• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hell City (Reboot)

For some reason my characters always tend to stick to one person and like leech off them for a bit...

Actually more of I find someone willing to converse with my character and stick with them for a long while.

Yeah Lilah should know this. Poor Himi.

Oh god I probably scared everyone away again.

[QUOTE="Lilah Tunth]Thank God.........
I hate that.........so frustrating.......

Also, I heard of a scruffle between you and Gowther........what was that?

[/QUOTE]
He was powergaming and controlling characters without others consent because 'he was co-GM and wanted to move things along'. But eh. I'd rather not get into that rn.

I despise playing more than one character, which is why I never do it. After all, my gang boss or deadly sin aren't characters. They're plot devices :)

Meh, sometimes I drop RPs because the co-GM keeps controlling my characters, sometimes making them act way out of character.

Colt556 said:
I despise playing more than one character, which is why I never do it. After all, my gang boss or deadly sin aren't characters. They're plot devices :)
The smiley emote makes everything evil.

Chibii said:
Meh, sometimes I drop RPs because the co-GM keeps controlling my characters, sometimes making them act way out of character.
If they do that I ignore them and go on about my buisiness. Tbh.

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]Quick question: Has this started?

[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure it'll start later. Sinister clown just needs to finish a few small things and make the opening post is all. Just stay tuned for the next few hours.

Colt556 said:
I really should make an actual legit character, so far I have two glorified NPCs and no actual character.
You're making me feel bad considering I only have what you deem a 'glorified NPC'

Chibii said:
You're making me feel bad considering I only have what you deem a 'glorified NPC'
Well such characters can be psuedo-legit characters. The problem is they're really meant to enhance the roleplay for others and depending on what they are/how they are they can't do that if they're treated like a normal character. But there is some overlap, it just depends on how you manage to roleplay them.

Colt556 said:
Well such characters can be psuedo-legit characters. The problem is they're really meant to enhance the roleplay for others and depending on what they are/how they are they can't do that if they're treated like a normal character. But there is some overlap, it just depends on how you manage to roleplay them.
If that's the case maybe I should really put in a human character...

Although it's 2am...

Colt556 said:
Yeah, i think that was the problem with the first rp. Ppl with those character kind of went haywire and yeah. Messy...

TripTripleTimes said:
Yeah, i think that was the problem with the first rp. Ppl with those character kind of went haywire and yeah. Messy...
When you have that type of character you shouldn't ever hesitate to show off their strength. But displays of power are suppose to set the tone. In any media you have someone doing something badass, for example in X-Men Magneto routinely does amazing feats, such as lifting an entire stadium or the golden gate bridge. These actions are intended to tell the audience "holy shit this guy's fucking strong" and set him up as a powerful enemy to overcome. Like these deadly sins, they're the antagonists and will all end up dead according to Sinister, so their owners shouldn't hesitate to set them up as the big bads. But at the end of the day all those displays of power are suppose to make other people feel good as they overcome such powerful characters.

In short, people get plot devices and then make the mistake of thinking they're legitimate characters.

Colt556 said:
When you have that type of character you shouldn't ever hesitate to show off their strength. But displays of power are suppose to set the tone. In any media you have someone doing something badass, for example in X-Men Magneto routinely does amazing feats, such as lifting an entire stadium or the golden gate bridge. These actions are intended to tell the audience "holy shit this guy's fucking strong" and set him up as a powerful enemy to overcome. Like these deadly sins, they're the antagonists and will all end up dead according to Sinister, so their owners shouldn't hesitate to set them up as the big bads. But at the end of the day all those displays of power are suppose to make other people feel good as they overcome such powerful characters.
In short, people get plot devices and then make the mistake of thinking they're legitimate characters.
*claps*

It is one of the reasons I am holding off making Connor.............I have no real need for him other then a controllable-by-me plot device that I can have fun with.

Chibii said:
Done with the Nurse :D
Aww man, if Corriane dies I'm gonna be real sad.
This is why I make more than one character in RP's where they can die. I can have the others die for plot progression and leave the favorite(s) alone until the absolute perfect time for them to die. At-least, that's my logic anyway.

Mitchs98 said:
This is why I make more than one character in RP's where they can die. I can have the others die for plot progression and leave the favorite(s) alone until the absolute perfect time for them to die. At-least, that's my logic anyway.
I'll probably expand Indigo's character and personality a bit then... If Corri's gonna die mind as well leave a character I like alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back