• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice DnD 5e "Wings of Chaos"

Jaye said:
Wow it's almost like you're ignoring me. Fascinating.
I saw ( :P ) I meant to comment all gleeful-like.
sorriesies, i thought the gestalt issue was an issue of power. if you don't want me multiclassing wizard, than i can go with the arcane trickster path instead. if that would be preferred. though a rogue/wizard is hardly anything to worry about.

Umbrie said:
sorriesies, i thought the gestalt issue was an issue of power. if you don't want me multiclassing wizard, than i can go with the arcane trickster path instead. if that would be preferred. though a rogue/wizard is hardly anything to worry about.
Ah, you've misunderstood something else - I am not the GM. I do not run this game nor do I get the final word on anything. Hence why I sent you to redfang.

@Umbrie

Should your character be accepted into this game as a half-nymph (not sure why that'd be an issue since it's just a name change from what I can tell), Drok would probably be drawn towards her since he's a Feypact Warlock. Would she mind having a big bullman as a possible bodyguard?

I didn't do anything yet. I just figured that this thread would be perfect for announcing it.

Excuse me @Jaye , but exactly how did you manage to do the bar on the side of your post? I was just wondering, because if we all had something like that, then it would make keeping track of things much easier.

Primordial Primrose]Excuse me [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/2644-jaye/ said:
@Jaye[/URL] , but exactly how did you manage to do the bar on the side of your post? I was just wondering, because if we all had something like that, then it would make keeping track of things much easier.
People ask me this so often (various "How did???") and I seriously have to ask back - do people not realise you can see me code if you quote my post?

Basically it's a combo of the [ side ] code and the [ accordion ] code. [ side ] to make it hang over on the right hand side with the divider line and the [ accordion ] for the drop down menu things.

I hella encourage people to quote and thus yoink my code.

Also, @redfang54 , Because of my characters standing in the military and monastery in amastacia, I was considering imposing a tax on her which would go to the government, the monks, the military, and the poor, with only a sliver of the money for her personal endeavors. In exchange, she could possibly gain rights or abilities regarding those to whom she donates. I was thinking of making it function as follows.

Military Funding: 20% of income. Because she is technically still an acting soldier, she must pay a portion of that which she earns. In exchange for this, Astrianna can travel with the military, request modest food and board, invoke her rights as a message-corps officer, and sometimes request backup soldiers.

Monastery Tithes: 20% of income. Able to benefit from teaching, meals, a place of rest, and the monastery's resources.

Poor Folks Needs: 30% of income. Non really, but the urchins and other poor people begin to view her as a gentler and more valuable person.

Government Taxes: 10% of income. Protected by Amastacia, considered a citizen, can appear with council of the government.

Personal Research: 20% of income. No benefit.

Please tell me what you think and what could be adjusted.

Cool posting template, I love to see the bbcode we work hard on making being used in such awesome ways.

Your the owner of rpnation? Well, I suppose that I must thank you for your role in maintaining the site, but do you mean the whole accordion/slide code? Not my idea, I am just copying jaye.

[QUOTE="Primordial Primrose]Your the owner of rpnation?

[/QUOTE]
Yeah.

And alright, Just wanted to say that looked cool lol.

Yeah, I saw it on his post and thought that if we could all simply use that, we could have a quick-access to information on the other characters without needing to hunt their character sheets. I couldn't think of any other bbc codes to use, and so I am looking through that update right now.

@The Dark Wizard : Any chance of us seeing an upgrade to the dice roller system soon, something that can handle a dice code like 2d8+1d6+4... let alone explosive dice or more obscure things?

vinom said:
@The Dark Wizard : Any chance of us seeing an upgrade to the dice roller system soon, something that can handle a dice code like 2d8+1d6+4... let alone explosive dice or more obscure things?
Been working on something like that for a while now. Should be done by December or January, the Dice roller isn't easy to update because I have to learn all the supports that we would want for it to support.

[QUOTE="The Dark Wizard]Been working on something like that for a while now. Should be done by December or January, the Dice roller isn't easy to update because I have to learn all the supports that we would want for it to support.

[/QUOTE]
An iterative developmental approach might be best for that. Breaking the functions down into modules, and building, testing, and releasing the modules, and taking feedback, then working on the next might be best.

Say you update the ability to add multiple dice sizes on a single roll. You then decide what next to create... metaphorically it's like making a quilt by adding more and more patches to blanket while it's in use.

vinom said:
An iterative developmental approach might be best for that. Breaking the functions down into modules, and building, testing, and releasing the modules, and taking feedback, then working on the next might be best.
I'm doing something like this, I want the addon to be as modular as possible, so more games can be added as needed instead of haaving to completely rewrite the addon.

As it stands, the existing addon can only does the regular roller and exalted :P !

From our PatternSpider/RPdom days ;D!

From what I can see you're basically making a new sub program for every one of those. How much over lap is there between those two, in use of classes and subclasses?

vinom said:
From what I can see you're basically making a new sub program for every one of those. How much over lap is there between those two, in use of classes and subclasses?
Lets not derail this OOC thread any more :P !

I plan to make a thread about this in the coming weeks.

For the record, at everyone, I am not the only and not the first to use bbcode to have a little 'quick info' thing at the side of my posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back