• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

[QUOTE="Throne Trinity]For Max nothing really comes to mind except for add more detail.

[/QUOTE]
Detail has been something I've struggled with my whole life in writing. People often will tell me I'm a pretty good writer, but that I need to "Show don't Tell." Especially when dialogue gets involved. I've had trouble for many years with that.

[QUOTE="Throne Trinity]I don't really think your necessarily the spot light. The whole thing about seeing the dead kind of came out of left field but it's whatever. Honestly I feel that Max kind of has his own agenda, just like everyone else. Gregor wants to be a great detective and uncover TR's plans, Baelok is defending his hive and having an internal struggle, Zak wants to be the very best, Max has gotta catch 'em all etc.
Anyway that's my two cents (sense? I always felt like this saying was a play on words and can't tell which meaning of the word I'm supposed to use) I'm sure most of it is just nonsense.

[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE="Throne Trinity]Also people are talking about Max in the OOC because he's got a very defined personality and its easy to put him into a comedic situation. At least that's how I see it.

[/QUOTE]
I dunno if this is me being paranoid, or only proving my point further (that is, that I'm subliminally narcissistic and want the spotlight.) But at the very least, I'm glad to know I'm not being a jackass.

I can't really say anything, mostly because I'm too nice for my own good, but I'll try anyway. I apologize in advance if I say something that upsets anyone.

So I guess I can see why some see Dante as OP, but everybody needs a Kakashi sensei, so I can see Dante fitting that role. Though once someone figures out how much his flashbacks can cripple him, they have an advantage over him.

Ravyn isnt that mysterious to me, but that's mostly because her and Zak have happened to interact in an old poke rp. But she is different, and I think she can easily fit a role like Dante, she is a champion after all

Aleric, being a King, can be as powerful as Dante. But unfortunately, he wasn't been given the chance to show it yet. That's how I see it anyhow.

I don't see Baelok being repetitive. We know little about him, he could down many paths.

As for me, I know I'm not good with details. I either use too much and ruin it, or I use too little. I'm not sure what you guys mean by using detail with dialogue, so I'm willing to hear any advice you guys can give me.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I can't really say anything, mostly because I'm too nice for my own good, but I'll try anyway. I apologize in advance if I say something that upsets anyone.
So I guess I can see why some see Dante as OP, but everybody needs a Kakashi sensei, so I can see Dante fitting that role. Though once someone figures out how much his flashbacks can cripple him, they have an advantage over him.

Ravyn isnt that mysterious to me, but that's mostly because her and Zak have happened to interact in an old poke rp. But she is different, and I think she can easily fit a role like Dante, she is a champion after all

Aleric, being a King, can be as powerful as Dante. But unfortunately, he wasn't been given the chance to show it yet. That's how I see it anyhow.

I don't see Baelok being repetitive. We know little about him, he could down many paths.

As for me, I know I'm not good with details. I either use too much and ruin it, or I use too little. I'm not sure what you guys mean by using detail with dialogue, so I'm willing to hear any advice you guys can give me.

[/QUOTE]
They mean that whenever we speak in a post, we tend to lack non-dialogue events to complement it.

Assailant said:
They mean that whenever we speak in a post, we tend to lack non-dialogue events to complement it.
So.....like when Zak was reading the headstones of his uncles? I should've detailed the headstones better? Or when he was bathing, I should've described the water and Sapphire more?

Am I understanding correctly?

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]So.....like when Zak was reading the headstones of his uncles? I should've detailed the headstones better? Or when he was bathing, I should've described the water and Sapphire more?
Am I understanding correctly?

[/QUOTE]
Perhaps. I have this exact same problem, so I'm probably not the best to be asking for advice on this stuff.

It's only sometimes. If the only thing In your post is what's being said, I'd love to see you guys describe what's happening as well. A lot of times you do, and sometimes you dont.

I also have no experience, so feel free to ignore.

I think I'm understanding. Instead of just talking, I should take into consideration the environment. So if I say Zak glances somewhere mid sentence, I should be more descriptive about what he sees. Or talk more about the environment around him, make it seem less like he's in am empty room.

I'm not gonna be able to respond for a few days. Baelok is all alone right now so I'm not too worried, but I thought you all should know. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back