• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Chaos in Hoenn

Onikmey said:
I think that was an extreme case though. It may have been more to help Mewtwo than Dante.
Mew clearly doesn't want to see people suffer. It had a duty with Mewtwo, and he helped the collateral damage.

I think there's some confusion between a pure heart and innocence. Dante still has a very pure heart, but he no longer has the innocence Mew desires in one who would catch it.

Keep in mind, even if Mew only showed up to stop Mewtwo originally, Dante still nearly died saving it when Mewtwo had the upper hand, and he spared Mew two's life instead of killing him. Even though Mew wouldn't see Dante as a potential trainer, they would at least be on good terms as friends.

Though, I don't really see why Mew would want to be caught. It doesn't like fighting, after all. Not to mention, who would Max drop from his team for Mew?

I could see Mew more following Max around without being caught once Max truly proves himself.

Perhaps Max wants to catch Mew for the sake of recording data. Once that's done, he releases Mew. Or he catches Mew, but let's Mew fly around doing it's own thing, but they both know Max is it's trainer

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]It doesn't like fighting, after all.

[/QUOTE]
I believe that's a common misconception of Mew. I haven't found any dex entries that state that. I believe people that because of how childish Mew acts.

Fun fact, in the Japanese dub of the first pokemon movie, Mew fully intended to wipe out all the cloned pokemon, Mewtwo included. It viewed them as inferior.

Sounds like a fighter to me haha

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I believe that's a common misconception of Mew. I haven't found any dex entries that state that. I believe thunk that because of how childish Mew acts.
Fun fact, in the Japanese dub of the first pokemon movie, Mew was fully intended to wipe out all the cloned pokemon, Mewtwo included. It viewed them as inferior.

Sounds like a fighter to me haha

[/QUOTE]
The english dub played it off completely differently....

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]The english dub played it off completely differently....

[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes they did. I guess they thought that would be too violent for kids here in 'merica.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]Yes, yes they did. I guess they thought that would be too violent for kids here in 'merica.

[/QUOTE]
Well then, I stand corrected on Mew's opinion of fighting... I had been picturing Mew as in the English dub that I watched probably ten million times as a kid (I had the VHS xD )

I kinda wanna let mew - sightings be max's thing. Dante has his epic past to deal with and Baelok has his fight against insanity. Alaric looks like he's going to lead a Giovanni hunt. Zak's challenging the gyms to be the very best. I haven't figured out ravyn's goal yet, but I kinda want to let max be the legendaries finder.

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]Perhaps Max wants to catch Mew for the sake of recording data. Once that's done, he releases Mew. Or he catches Mew, but let's Mew fly around doing it's own thing, but they both know Max is it's trainer

[/QUOTE]
This. I haven't decided between the two, but it's one of these two.

The black line covering position available I'm the first lore post is gone. Could you make up two kings to fill the slots?

Onikmey said:
I kinda wanna let mew - sightings be max's thing. Dante has his epic past to deal with and Baelok has his fight against insanity. Alaric looks like he's going to lead a Giovanni hunt. Zak's challenging the gyms to be the very best. I haven't figured out ravyn's goal yet, but I kinda want to let max be the legendaries finder.
I was mostly just going to have Dante in on what Mew is planning. xD

"Oh you actually let him get a ball on you this time? That's a first."

"mew mew mew, mew mew mew mew mew mew"

"Yeah, I bet his face was priceless"

"Mew mew mewmew mew mew!"

"You're such a tease! Oh, by the way, how's Mewtwo doing? He still holed up in that cave?"

"mew mew mew...."

"He put a boulder in front of it? Damn... I've heard of wanting some alone time but he takes it a bit far...."

"Mew..."

Onikmey said:
The black line covering position available I'm the first lore post is gone. Could you make up two kings to fill the slots?
Oops, that's what I get for copy pasting.... I'll fix it!

Assailant said:
This. I haven't decided between the two, but it's one of these two.
That is, of course, assuming he ever DOES catch it.

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]I was mostly just going to have Dante in on what Mew is planning. xD
"Oh you actually let him get a ball on you this time? That's a first."

"mew mew mew, mew mew mew mew mew mew"

"Yeah, I bet his face was priceless"

"Mew mew mewmew mew mew!"

"You're such a tease! Oh, by the way, how's Mewtwo doing? He still holed up in that cave?"

"mew mew mew...."

"He put a boulder in front of it? Damn... I've heard of wanting some alone time but he takes it a bit far...."

"Mew..."

[/QUOTE]
Max: Don't be like that, I got you fair and square!

Mew: mew mew mewmewmew mew mew.

Max: DON'T PATRONIZE ME!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but that might overshadow max's part of the story. He's been building up a relationship with mew in his posts, and mew seems super picky. Don't get me wrong, Dante is unique and amazing. He's one of my favorite characters. But if he's already got a really close relationship with mew, it might diminish the impact of max's story with him. I just don't wanna overshadow assailant's part of the story.

Onikmey said:
Yeah, but that might overshadow max's part of the story. He's been building up a relationship with mew in his posts, and mew seems super picky. Don't get me wrong, Dante is unique and amazing. He's one of my favorite characters. But if he's already got a really close relationship with mew, it might diminish the impact of max's story with him. I just don't wanna overshadow assailant's part of the story.
Thanks for looking out for me!

I will admit, the idea that he's conspiring with someone seems kinda weird and DOES break the relationship. I mean, I'm not the boss, and I won't tell you what to do. But I do agree.

Onikmey said:
Hmm.. I can understand that. My intention was more to build Mew's character up as opposed to overshadow Max's story, but I can understand that. Oh well, I'll just scrap that idea then and leave it as a funny one-off joke in the OOC ^^

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Hmm.. I can understand that. My intention was more to build Mew's character up as opposed to overshadow Max's story, but I can understand that. Oh well, I'll just scrap that idea then and leave it as a funny one-off joke in the OOC ^^

[/QUOTE]
Yeah, sorry. I get it, I know what you meant to do. Just...

Regardless, I imagine sometime Max and Dante will get into a conversation about Mew.

Dante: Believe it or not, I was saved by Mew.

Max: Oh really? I've met Mew myself.

Dante: Oh? What happened?

Max: Last time we met, I hit it with my bird and shot it with ice.

Dante: ...

Max: Then I threw a ball at it.

Dante: Wha-?

Max: It laughed at me!

Dante: What do you-?!

Max: The prick

Dante: *punches*

[QUOTE="Jose Prime]I feel like Zak is the most generic character here.....he's just a trainer taking on the league.....

[/QUOTE]
In a world of strange people, a generic trainer is just what we need.

Kinda strange that a kid who has a rivalry with the ancestor of all pokemon and the other legendaries and can talk to the dead is around the next most generic.

To Assailant: Don't mention it. When you RP it's a group story, and the only person who should change your part without asking is the GM

To One Mean Ghost: Is all good. I know you didn't mean to. I do it too. I am definitely a fan of PMing to work things out. ;)

To Jose Prime: What assailant said.

Assailant said:
Yeah, sorry. I get it, I know what you meant to do. Just...
Regardless, I imagine sometime Max and Dante will get into a conversation about Mew.

Dante: Believe it or not, I was saved by Mew.

Max: Oh really? I've met Mew myself.

Dante: Oh? What happened?

Max: Last time we met, I hit it with my bird and shot it with ice.

Dante: ...

Max: Then I threw a ball at it.

Dante: Wha-?

Max: It laughed at me!

Dante: What do you-?!

Max: The prick

Dante: *punches*
Yeah.... i can see this happening xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back