• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic −D⇡L⇣GENCE OOC

;-; so sorry for the inactivity yesterday! I drove from Rhode Island to North Carolina, which took a total of 14 hours, and I was so incredibly exhausted that I couldn't be bothered checking the site. Hopefully I'll get some time to make a post today :D

Damn

You guys post way more when I'm asleep xD

Anyways

I'm so happy that everyone's making characters~! >u<

(More characters = more fun)

@Capella

I could make a relationship

Probably with Caspar when I finish him

For one I have something for YoYo

Angelique is a bit too old

And well Caspar is a my only other character

Unless you already have something planned I mean

Anyways just pushing this asshole out there *places Caspar down*

Unless you want to do the relationship with @clarinetti

Thinking about creating another too, male student or male teacher...

Everyone is just being so excited, it's hard NOT to want to make another! >.<

@Yuuki of the Strata; would Gravity Manipulation or Emotion Manipulation be against the power limitations you put up, or would one of them maybe fit?

@Owlet Nothing's in the works yet. I haven't had a chance to speak with @clarinetti about it. However since you already seem to have plots going for at least one of your characters, I hope you don't mind if I decline for now in preference for helping someone else be more involved. (:

@Scribbly; I would need more explanation on Emotion Manipulation, bit Gravity Manipulation I can except to an extent. I'm actually making a character with Floor Tilting xD ;; If you would like that power though, feel free to use it.

Technically, @CaraTheMeow, you posted the exact same power as someone else. They were accepted already. Did... I give you an example of a variant? oAe I thought I did. The more specific the power is, the easier time it is to keep it from copying another person. Noah's character deals a lot with echo location and seeing with sound. If you went with just straight Voice Mimicry, I wouldn't consider it the same power.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Yuuki of the Strata,

I'm not sure yet, I'll look into it some more... I get that the gravity one should be limited somehow, especially if I'd pick a student, at least. Was debating a teacher with emotion manipulation. Maybe I find something else.

But I'm not sure it should get too crowded either... >.<

I'm going to throw down some links to possible powers. If you guys like them, feel free to use them. Just lemme know so I can cross them off the list. xD

Also remember, these powers affect the self, not others.

Dermal Armor

Density Manipulation

Malleable Anatomy

Self-Sustenance

Camouflage

Enhanced Condition

Enhanced Athleticism

Enhanced Memory

Enhanced Durability

Enhanced Endurance

Enhanced Awareness

Enhanced Flexibility

Enhanced Instincts

Enhanced Stamina

Enhanced Touch

Enhanced Taste

(I think I see a trend here... xD )

@Scribbly; I'm not sure what you mean by Emotion Manipulation though. Like, they can control other's emotions? Or is it that they can radiate an emotion that others may pick up on and feel similar?

I guess emotion / mood manipulation would effect others, though. So... it's not an option?

I'd say he could sense other's moods and try to "take them" away if they are negative, or maybe enhance when positive? Maybe mood control and just force any emotion on someone is not the way, but...

Empathy itself could be a power, but I would rather not have it affect others.

Unless everyone comes to a unanimous agreement about opening up powers to involve ones that may affect other characters outside of their own, I can't really change the rule I've set. D;

I put it in place not only to have people think outside of the box a little bit, but also to negate godmodding via forcing their power onto someone else's character.

OOh, I was thinking of making another character, and enhanced flexibility would be awesome for her :D would it be possible to reserve it...?

[slides in and raises a hand]

I feel that there're probably a good amount of abilities that can somehow affect others within the "self" spectrum.

For instance, Millie's is still a self power, but because she can produce gas and spread her poison to others via touch it's also able to affect others.

I'm sure there're others that can do similar things as a byproduct of their self ability~

Yikes! So many replies~

Anyways hello everyone

There are so many awesome powers it seems~

@Yuuki of the Strata

I wanted to ask if my new character Casper could be a shapeshifter of sorts

He basically can just change his bone placement, pigmentation, etc.

I would've been done all his descriptions but alas

My phone hates meeee

DXX

(It was so pretty too) *sigh* nothing's gonna work on mobile

I probably won't make another reply since I'm running out of batteries but hello anyways~!

Sounds a bit over the top, eh? Hm. *looks further*

It's not really biological or mental anyway either.

Like Shield Construction, would probably be cool, but it's not really biological or mental either.

@Scribbly; my brain is just trying to process how that would work with reality. Pretty much what they would be doing with that power is compressing gravity SO MUCH so that they would make a solid mass. It would be a much much smaller scale of how planets are formed. xD I mean, its possible but I'm not sure how they could... control what shape it is? I imagine it would take a horrible amount of strain in order to even hold that much pressure from condensed gravity.

If you're ever not sure about a power, always ask yourself: How can I explain this with real life science?

@Owlet; So something like Body Modification? or Body Manipulation all together?

@Scribbly; I think if you want to do anything relating to gravity, the character themselves would have to change their own gravity and possibly the gravity of a small area around them.

I don't recommend any construct powers. They dive a little too much into the fantasy element.

@Yuuki of the Strata

It was an article called Biological Manipulation so does that make sense?

My fact description was all deleted so I'll try to make another explanation when I get over it

Which would be now

Imagine him rearranging/reshaping his bones, changing color, and body type la de da

Although it's extremely painful if he were to rearrange his whole body (ex transforming into a dog or wolf)

It would require a lot of concentration

Depending on what he were to turn into, it would take several minutes to half an hour

@Yuuki of the Strata, okidoki. I'll look further into it. Maybe something related to a subject, for a teacher. And else, I'll just go with the male student.

@Owlet; You can look into Body Manipulation, but I don't recommend he be able to change into animals. That would be completely changing him entirely including DNA and in essence. I wouldn't be able to accept that aspect because its a little too far into Werewolf and fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back