• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Camp Half-Blood: The New Heroes (OOC)

Should this be remade?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
@G4hardcore Simply because now, in retrospect, I like the idea of hallucinations over pneumonia (which fit the theme better, would make him more of a problem and obviously can have a big impact in the middle of a fight with lasting after-effects), I will likely change the second half of Disease Control.

Since Flight is fine, I'm just going to keep it. I was mulling over the idea of swapping Flight and the Hallucination portion of Disease Control for Pyrokinesis, but in all reality, I don't quite think Pyrokinesis fits the theme of the character whatsoever. He's not meant to be terribly destructive to his environment - just to the psyches of those around him. If anything, I might make his method of flight involve flames, but that would be mostly aesthetic.

As a final note, I've seen different GM's implement abilities like Foresight in various ways, often depending on skill with it. I've even seen a GM in an X-Men roleplay allow a master of the mutation (in that case) to be able to predict and perceive the future so effectively and quickly that they could perceive what their opponent would do in combat before they did it. That character, however, had literally no other mutation. Their fights ultimately became a game of cat and mouse with either them winning due to knowledge or losing because they could not alter what was going to happen. On a sidenote, Danger Room Duels in that RP with this character became really interesting because other characters began to in character "metagame" to counter his mutation, leading them to create scenarios where he could escape/alter the future. Anyway, I digress and return to the initial point. In this particular case, he has no mastery over his Foresight and it would likely be best used as a plot device for GM purposes. A quick PM to me, maybe a collab, and we create a vision scene. It makes for a fantastic way of progressing the plot and introducing new elements. At times, it's also great for foreshadowing. I don't intend on directly controlling the ability. Part of the character is that he is showing up to Camp Halfblood in hopes of learning to control it, then maybe lead a normal life. Obviously he won't, but he's young and naive.

@The Architect

Aesthetic flames? Cool. I'll always shoot you a PM to let you know about any visions that may take place. You're welcome to post IC at any time from this point on, and welcome to Camp Half Blood!

i just began to read through the IC a bit, it seems rpnation alerts have betrayed me again ;-;, is there any where i could put my character at?

i lost all alerts right after the prophecy was given, it seems to have been a long time since then rp wise.

@G4hardcore I have edited his CS to reflect our discussion here. It's just an adjustment to Disease Manipulation and Flight. Notably, I changed the name of Disease Manipulation to Wine Prophet's Plague... because I essentially based the ability entirely off of alcohol and I realized that since there is no virus or bacteria that it technically isn't a disease, which irked me. Anyway, you can read it over, but keep in mind that even some of the 'worse' side effects listed are still relative. The effects on a demigod will obviously be lesser than on humans, and likely to various extents on beasts. (Hungover Minotaur, anyone?) Anyway... also made Flight into Solar Flight because why not. Gives it an edge, makes it more Apollo-themed and I think it's just more fun.

Uhh, about introducing my character. Any suggestion how?

Federoff said:
i lost all alerts right after the prophecy was given, it seems to have been a long time since then rp wise.
In terms of IC it actually hasn't been very long at all. Half an hour at absolute most.

The Architect] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/16365-g4hardcore/ said:
@G4hardcore[/URL] I have edited his CS to reflect our discussion here. It's just an adjustment to Disease Manipulation and Flight. Notably, I changed the name of Disease Manipulation to Wine Prophet's Plague... because I essentially based the ability entirely off of alcohol and I realized that since there is no virus or bacteria that it technically isn't a disease, which irked me. Anyway, you can read it over, but keep in mind that even some of the 'worse' side effects listed are still relative. The effects on a demigod will obviously be lesser than on humans, and likely to various extents on beasts. (Hungover Minotaur, anyone?) Anyway... also made Flight into Solar Flight because why not. Gives it an edge, makes it more Apollo-themed and I think it's just more fun.
Uhh, about introducing my character. Any suggestion how?
Well, if you wanted, you could post your character as among the other characters gathered in the amphitheater with Chiron. For the most part, everyone arriving should have already made it to camp by now, especially if someone from camp recruited Nate from the mortal world. However, if you want to post your character as having just arrived (better late than never!) that is fine too, which only leaves one thing to discuss; the recruiter in question. You could have the recruiter be your generic satyr, or even create another character to satisfy the need for having a fleshed out relationship. Basically, it would be either a NPC, or a secondary character. If you like, I can take control of the NPC in this case for the purposes of dialogue, or it can be you.

Federoff said:
well, i am a dummy dumb xD
No worries!

well, ill start thinking of a way to wake up Zanna in the theater, hopefully should be able to think of something by the end of school (9-3 pst) so i can post when i get home

Federoff said:
well, ill start thinking of a way to wake up Zanna in the theater, hopefully should be able to think of something by the end of school (9-3 pst) so i can post when i get home
Like, say, a bag of exploding popcorn? :P

GinjaGen said:
Yippee! I'm still here. I will post for Asha probably tonight.
and @Arkytior Out Poseidon kids can finally meet!
Huzzah! I'll let you do that then. Leila was at a beach, and if Starchan is still here, then Marion is going with her

after a long and distracting day of school, i have not been able to think of what i could do ;-; a lot is on my mind atm...

I'll be posting tomorrow afternoon. Right now, I've got to make a business trip to Mount Olympus and have a talk with the gods.

I planned on making a post today, but unexpected life circumstances prevented me from doing so. I will post tonight (around or before midnight) sorry for the delay! Also, after my trip from Olympus, I have learned much. I tried to bring back the lightning bolt but Zeus found out and punished me by making me eat my own small intestine. It was gross. And oddly, not very small.

Thanks for your patience guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back