• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice DnD 5e "Wings of Chaos"

[dice]11928[/dice]

[dice]11927[/dice]

[dice]11926[/dice]

[dice]11925[/dice]

[dice]11924[/dice]

[dice]11923[/dice]

if you go to the DICE page, look at your little roll thging and look at the BBcode link, copy that, and paste it in the chat thingie down here, I like to put them in a spoiler to keep ti neat.

Protagonist said:
Question? Do firearms/muskets exist in this setting at all? Is there a way I could get my hands on one?
I don't think they exist in 5th edition yet, mate.

vinom said:
I don't think they exist in 5th edition yet, mate.
Yeah, I'm looking online. They exist in some DnD settings (including Dragonlance to some extent...that's where we are, right?), but I can't find anything on them for 5e that isn't homebrewed.

*Shrug* Oh well.

If only it was pathfinder, but good luck finding a game, no, really, if you do hook me up man.

Orikanyo said:
If only it was pathfinder, but good luck finding a game, no, really, if you do hook me up man.
Oh, I've already joined this RP. I was just wondering if there was a way to pick up a musket while we were playing. It isn't a very big deal to me either way.

Wasn't questioning your willingness man its just... I love me some pathfinder.

Protagonist said:
Oh, I've already joined this RP. I was just wondering if there was a way to pick up a musket while we were playing. It isn't a very big deal to me either way.
Given the standard D&D tech level, the closest to a musket we would realistically get is the bastard child of a crossbow and a

It would be harder to aim but probably do more damage. Also expensive as hell to make ammo for. Not buy, make, as in someone in the party should invent this for you.

Woo, posted finally. And also fancy sidebar thing. I would've liked my post to be longer but «eh» Also @Orikanyo - I figure 'Nyssa' is next to your gal but~~ I'm open for 'Nyssa' to be next to anyone (:3)

vinom said:
Given the standard D&D tech level, the closest to a musket we would realistically get is the bastard child of a crossbow and a

It would be harder to aim but probably do more damage. Also expensive as hell to make ammo for. Not buy, make, as in someone in the party should invent this for you.
What about a Chinese Firelance? They're even older than Hwachas, and much more musket-like.

Though yeah, I'd need to go out of my way to get my hands on one.

Protagonist said:
What about a Chinese Firelance? They're even older than Hwachas, and much more musket-like.
Though yeah, I'd need to go out of my way to get my hands on one.
A short range one shot disposable flame thrower... that might be done with alchemy.

the big issue with the musket, i wouldn't say has to do with whether or not there is gunpowder, but rather, with the statistics that would be typically associated with one, and whether or not you would be better off reskinning a light crossbow as a pistol. most of the time, people expect firearms to do huge amounts of damage, but if a pistol were a reskin of the light crossbow for all intents and purposes except maybe the damage type, i would be fine with it.

most of the time, those i have witnessed who wanted a firearm, weren't doing it for the flavor of their cowboy or pirate, they were doing it to get a huge advantage in the form of an exotic weapon that not many would carry outside their homeland that uses expensive resources that few NPCs could realistically afford while doing huge amounts of baseline damage. not that i beleive that is what you are seeking or anything.

I'm just gona pull out, got quite a few things to do with little enough time as is.

Plus my gut feelin is giving me red lights, so gotta run with it.

Protagonist said:
How do you use it?
You yoink the code and then fill it out according to your own chara (?? Not 100% on what you're asking).

Umbrie said:
anybody get to review Umbrie? who will eventually be a Rogue/Wizard later on
You're best off tagging @redfang54 for a review. Also I'm not sure if cross-classing is a thing in this RP? (Then again, are nymphs a thing either? I haven't checked the updated races.)

Last edited by a moderator:
is the little faetouched noble girl approved? for half-nymph, i simply reskinned the half elf and changed nothing about the mechanics. she could be inserted at any point.

@redfang54

multiclassing is a 5e thing, you just can't do it off the bat. essentially, i would start as a rogue and learn a bit about the arcane later. not that i don't have interest in it. but her mother was a mage, and well, she did a lot of eavesdropping growing up and well, despite developing some skills with some blades, she really wants to be a mage of the 2e spellcloak variety.

and if half-nymph doesn't work, she could be half high-elf or half-eladrin, which are pretty nymph like

Umbrie said:
multiclassing is a 5e thing, you just can't do it off the bat. essentially, i would start as a rogue and learn a bit about the arcane later. not that i don't have interest in it. but her mother was a mage, and well, she did a lot of eavesdropping growing up and well, despite developing some skills with some blades, she really wants to be a mage of the 2e spellcloak variety.
and if half-nymph doesn't work, she could be half high-elf or half-eladrin, which are pretty nymph like
(I know multiclassing in 5e is a thing - I didn't know if it was a thing in this RP. Multiclassing is kinda up to the GM's discretion. I know gestalting was turned down, I wasn't sure about multiclassing.)

multiclassing and gestalting aren't the same thing, multiclassing requires you to temporarily halt or delay progression within your main class to focus on a secondary and really. i intended to go, if i leveled to 20ish, Rogue 12/Wizard 8. it denies you a capstone, but allows new tactical options at the cost of diluting one's focus. essentially, the basic fighting style i envisioned, was a rogue who used fae magic to augment her roguish stuff and set up circumstances a straight rogue couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back