• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice DnD 5e "Wings of Chaos"

Once I get some feed back on if anyone else want's the Outlander or Gladiator Background, so I can grab the other, I'll be finished. (I know that there is no rules saying we can't match, I just think it would be helpful to the party if we had one of both as opposed to two of one.)

Well there is someone in the character sign up who has the outlander background so that may be your answer ( ;) )

vinom said:
Once I get some feed back on if anyone else want's the Outlander or Gladiator Background, so I can grab the other, I'll be finished. (I know that there is no rules saying we can't match, I just think it would be helpful to the party if we had one of both as opposed to two of one.)
As redfang said ( :P )

«eyes the 'good' and 'not necromancer' noble lady» (*^*) Sure buddy, sure. Also CS now actually finished? Wait I need to post it.

More then one it would seem... So Yes, I believe Joff will be a Gladiator... or perhaps a folk hero.

Basicly it's the choice of fans shouting your name, or a town playing songs about you on the banjo. Either or truthfully.

Or, in theory, both situations could have people shouting your name... With varying levels of happiness

My spell book, which i'll be doing very soon.. after I polish off a different character.

Yeah pretty much lol like half of the character sheets are still unfinished but really we may start before they are finished, it should be okay, it really depinds on when I can get the write up finished we can start so not too long (^.^)

I'm sorry, this is my first time with DnD. I'm not entirely sure how what I'm doing...do you know how to assign your skills, for example?

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no skills.

You're just rolling your stat mod and then if you have a proficiency in a skill you add the bonus based on your level.

Honestly 5e's handling of skills is my only gripe with the system so far since it feels so assbackwards

Same, but I guess it's alright. It looks like everything is gona be relatively low DCs, they really dumbed down the math...

Also, cantrips for wizards, Jesus christ they got a buff, a 1d8 for ray of frost, and I couldn't not grab witch bolt for the first level either...

Orikanyo said:
Same, but I guess it's alright. It looks like everything is gona be relatively low DCs, they really dumbed down the math...
Eh I don't mind lowered math since that doesn't automatically make a game bad so much as it means you have a much lower threshold for power creep as numbers will get screwy.

And I gotta say they did make this version friendly to beginners. However the skill system bothers me because in pnp games skills allow you to further customize your character. But here it's really beholden to your class which demands you to emphasize certain stats which is fine to a certain extent. But then you get the class eating up your choices with two freebies and it's weird and screams of the big issue of 5e being stuck in trying to appease the fanboys while trying to be babby's first pnp.

But I'd rather 5e over the broken mess that is 3.5 and deal not only with all the 500 extra classes in supplementary material but also deal with the bullshit that is the character tiers and be punished for taking a class that sounds cool and fun, but that is total garbage.

Protagonist said:
Ok, what's the difference between insight and perception?
Perception is your dude's ability to pay attention to details where as insight applies to character interaction and psychology

@Ixacise - no skills? Idk, yo, I mean mine is proficient in about 6 or so skills. That feels pretty custom for me. (What do you mean that there are 'no skills'? Is it that we don't put any points into training skills?)

@Protagonist - Like Ixacise siad: Perception is your character's ability to literally see the world around them. I high perception means you can see enemies before they see you or that you can see sneaky details in a room or something. Insight is empathy, your character's ability to understand other people's emotions and motivations.

@ Jaye: using the point buy and just the player's handbook, in fifth edition there are a few thousand possible first level characters, which cluster in very tight groupings. By the same restriction, in 3.5 there are billions of possible characters with nebulous clustering.

Ok, I think I know what I'm doing now. I hope nobody minds if I change my character's class? I looked more into it and I think my character's better suited as a psuedo-rogue rather than a fighter.

And if I did would I have to re-roll to know how much money he gets?

your character man, do as you want.

and yea, rebuying equipment.

vinom said:
@ Jaye: using the point buy and just the player's handbook, in fifth edition there are a few thousand possible first level characters, which cluster in very tight groupings. By the same restriction, in 3.5 there are billions of possible characters with nebulous clustering.
??? I don't know what this is in response to, soz.

Protagonist said:
Ok, I think I know what I'm doing now. I hope nobody minds if I change my character's class? I looked more into it and I think my character's better suited as a psuedo-rogue rather than a fighter.
And if I did would I have to re-roll to know how much money he gets?
That's fine just try to get it done as soon as you can (^.^) and yes you will need to re-roll your wealth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back