• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood: The New Heroes (OOC)

Should this be remade?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, according to the official wiki she an oracle and can communicate with and command the dead. She also has the powers of both illusion (making one thing look like another thing) and true change (actually transforming one thing into another thing).

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's her wiki:

The demigod children of
Hecate possess magical abilities (as shown by Lou Ellen and Alabaster) and they are only demigods who can truly cast magic. As shown in The Demigod Diaries, children of Hecate can control the Mist, a magical force with which they can cast illusions and a myriad of other things. Using the Mist they can summon items such as a sword and create apparitions called 'Mistforms'.

By speaking in either Latin or Ancient Greek, her children can cast many spells for various effects such as creating fire, generating cold, protecting oneself and shielding themselves from the tracking abilities of monsters.

They have been shown to be able to levitate objects and using their powers to remove a person's nose (as shown by Lou Ellen playing Got-Your-Nose with Miranda Gardiner from Demeter's Cabin).

Hecate can be a tough parent, and her children must prove their worth and study hard to master their skills in magic, as magic has a way of twisting around the user. So if a child of Hecate isn't careful, their spells can do more harm than good.

Now if you want your character to have every power listed above as an example, that wouldn't be impossible to accommodate, but adding more powers than that, while somewhat plausible, might be a bit much.

Arynne said:
Well, according to the official wiki she has the powers of both illusion (making one thing look like another thing) and true change (actually transforming one thing into another thing). She's also an oracle and can communicate with and command the dead.
yeahh, the illusions relate the the Mist abilities and I didn't put down the necromancy or oracle stuff just because I figured I'd leave that to an actual Hades and Apollo kid or the oracle herself

G4hardcore said:
Here's her wiki:

The demigod children of
Hecate possess magical abilities (as shown by Lou Ellen and Alabaster) and they are only demigods who can truly cast magic. As shown in The Demigod Diaries, children of Hecate can control the Mist, a magical force with which they can cast illusions and a myriad of other things. Using the Mist they can summon items such as a sword and create apparitions called 'Mistforms'.

By speaking in either Latin or Ancient Greek, her children can cast many spells for various effects such as creating fire, generating cold, protecting oneself and shielding themselves from the tracking abilities of monsters.

They have been shown to be able to levitate objects and using their powers to remove a person's nose (as shown by Lou Ellen playing Got-Your-Nose with Miranda Gardiner from Demeter's Cabin).

Hecate can be a tough parent, and her children must prove their worth and study hard to master their skills in magic, as magic has a way of twisting around the user. So if a child of Hecate isn't careful, their spells can do more harm than good.
whoa I tustve missed that O.o I guess that answers that, my apologies for not poking around more. I looked at Wikipedia a bit and the Percy Jackson Wiki and hers...where exactly was this? Just outta curiosity and should I adjust the powers stuff ?

9forgotten said:
yeahh, the illusions relate the the Mist abilities and I didn't put down the necromancy or oracle stuff just because I figured I'd leave that to an actual Hades and Apollo kid or the oracle herself
whoa I tustve missed that O.o I guess that answers that, my apologies for not poking around more. I looked at Wikipedia a bit and the Percy Jackson Wiki and hers...where exactly was this? Just outta curiosity and should I adjust the powers stuff ?
Alright, so just to clarify, the abilities will center around illusions/mist manipulation, summoning items and mistforms. The more exotic applications, such as cold manipulation, creating fire, and shields, will be based on incantations spoken in Greek or Latin (probably Greek, all things considered). Keep in mind that using magic, especially for higher end feats, requires energy/stamina (I say this to avoid anything too OP in the future).

Camp Half-Blood

It seems to be a very well done and factual wiki, pretty reliable. And it's all good--you're welcome to post at this point. I'm going to do the easiest thing for everyone and edit Chiron's post to include your character, as well as tag you.

G4hardcore said:
Alright, so just to clarify, the abilities will center around illusions/mist manipulation, summoning items and mistforms. The more exotic applications, such as cold manipulation, creating fire, and shields, will be based on incantations spoken in Greek or Latin (probably Greek, all things considered). Keep in mind that using magic, especially for higher end feats, requires energy/stamina (I say this to avoid anything too OP in the future).
Camp Half-Blood

It seems to be a very well done and factual wiki, pretty reliable. And it's all good--you're welcome to post at this point. I'm going to do the easiest thing for everyone and edit Chiron's post to include your character, as well as tag you.
Hmm I see....thank you for pointing that out, and I'll go fix up that power thing :) Thanks for pointing that out and helping me with it haha you too @Arynne

9forgotten said:
Oh also, should I mention the light/dark thing due to the moon goddess stuff too or nah ?
Light dark thing? Is that an ability? Sorry I just don't know what exactly that means lol, like making it light and dark and stuff?

G4hardcore said:
Light dark thing? Is that an ability? Sorry I just don't know what exactly that means lol, like making it light and dark and stuff?
Not technically I don't think haha she's considered the Moon goddess and is associated with the dark side of the moon so in a sense darkness but I don't have to have that. Honestly, Hecate makes me laugh, very much in a center ground- neither "light" nor "dark", so I can with whatever you'd prefer since I'm just joining and such

Heh, I just figure any light or dark type abilities can be covered using incantations, it being a very generalized style of magic.

Fun fact: Hecate is actually a Titan!

Still present~

I just haven't been able to get on my laptop because my charger is not working so I have to order a new one online~

LifeNovel said:
Still present~
I just haven't been able to get on my laptop because my charger is not working so I have to order a new one online~
Been there, and it's no problem. If and when you're able to get a post in, it's all good.

I'll be posting for Sam and Zeno tomorrow morning, gods willing.

Celebi said:
Nico here, can someone catch me up I'm thinking about returning.
Personally, I think that's a fantastic idea. :D

Currently, Chiron is having a meeting at the Big House, with all of the people that are still participating in the RP. Some haven't posted yet, but I'm confident they'll get around to it. This takes place immediately after the conclusion of the campfire.

GM or player?

For the prophecy, a son of Hades is still needed, so if you come back, definitely bring your spawn of Hades, I don't wanna have to NPC him lol

I don't mind being a GM

As for my Hades kid, I'm dropping him and my other characters. I'll make new ones, including spawn of Hades

A few weeks before today I had been thinking about coming in here and asking if anyone wanted me to remake it. Though I see it's gone smoothly without me, I might take a vote on it.

Come to think of it, Starchan is awol, so if inspiration strikes you to make an Ares daughter, by all means lol. Otherwise, I'll make due.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back