted to say about what had happened. She didn't know what was said and she didn't really need to know either, that much she was sure of, it was how she wanted to approach the topic with Renee, especially since they weren't exactly in a secure location.

Unconsciously, she had moved her hand to her chin as she commonly did when she was thinking, her brow furrowing slightly as she looked past Renee's left shoulder and into the night beyond before those green eyes turned towards Renee and focused on her face, a sigh slipping from her as she lowered her hands, "Renee... you know what I know," She looked at Renee seriously, her eyebrows raising slightly to signify that what she was saying held a deeper meaning than she was willing to vocalize at the moment, "you should take that knowledge into careful consideration... he's not the kind of person you're used to dealing with."

The brunette wasn't sure if her message was clear enough for Renee to understand what she was trying to say without saying exactly what she meant and she searched Renee's face for any hint of understanding. She was trying to let on to the fact that Seifer was not himself and that Renee knew that. She wanted to make sure that Renee understood that there was still darkness lurking in him thanks to the dragon soul fragment, "be careful, okay?" concern marked her face, she didn't want Renee to lose herself in her feelings for Seifer even though he had seemed to turn over a new leaf.

Katsuya Katsuya

Renee raised her eyebrow, listening to Lydia's advice.

Yea, they both know that Seifer is a big troll. Of course, he's a vain pervert who doesn't know what boundaries are, she's not very good at handling silly direct people like Seifer and Chenglei. So how would she be able to handle that? Handle ...him??? Renee sighed as her pink cheeks turned red again. Wrong terminology....

Feeling a bit disgruntled at the fact that she not only needs to talk with her brothers but with the Pervert as well tonight, the Pendragon sister nodded as a set frown shown on her face. Then she smiled warmly at the little witch. "Of course! Why did you think I slapped him for?...He's being a perv and he told me I could punch him if he ever does something wrong...again."

It's a promise, so she's ready to punch him if he ever does something more drastic than that!

"...Oh and Lydia...can you keep an eye on James? It would be really bad if he started to choke the Perv." That would waste their efforts of bringing Seifer back. "Well...come on...back into the party."

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Zer0 Zer0

Lydia slowly shook her head, her eyes wide as she stared into Renee's face while she spoke and she eventually closed her eyes and lay a hand on her face, realizing that Renee didn't get her meaning and as Renee turned to go back to the party, Lydia caught her hand and moved in front of her again, placing a hand on Renee's chest, "Renee. His heart can't belong to just you."

She smiled slightly, if that didn't get it through to the girl, she didn't know what would and she didn't want to see her in danger or toyed with. She removed her hand from Renee and also released her hand before turning back towards the party, "yes, I will keep an eye on him, don't worry... and make sure to save some time for me later... for girl talk," she grinned and hurried back instead to go stop James who was likely ready to murder Seifer.

When she felt that tug and a hand on her chest, Renee was a bit confused, watching Lydia walk back to the party. What was that about? It isn't like she believed his heart would belong...to...just...her...?

That's when she pieced the words together and felt like an idiot. Lydia meant him being a Deathknight! That his heart isn't just his own but a part of the dragon's as well. Was...was she worried that the dragon's influence might be affecting Seifer somehow?

'I don't think he is influenced like that...Powers, yea. Personality? I don't think so...'Renee thought as she stood in the balcony, her wings fluttering lightly. She remembered that face he made once. It was the same face he made during her mental breakdown at Kingsbury's castle, when James somehow pushed him away and Seifer stood up, not knowing what to do. If the dragon was influencing him with his personality, then Seifer would've not taken that slap lightly like he did tonight. He wouldn't have been so confused of what to do.

Isn't that the same with Hisaya? Renee thought that he was short-tempered even when he was human. It's what make him qualified to be 'Wrath'. Just like how Seifer being proud is what makes him 'Pride'...or so what one of her many theories say.

"Yea...we might need that girl talk after all..." Renee muttered quietly as she walked back inside and looked for the Pervert. Okay, she can think clearly. so she should be fine now...right?

In the meanwhile, Echo stood near James, her smile was tense as she has seen what happened and she rather not have James outright attack Seifer...again...at a party...again. Serena's doing her best with the twins by grabbing onto their shirts and tugging them away from the archer. Golly, she's strong in her own right.

Last edited:
The train of Lydia's black gown swished along the floor like a fish tail as she hurried over to Echo and James, her black curls bouncing wildly as she partially ran to them before hooking her arm around James' arm hurriedly but somewhat confidently despite the noticeable trembling of her hand, "Echo... maybe help Serena with the twins?" she suggested between clenched teeth as she tried to muster a grin and patted James' arm a few times, "only words, James. Only words."

She hadn't met any other Deathknights besides Wrath and so she didn't know how the dragon would influence them, all she knew was that his soul would vie for dominance according to Hisaya. That was what was important to her, it may not have happened yet, the dragon may not have taken over more than previously, but that didn't mean it wouldn't happen before they could remove that part and that's what made Lydia nervous. She wouldn't say anything to James, not now at least and simply held onto his arm and tried to calm him.

As far as she was concerned, Seifer was still in a somewhat delicate state and she held a concern for everyone involved or associating with him. They didn't really know what could make him lose his grip.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Echo nodded at Lydia's suggestion and walked towards the twins, grabbing Sen's and Seth's shirts and lifting them up. "Now now boys! Your sister is a big girl now. She can take care of herself." The fawn said calmly as she tilted her head. Serena hummed in agreement.

"Echo's right. Renee can handle herself without our help in these types of things. Now come on! There's more sweets I want to try. Echo." The violinist motioned her head to where James is sitting with Lydia and the fawn dragged the boys to sit the chairs.

"There! Now Serena will come back with something sweet to eat okay, Seth? Sen?" Echo tried to reassure them as she kept her body in their chairs' way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back